Closed Thread
Page 295 of 301 FirstFirst ... 195245285286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3005

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

  1. #2941
    FORT Fanatic Hobbes07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sunflower field
    Posts
    670

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3855507;
    Nope, Slade convinced Jo to have Gretch on her music video, even if she was only in the background. Now he's convinced Gretch to buy the rights to Jo's non-selling songs ... awkward, don't you think?
    I did not know until the reunion that Jo even had a video made. WHat's Jo's last name, I'm going to youtube it.

    I assume Jo isn't the only person's music in this catalog, Slade most likely had his hands all over the deal, but it's possible that Jo's music was not the reason for it.

    Does Gretchen get to control what happens to the music or is it just a money making deal for her? If she doesn't have control over the music I don't really see the big deal about her owning it. Actually I don't see the big deal either way.

  2. #2942
    Just passin through SassnSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    495

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    say what you will about gretch she looks damn good in her clothes. she wears them very well.

    Photos: OC Housewives’ Gretchen Rossi Goes Shopping! | Reality Tea
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

  3. #2943
    Just passin through SassnSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    495

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3855693;
    I did not know until the reunion that Jo even had a video made. WHat's Jo's last name, I'm going to youtube it.

    I assume Jo isn't the only person's music in this catalog, Slade most likely had his hands all over the deal, but it's possible that Jo's music was not the reason for it.

    Does Gretchen get to control what happens to the music or is it just a money making deal for her? If she doesn't have control over the music I don't really see the big deal about her owning it. Actually I don't see the big deal either way.
    if the catalog is used like in a commercial or a movie or talk show i.e. (which is why hardly anyone sings the traditional happy birthday song it's that expensive) she will be asked before hand and she will be paid royalties. which is why if there's anything good in the collection it's a smart investment. she will not unfortunately make any real money off of jo's catalo because jo cannot sing. although she was better than kz (from atl) and sounded better than what we will be forced to here from the discountless lulu (from ny). and i believe the longer a song (or music) is played on a show or movie the more money you make. 15-30 sec clip could be about $15-25k depending on popularity it could be more. i believe if jo's agent/manager did their job she will also be paid so she won't be losing much. a friend in the music business explained it to me. his bands music was used a few times on the real world back when the real world was good. so anytime you hear a song played on shows like grey's, gossip girl i.e. the artist and owners of the catalog have given permission and were paid a fee. and if any part of a catalog is used without permission they can be sued. it's not a big deal and it's done everyday.
    Last edited by SassnSauce; 03-16-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

  4. #2944
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    if i got paid, i don't think i would care. we all know it's not what you know, but who you know in this world. so yeah, i get the fact that without slade, gretchen prob wouldn't have had the slightest clue abt the catalog sale, but she does know him, so an opportunity presented itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3855174;
    So I'm curious...Would you be okay if you were a musician, and your ex-boyfriend's (whom you are not speaking to) new girlfriend bought your music catalog? Would it not enter your mind that something could possibly be up?

  5. #2945
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    ITA hobbes

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3855693;
    I did not know until the reunion that Jo even had a video made. WHat's Jo's last name, I'm going to youtube it.

    I assume Jo isn't the only person's music in this catalog, Slade most likely had his hands all over the deal, but it's possible that Jo's music was not the reason for it.

    Does Gretchen get to control what happens to the music or is it just a money making deal for her? If she doesn't have control over the music I don't really see the big deal about her owning it. Actually I don't see the big deal either way.

  6. #2946
    Just passin through SassnSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    495

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3855735;
    if i got paid, i don't think i would care. we all know it's not what you know, but who you know in this world. so yeah, i get the fact that without slade, gretchen prob wouldn't have had the slightest clue abt the catalog sale, but she does know him, so an opportunity presented itself.
    maybe jo couldn't afford it or didn't know enough about the business to know that she could buy her own catalog. remember that guy from the beatles (his name escapes me right now) was upset with the king of pop for buying up the beatles catalog. now i don't know how he couldn't know it was up for sale but it happens.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

  7. #2947
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    216

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by SassnSauce;3855717;
    if the catalog is used like in a commercial or a movie or talk show i.e. (which is why hardly anyone sings the traditional happy birthday song it's that expensive) she will be asked before hand and she will be paid royalties. which is why if there's anything good in the collection it's a smart investment. she will not unfortunately make any real money off of jo's catalo because jo cannot sing. although she was better than kz (from atl) and sounded better than what we will be forced to here from the discountless lulu (from ny). and i believe the longer a song (or music) is played on a show or movie the more money you make. 15-30 sec clip could be about $15-25k depending on popularity it could be more. i believe if jo's agent/manager did their job she will also be paid so she won't be losing much. a friend in the music business explained it to me. his bands music was used a few times on the real world back when the real world was good. so anytime you hear a song played on shows like grey's, gossip girl i.e. the artist and owners of the catalog have given permission and were paid a fee. and if any part of a catalog is used without permission they can be sued. it's not a big deal and it's done everyday.
    I totally agree, that's why I was like "uhhhh" when Gretchen mentioned that she bought it. That had to be Slade's genious idea.

  8. #2948
    Just passin through SassnSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    495

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;3855765;
    I totally agree, that's why I was like "uhhhh" when Gretchen mentioned that she bought it. That had to be Slade's genious idea.

    if slade did have a hand in it then not only did he look out for himself but he also looked out for gretch. what are the other housewives husbands doing for them? boobs pop, nothing can be done for celulite/stretch marks and lips get over inflated. mo' money in the bank is mo' money in the bank.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

  9. #2949
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by SassnSauce;3855742;
    maybe jo couldn't afford it or didn't know enough about the business to know that she could buy her own catalog. remember that guy from the beatles (his name escapes me right now) was upset with the king of pop for buying up the beatles catalog. now i don't know how he couldn't know it was up for sale but it happens.
    That would be Paul McCartney.

  10. #2950
    Just passin through SassnSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    495

    Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

    Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3855835;
    That would be Paul McCartney.
    yes. thank you. paul didn't speak with m.j. for years. the housewives said that jo was bitter about them dating if that's true imagine how she feels now knowing that her ex's new girl/ex friend owns a piece of her dream. does anyone know if they, baby jo and hot gretch, were really friends or just acquaintances? i mean what do you say to that? it's not personal it's a recession? which, after thinking about it, is not so bad a reason/excuse. it's tacky but understandable maybe even credible (lol). okay, noooooooottttt! that's kicking a dog when it's down to pay the light bill (remember, baby jo couldn't sing). i wonder how slade explained it to them. to be a fly on the wall.
    Last edited by SassnSauce; 03-16-2010 at 04:42 PM.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.