Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3853626;
    LOL, seemed a bit extreme to me too . . . .

my mom would never do something like that, but then that's bc i would never drop an f bomb in a text to my mom, i respect her and her opinions on profanity too much for that.
    Okay...first off I didn't say anything in public but did take him to the back room. He works as a bartender & I go there often for dinner. His manager actually gave me a high 5.

The point is that too many parents try to be friends with their children over being their parents FIRST. It's great when parents & children are close, heck I must talk to my boys 10 times a day, but as a parent ypur primary role is to be a role model for your children and guide them through life. To tolerate disrespect like Lynne does just boggles my mind. I'm 50 & if I were to drop an F-bomb on my 85 year old mother she might seriously hurt me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3853613;
    ...and as long as she makes some $ on the jo catalog, congrats to her on that too.
    Just seems like a less-than-honorable motive to me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3853608;
    This reminds me, I like Andy but he was kind of being an a*hole last night. He should be neutral and not take sides but he does and that annoys me. He said something kind of a-holish to someone before the men came out too.

I don't think Slade can win either way, everyone has this preconceived notion on his motives even though none of us admittedly know what his motives are but himself. (did that make sense??)

I think some things are edited to make it look like there is staring going on when there's not.
    I know what you mean, but the camera was on both Andy and Slade at the time, and I'm pretty sure they didn't edit it to look like Andy gave a long pause. I'll have to watch it again to be sure, but I've noticed Andy does that from time-to-time when it seems like he wants to say something, but doesn't!

You're right about Andy sometimes being kind of an a-hole, but I still really like him. He's usually only like that on the Reunion shows, and not on his 'Watch What Happens Live' show. That has become one of my fave shows to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3853690;
    Okay...first off I didn't say anything in public but did take him to the back room. He works as a bartender & I go there often for dinner. His manager actually gave me a high 5.

The point is that too many parents try to be friends with their children over being their parents FIRST. It's great when parents & children are close, heck I must talk to my boys 10 times a day, but as a parent ypur primary role is to be a role model for your children and guide them through life. To tolerate disrespect like Lynne does just boggles my mind. I'm 50 & if I were to drop an F-bomb on my 85 year old mother she might iseriously hurt me.
    Okay well.....I agree with what you said in regards to teenagers but not in reference to adults.

Cracks me up that Lynne doesn't see any issues with her daughters and couldn't think of how she could possibly have done a better parenting job. I've known space cadets, but they're Einsteins compared to Lynne.

I'm wondering if this Vicki vs others thing is due to a slight "generation gap". Or perhaps the others are trying to run off the last original. I would be willing to bet the latter.

Btw, Alexis is/was boring as hell, and I wish someone had had the guts to just come out and say "You were boring, Vicki was rude but at least she tried to get it out in the open." As far as the texting/phoning during dinner, one call is good two are okay, but constant calls from home or business are inappropriate. They were BOTH in the wrong, so both of them owe apologies to the others. Even Perfect Alexis. It's very simple ... tell them you are eating now, but will call them back in a few minutes.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I only got to see Reunion Part 1.
    I was a bit disappointed in Andy, as he seemed to be on Tamra's side in the Tamra / Simon breakup. Obviously, there are 2 sides to every breakup. It was a bit unfair for Andy to jump on the bandwagon that Simon is awful. Yes, Simon does seem to be on the controlling side, but look who he was married to!!

Vicki kept defending Tamra, yet Tamra doesn't seem to do the same for Vicki

Gretchen amy have her faults, but she certainly seems the most normal and balanced of this entire group.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Vicki kept defending Tamra, yet Tamra doesn't seem to do the same for Vicki

I thought the same thing -- Tamara could have helped Vickie out a little when she was being attacked by Gretchen, Lynn and Fish lips (Alexis) but she did not at all -- I know Vickie has her faults but I really felt bad for her --and I have to say who the heck even cares what Alexis has to say -- she just bugs the you know what out of me -- she tries to portray herself as such a Christian -the fake (IMO) concern and praise God stuff she was saying to Vicki's daughter -- and then she said she thought that Vickie derserved to be crying and too bad for her -- Really -- why do folks even listen to her --ugh!!

OMG,

THanks for reminding me of St Boob of the Rack aka Fishlips aka Alexis's prayer for Vicki's daughter - the parting of the Red Sea speech and the Last Supper in a way that only a true C*rist*ian like Ms. Boob can deliver!!

Whenever I think of that,. I just crack up. I can't stand the woman or her holier than thou attitude, but she sure is funny.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3854094;
    THanks for reminding me of St Boob of the Rack aka Fishlips.
    She really does have them. I watched Parts1&2 and you see the LIPS before you even see her face. Very disturbing AND she is working in a plastic surgery office ... if I went in that office and saw THAT was the result ... I would RUN for the hills.
    KAREN

Closed Thread