Closed Thread
Page 296 of 301 FirstFirst ... 196246286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301 LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3005

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;3855765;
    I totally agree, that's why I was like "uhhhh" when Gretchen mentioned that she bought it. That had to be Slade's genious idea.
    I was going to say the same thing.

Didn't Slade introduce Jo to this producer too? Or was the producer a friend of Jo's?? If he was a friend of Slade's to begin with couldn't it be argued that Slade has Gretchen best interest in mind and NOT that he is trying to milk her for all she's worth?

FORT Fanatic

Does anyone remember that early on in this series, Slade's parents drove their motor home down from Alaska for a visit? They seemed so nice and NORMAL. How could they produce someone as sleazy as Slime - I mean Slade?

Does anyone know his life history? Did he ever find another job?

Slade is a man-hoe. I think that's why Gretchen is attracted to him.

FORT Newbie

How comes it seems Tamara never seems to shed a tear when she "cries"? :p. She never really cries yet she made fun of Gretchen at one time saying she was faking it. I don't really like any of the women now on the show as it seems to have all gone down hill. Its not what it used to be. Slade is awful and why would Gretchen believe him saying he never "dated" Laurie vs everyone else saying they did. They even have clips of them being together. I dont get why she stands up to him unless the two of them are in cahoots together and it's all a big charade. How does Gretchen pay her bills prior to the Beaute crap? She didn't work and it seems she was supporting Slade. I guess they get paid being on the show correct? Maybe Slade said he'd give part of his money to Gretchen if he'd let him be her tv b/f

Tamra doesn't cry real tears. That's why. She comes across as phony as her tears do.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Vicki didn't know that Lauri and Slade were dating until Lauri told her. Vicki probably told Tamra and, thus, the dating rumor starts.

Remembering Lauri the way I do she was needy and pathetic enough to think one or two dates equals dating.

No one likes Gretchen (except Alexa and, maybe lynn) so I get why she doesn't listen to them. I wouldn't if I were her. I mean, really, would you listen to acquaintances telling you that your boyfriend was no good. Especially ones that had never been particularly nice to you?

Tamra even sounds fake when she cries.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 03-18-2010 at 12:15 AM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3857586;
    Vicki didn't know that Lauri and Slade were dating until Lauri told her. Vicki probably told Tamra and, thus, the dating rumor starts.

Remembering Lauri the way I do she was needy and pathetic enough to think one or two dates equals dating.

No one likes Gretchen (except Alexa and, maybe lynn) so I get why she doesn't listen to them. I wouldn't if I were her. I mean, really, would you listen to acquaintances telling you that your boyfriend was no good. Especially ones that had never been particularly nice to you?

Tamra even sounds fake when she cries.
    True about not listening to someone you know doesn't like you talking about your b/f. Still though if she looks back and how Slade has acted in past shows and how about the lack of paying child support? She just glazed over that when asked.

I guess I don't remember things he's done in the past that make him slimey. He did treat Jo like a child but she acted like a child. I don't see him treating Gretchen the same way.

I don't even consider Lauri in this because if they were truly dating it was not a significant amount of time. And sex does not equal dating or serious relationship.

As far as the child support payment, or lack of, goes. If he is not paying it simply because he doesn't want to then he's a horrible human being. However, he has said that he doesn't have a job and that they have thousands of dollars in medical bills because of his son's illness. How is he suppose to pay either of these if he has no job?

And if this is the case, I wonder if people would be up in arms if it was the mom was in the position Slade is (not paying child support). I suspect that a lot of people would be more understanding and the reasons for not paying (no job) it more believable.

Also, I take it with a grain of salt when Vicki doesn't like someone simply because her opinions are usually based on biase. She liked Jo (at least from what I remember) and Lauri so anything they tell her she's going to believe which is understandable if you are friends with them. BUT there's always three sides to a story (his side/her side/the truth) but Vicki takes the first story she hears and runs with it not at all considering the truth.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 03-18-2010 at 01:21 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3857849;
    As far as the child support payment, or lack of, goes. If he is not paying it simply because he doesn't want to then he's a horrible human being. However, he has said that he doesn't have a job and that they have thousands of dollars in medical bills because of his son's illness. How is he suppose to pay either of these if he has no job?
    And if this is the case, I wonder if people would be up in arms if it was the mom was in the position Slade is (not paying child support). I suspect that a lot of people would be more understanding and the reasons for not paying (no job) it more believable.
    Why can't Slade get a job? Seriously, he could get something. He's getting paid on the show, and I know that's probably not a lot, but I hope he's at least making an effort to use some of that for his son's treatment, and support. I know the economy is tough right now, but Slade could get some sort of job. He seems to only be interested in having a job related to Entertainment, but when you have a child with a life-threatening illness, you do whatever you have to do to bring in some income. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by OBXLvr;3857789;
    True about not listening to someone you know doesn't like you talking about your b/f. Still though if she looks back and how Slade has acted in past shows and how about the lack of paying child support? She just glazed over that when asked.
    if any of those women has class they wouldn't ask her about it in the first place. it's not her place to speak about something that is between him and his ex-wife. what she should do when asked is say "why do you want to know?" or "ask him".

i don't consider someone having sex with someone the next night after he just broke up with his girlfriend a relationship. lauri pounced on slade and he did her to make jo jealous. if it didn't turn out the way she wanted then that's on her and she really should get over it. and i wonder why no one says anything about the way lauri did jo either. they were supposed to be friends or getting to know jo at the time. that to me doesn't put lauri in a good light as a friend.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Closed Thread