Closed Thread
Page 44 of 301 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Yes, Don has definitely earned hazard pay but I can't figure out why he's still there!

FORT Fogey

I think that there are many marriages out there like Donn and Vickie - they're not in love like they were when they first got married, and can identify all sorts of flaws in each other, but at the end of the day, there's a level of comfort in having each other around. They appear to both bring in a good income, so if they were to split, that goes down. For all the griping they do about each other, they still appear to enjoy having someone around. I could not envision Vicki going to a dinner party by herself when there are couples there, as Jeana and Gretchen did at Tamara's -- she just does not appear to have that level of confidence and comfort with herself. I would guess that Donn and Vickie have probably toyed with the idea of bailing at times, and each came to the conclusion that even though the grass may be brown, it'd be browner on the other side of the fence.

brown grass... sad. Seems like if you are committed to the yard, you'd do something to help fertilize it and keep it healthy.

I think Misery loves company. They both seem pretty miserable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3287029;
    Yeah, we call those "water closets" around here. I guess we would have to see what her master suite looks like because it did not look like she was walking out of her closet into her bathroom, past the water closet, and out into the hallway. And she had also been in her bathroom messing with her hair with her straightener in another scene. So who knows!

Speaking of hair, Lynn's hair looked a total mess when she went out onto her balcony to call Gretchen. Very dry and scraggly in the back. Jeana's hair didn't look all that great either in that bathroom scene. Gretchen's got nice hair, but she is always playing with it. Maybe we will see the ladies all hopping into yet another limo and having a fun day at a salon!

After seeing the previews for next week's show, I can't wait to see Vicki weasel her way out of how she behaves at that bar.

I think there will be a very interesting Reunion show this season!
    The thing about their hair - the extensions get ratty, they're expensive, and probably these "ladies" are loathe to put more extensions on their credit cards until the hair looks really really ratty. The "ladies" are not actually wealthy (like the Atlanta housewives - who actually are wealthy).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess it all depends on what is most important to you. To a lot of people, hair is VERY, VERY important. Theirs (home-grown), or not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3287576;
    The thing about their hair - the extensions get ratty, they're expensive, and probably these "ladies" are loathe to put more extensions on their credit cards until the hair looks really really ratty. The "ladies" are not actually wealthy (like the Atlanta housewives - who actually are wealthy).
    Sorry, I do hair extensions for a living. The hair extensions (themselves) always look better than the ratty, overly bleached and (usually thin) hair that my clients have. That's why women get addicted to them. It's the best their hair has ever looked! A lot of clients say, that with extensions, they never have a bad hair day! They seem to hold curl better too. I'm not saying that the OC women have good looking hair. It's just better than what they would have if they didn't have the extra hair. I HATED the extensions in (I can't remember the name of the skin cancer wife from season 1) what's her name's head. They were WAY too long for the length of her own hair (always a giveaway). I loved Vicky's makeover on the Oprah site. If some of these women just added the hair for fullness and not do "stripper hair" the extensions would be fine. Unfortunately most women (that have $ to burn) don't always make the best choice. I compare it to "70's women going over board with platform shoes (they got bigger and bigger) and 80's women kicking up the size of shoulder pads. They got use to the style and just wanted more and more. Extensions look great if done right. Waiting too long to replace the extensions affects the base of the hair more than the ends. The hair starts to form dreadlocks if you don't take them out soon enough and this also causes the hair to break. You really can't see this just by looking at the person. Try taking them out ..... YIKES! Their main hair problem is that they have bad taste in hair!

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3287675;
    Sorry, I do hair extensions for a living. The hair extensions (themselves) always look better than the ratty, overly bleached and (usually thin) hair that my clients have. That's why women get addicted to them. It's the best their hair has ever looked! A lot of clients say, that with extensions, they never have a bad hair day! They seem to hold curl better too. I'm not saying that the OC women have good looking hair. It's just better than what they would have if they didn't have the extra hair. I HATED the extensions in (I can't remember the name of the skin cancer wife from season 1) what's her name's head. They were WAY too long for the length of her own hair (always a giveaway). I loved Vicky's makeover on the Oprah site. If some of these women just added the hair for fullness and not do "stripper hair" the extensions would be fine. Unfortunately most women (that have $ to burn) don't always make the best choice. I compare it to "70's women going over board with platform shoes (they got bigger and bigger) and 80's women kicking up the size of shoulder pads. They got use to the style and just wanted more and more. Extensions look great if done right. Waiting too long to replace the extensions affects the base of the hair more than the ends. The hair starts to form dreadlocks if you don't take them out soon enough and this also causes the hair to break. You really can't see this just by looking at the person. Try taking them out ..... YIKES! Their main hair problem is that they have bad taste in hair!
    Who on the show has extensions? Jeana and Vicki's hair always looks scraggly- I'd think with extensions, it would look better. Tamra or someone said Gretchen had extensions in one episode but her hair looks very natural to me.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

FORT Fan

I think all women have hair extensions. Remember when all the ladies appeared on Shear Genius? I think someone mentioned then that at least Lauri had hair extensions. Then one of the women posted on their blog that they all got hair extensions because none of them liked their Shear Genius makeovers. Gretchen's hair looks way too perfect and natural to be fake. I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;3287918;
    I think all women have hair extensions. Remember when all the ladies appeared on Shear Genius? I think someone mentioned then that at least Lauri had hair extensions. Then one of the women posted on their blog that they all got hair extensions because none of them liked their Shear Genius makeovers. Gretchen's hair looks way too perfect and natural to be fake. I could be wrong.
    I like Gretchen a lot and think her hair looks pretty real. However, to me, it is overly bleached and processed and dry for a 30 yo's hair.

Closed Thread