Closed Thread
Page 41 of 301 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3285792;
    I've tried to feel for Tamra, but I can't find 1 single redeeming quality about her.
    I think people know what they are getting into when they go on these shows.
    I think that when you compare Tamra to Vickie and Jeana AND when you look at her repsonse to Gretchen, it's evident that she went on the show to be a "star". I would not be surprised if she didn't pursue being cast on it actively. Vickie and Jeana were there from the beginning, so when they had the opportunity, they didn't quite know what they were getting in to. They were willing to take the risk, and as a result, I think we get to see a little more of the genuine people they are. Tamra on the other hand knew what the show was all about, and what the public response to it was, when she came on. You know how with a show like Top Chef or Project Runway, thre's a special "innocence" that comes from the first season that you never recapture because THOSE contestants do it not knowing what to expect? I think the same is true of orginal cast members vs new ones on a show like this.

Tamra came on the show with an idea of the "role" she wanted to fill. She wanted to stand out as the hot housewife. She wanted to stand out as the one who was just a little younger, more fun, etc than the other women on the show. And in her first season, she was. Then Gretchen came along, and she was hotter than Tamra, successful in her own right (remember how last season, Tamra tried to prove she was better at real estate than Jeana? Gretchen never bothered to try). It's like Tamra decided on a role they needed for the show, and tried to fill it. The producers agreed they needed that personality, and instead of promoting Tamra, they found Gretchen.

Quote Originally Posted by FashionMajor;3285695;
    Yeah, Vicki and Jeana were definitely hinting at a deathbed wedding for Gretchen and Jeff. Last night's episode revealed a lot about their characters. They really are smart, business-oriented women who are money driven. I liked how Lynne tried to get her point across, too. Although it was pretty impossible for her to compete with V & J.
    I expected it from Vickie but not from Jeana! I was very disappointed in Jeana! Especially since neither of them seem to be the gold digger types! (ok, Jeana, just a little) (in the "olden days"). Vickie is really a piece of work! Her own kids laugh at her! She's and idiot! Once this show is over, what will she be left with? Hasn't she read ANY of the things that have been written about her? Doesn't she know how awful she is? She is soooooo messed up and I looooooved it when she fell!!!! If ANYONE deserves it, she does!!!! Also loved her getting hit in the head with the ball!!!!! LOVED IT! She's an insurance agent from Orange County that happened to get on a reality show on BRAVO!You're right!!!!! Poor Lynne didn't stand a chance with those two BIATCHES! AGAIN! VERY disappointed in Jeana!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3285799;
    Tamra came on the show with an idea of the "role" she wanted to fill. She wanted to stand out as the hot housewife. She wanted to stand out as the one who was just a little younger, more fun, etc than the other women on the show. And in her first season, she was. Then Gretchen came along, and she was hotter than Tamra, successful in her own right (remember how last season, Tamra tried to prove she was better at real estate than Jeana? Gretchen never bothered to try). It's like Tamra decided on a role they needed for the show, and tried to fill it. The producers agreed they needed that personality, and instead of promoting Tamra, they found Gretchen.
    This says it all and says it perfectly - Tamra has such venom in her voice at times when she talks about Gretchen, it's been disconcerting but I think you nailed the reason why - pretty pathetic for a 41 year old woman. I feel sorry for her daughters as they mature and wonder if Tamra will try to compete with them as well.
    Last edited by socalgal; 01-21-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3285705;
    Jeff was obviously on good terms with one of his ex's since he wanted her in his room over Gretchen. It was also mentioned that he had been married 5 times but he has just 4 ex-wives so he married one of them twice.
    I wasn't under the impression that Jeff wanted his ex wife there over Gretchen. The ex wife just showed up and Gretchen asked him to choose.....she never said what he chose. I actually assumed he chose Gretchen.

Gretchen also said he had five ex-wives.

Quote Originally Posted by socalgal;3285818;
    This says it all and says it perfectly - Tamra has such venom in her voice at times when she talks about Gretchen, it's been disconcerting but I think you nailed the reason why - pretty pathetic for a 41 year old woman. I feel sorry for her daughters as they mature and wonder if Tamra will try to compete with them as well.
    Tamra even said on lastnight's episode that her daughter loved Gretchen

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3285833;
    Tamra even said on lastnight's episode that her daughter loved Gretchen
    Just was watching a rerun and Tamara said that the daughter said that she liked Gretchen and that she reminded her of her (Tamara). As with (most) anyone, it's OK for someone to be an idiot but it's better if the person isn't your mother!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3285828;
    I wasn't under the impression that Jeff wanted his ex wife there over Gretchen. The ex wife just showed up and Gretchen asked him to choose.....she never said what he chose. I actually assumed he chose Gretchen.

Gretchen told Jeana that the morning had had a lot of drama in it. She went on to say that Jeff's ex wife had come to stay with Jeff because his son had told her that he was always alone. Gretchen then said that she told Jeff to choose "Which one of us do you want to be here with you?" Since Gretchen was at lunch with Jeana (in So County) and NOT at the hospital (in Duarte 60 miles away) I'd say that that means Jeff picked his ex as the one that he wanted to stay with him.
    Jeff was married 5 times. She said that she would be wife number four. He was married to the mother of his children 2 times. That was the ex that was there to see him.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3285828;

He had 4 wives.
    #2 and #5 are the same woman.
    Last edited by hepcat; 01-23-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks. I guess I mis-understood Gretchen. When talking to Jeana she said "this is the 3rd (or maybe she said 2nd) wife that has does this!" And Jeana asked "How many ex-wives does he have?" And Gretchen said "Five!" They must've said how many times has he been married.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm sure Jeff had things he wanted to discuss with his childrens' mother, while he still could. I don't see the problem with that. I didn't see it as a "love competition" that Gretchen lost.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Closed Thread