Closed Thread
Page 299 of 301 FirstFirst ... 199249289290291292293294295296297298299300301 LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3005

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

i agree . . .

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3860826;
    He could be a stripper.

Seriously his real expertise apparently is in the field of title insurance. I keep coming back to my theory that if he were seriously on the lam for being a deadbeat dad he'd keep a much lower profile - he's doing everything he can to be on camera, not away from it. I don't say that he's Mr. Innocent but there's some complexity there that everyone is being tightlipped about.

FORT Fogey

Seriously his real expertise apparently is in the field of title insurance. I keep coming back to my theory that if he were seriously on the lam for being a deadbeat dad he'd keep a much lower profile - he's doing everything he can to be on camera, not away from it. I don't say that he's Mr. Innocent but there's some complexity there that everyone is being tightlipped about.
    I guess I'm open to that. Someone posted a few articles that he was able to hold the "authorities" at bay by claiming he was paid very little for his appearances on the show (I can believe that), and had to use the $ to support himself. Something just doesn't seem right, though....

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3860823;
    (for some reason I can browse to FORT again! )

Well, we have clips of them together at a club, I thought, technically they could have met there. Ickie said Whorie really fell for Slade (which means she thought he had dough) but hinted that it was only a short-term fling. Slade was sure as hell splitting hairs about it at the reunion, and for him it was probably a good thing Whorie wasn't there with times, dates, and voice and e-mails.

I didn't think he was "splitting hairs" as much as it seemed like he was trying to find a not-so-crass way to say that it was just a hookup and not really a relationship.

Even if Laurie did have dates, times, voicemails, and emails, unless they were saying how much he loved her and things along those lines, then it doesn't prove anything (IMO, at least). I know plenty of women who have deluded themselves into thinking they were in a relationship, but really it was just a hookup/friends with benefits situation.

Just because a guy wants to have sex with you doesn't mean he's in love with you. And just because sex is involved, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a real relationship.

I agree with this. In MI deadbeat dads can go to jail, don't know what it's like in CA, but if it's the same then I don't think he'd be putting himself on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by thetortfeasor;3861676;
    Just because a guy wants to have sex with you doesn't mean he's in love with you. And just because sex is involved, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a real relationship.
    That's not what Vicki thinks...she probably now thinks Lauri and Slade were getting married.

I do agree with you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3861618;
    I guess I'm open to that. Someone posted a few articles that he was able to hold the "authorities" at bay by claiming he was paid very little for his appearances on the show (I can believe that), and had to use the $ to support himself. Something just doesn't seem right, though....
    I would imagine that it's waaaaay more complicated than we can ever figure; people like Slade are not stupid and know that it's good tactics to delay and complicate.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3861797;
    I would imagine that it's waaaaay more complicated than we can ever figure; people like Slade are not stupid and know that it's good tactics to delay and complicate.
    True. And that's probably something to think about with ALL of the housewives before judging them. (Not said to anyone in particular, but to ALL of us). I'm sure there's more to Tamra, Vicki, Gretchen, etc etc than we could imagine. Even Simon.

I am curious, though -- do you have a guess/opinion as to what complications could prevent Slade from getting a job to help support his terminally ill son?

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3861871;
    I am curious, though -- do you have a guess/opinion as to what complications could prevent Slade from getting a job to help support his terminally ill son?
    Lack of marketable skills.

ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3862706;
    Lack of marketable skills.
    I was referring to someone's previous post about Slade's "situation" being more complicated than we can know, and I wondered how that might figure in to Slade not getting a job.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3863143;
    I was referring to someone's previous post about Slade's "situation" being more complicated than we can know, and I wondered how that might figure in to Slade not getting a job.
    Perhaps his divorce settlement treats income from a job as half hers, but income from performing (on RH shows) as all his or something. I dunno. The man's clearly not devoid of talent. But for example, until she gets rid of the fool, Sandra Bullock will not be signing any movie deals and let him and his skanky ho gf get their tattoo'ed claws on her cash.

So maybe it's something like that. If he were really a deadbeat dad, would he even show his face? Notice too that none of the other housewives have come out and said he was cheating his son out of support - even Ickie who clearly hates him. (But I bet at night, when Donn's asleep beside her, she imagines him, his hands all over her his love washing her clean in the disgrace of hot lust.)

Oh, sorry about that last part.

Closed Thread