Closed Thread
Page 298 of 301 FirstFirst ... 198248288289290291292293294295296297298299300301 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3005

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3859704;
    I'm not really sure I want to see Kim Richards all grown up and in this franchise - anyone besides me remember her as the little blond kid on "Nanny and the Professor?"
    She's THAT Kim Richards?!?
    I had no idea she was related to Paris Hilton!

Wasn't she also in `Escape from Witch Mountain'? Ahh, the Wonderful World of Disney...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3859870;
    She's THAT Kim Richards?!?
    I had no idea she was related to Paris Hilton!

Wasn't she also in `Escape from Witch Mountain'? Ahh, the Wonderful World of Disney...
    Loved Kim Richards and Escape from Witch Mountain!

I think I'll be tuning into this show.

i don't know . . . . i live in cali and i know plenty of highly educated and experienced ppl that can't find jobs. he may have a better shot at getting some low income benefits for the baby by being employed as opposed to accepting a low paying job somewhere . . .

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3857934;
    Why can't Slade get a job? Seriously, he could get something. He's getting paid on the show, and I know that's probably not a lot, but I hope he's at least making an effort to use some of that for his son's treatment, and support. I know the economy is tough right now, but Slade could get some sort of job. He seems to only be interested in having a job related to Entertainment, but when you have a child with a life-threatening illness, you do whatever you have to do to bring in some income. JMHO

FORT Newbie

Was the little girl on Nanny and the Professor named: Prudence? Can't remember what I did yesterday but I will really be scaring myself if her name was Prudence ...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3860171;
    i don't know . . . . i live in cali and i know plenty of highly educated and experienced ppl that can't find jobs. he may have a better shot at getting some low income benefits for the baby by being employed as opposed to accepting a low paying job somewhere . . .
    I just wonder if Slade is being "picky" re: jobs. If you have a child with a terminal illness, I don't think you should be "picky" about what sort of job you get. Working in a restaurant, a store, etc would be something. Slade could get some sort of job, I'm sure. I don't know your friends' situation, but I'm guessing they probably aren't in the same position as Slade, who is in no position to be "picky." Not saying your friends are being "picky," but they may be more fortunate to not have to accept just any job. I don't think Slade has that luxury.

When you wrote, "he may have a better shot at getting some low income benefits for the baby by being employed as opposed to accepting a low paying job somewhere . . ." Did you mean he may have a better shot at some low income benefits if he is "unemployed?" If so, he and his former wife are divorced, and since the son lives with the mother, I don't think Slade's employment status affects his son's eligibility for benefits. If the mother doesn't work/can't work, I think the son would be eligible for certain benefits, since he lives with her. I could be wrong about that, and maybe someone can correct me. If I'm right, then Slade working any job could only help his son.

still posting here til i find the right location, please bear with me.

this looks like it's gonna be very interesting. these are supposed to be respectable and credible people. let's see just how much reality life will wreck them. lol.

Photos: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Cast Revealed! | Reality Tea
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OBXLvr;3857287;
    Slade is awful and why would Gretchen believe him saying he never "dated" Laurie vs everyone else saying they did. They even have clips of them being together.
    (for some reason I can browse to FORT again! )

Well, we have clips of them together at a club, I thought, technically they could have met there. Ickie said Whorie really fell for Slade (which means she thought he had dough) but hinted that it was only a short-term fling. Slade was sure as hell splitting hairs about it at the reunion, and for him it was probably a good thing Whorie wasn't there with times, dates, and voice and e-mails.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3857934;
    Why can't Slade get a job? Seriously, he could get something. He's getting paid on the show, and I know that's probably not a lot, but I hope he's at least making an effort to use some of that for his son's treatment, and support. I know the economy is tough right now, but Slade could get some sort of job. He seems to only be interested in having a job related to Entertainment, but when you have a child with a life-threatening illness, you do whatever you have to do to bring in some income. JMHO
    He could be a stripper.

Seriously his real expertise apparently is in the field of title insurance. I keep coming back to my theory that if he were seriously on the lam for being a deadbeat dad he'd keep a much lower profile - he's doing everything he can to be on camera, not away from it. I don't say that he's Mr. Innocent but there's some complexity there that everyone is being tightlipped about.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3857849;
    I She liked Jo (at least from what I remember) and Lauri so anything they tell her she's going to believe which is understandable if you are friends with them.
    I think it was more that she wasn't sure enough of her Queen Bee of the May status to vent about Jo - I can't seriously see somebody with a superiority complex the size of Ickie's being fond of Jo or relating to her on any level whatsoever.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3858649;
    I finally got to watch the Reunion part 2 last night.
    I'm not defending Vicki, but I did think they ganged up on her too much.
    Jim continues to come across as a total sleazebag. Only now he blames his ancestors for the way he treats his wife.
    I thought Slade came across extremely sleazy.
    Poor Jeana. Tamra really lit into her.
    I love how Tamra always throws everyone else under the bus. She, however, is always unscathed.

If Vicki doesn't return next season, I'm not sure I'll watch. These women are really starting to get on my nerves.
    I agree; Alex especially used the cowardly "everyone" or "we" a lot. "We feel..." "Everyone thinks...". And doesn't Madame TamRAAA pile in. I notice that Poor Lynne mostly stays somewhat bemusedly silent.

Jim is a sleazebag and thuggish.

I didn't think Slade came across slimy, exactly, more like somebody who didn't know when to shut up. Arguing with a lady in public never makes a gentleman happy.

I didn't understand why Earth Mother was there - they dragged her on stage, lit into her, and then dismissed her.

Closed Thread