Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3853050;
    Seriously?
    Oh I am serious. This happened less than a month ago. My reasoning is that first off I GAVE YOU LIFE. I do not yell, scream, curse & get into my sons faces. I give them respect & I demand respect in return. Dropping an F-Bomb on your Mom, oh so not happening.

I took the car keys off my youngest son who was 23 from a car he paid for BUT it was on MY insurance which, since he was still in college, I was paying for. He was neglecting to do routine maintainence on the car like having the oil changed & the car needed brakes. He had the money to buy a new video game, a new hoodie from Hollister, & go out to dinner with his girlfriend every night for 3 weeks but didn't have the money to fix his brake situation. If he would have gotten into an accident because of faulty breaks, it would have been my butt on the line.

It is all about teaching your children about personal responsibility & priorities. I just refuse to give into the entitlement generation.

The only reason why Vicki was 'ganged up' on (which I don't think she was but even so it was deserved) is because as soon as she is being criticized she goes into tit for tat mode. Not only is it not productive, but it also means she is not truly listening to what people are saying to her. No one was mean when talking to Vicki not even when she got all Vicki on them.

Her and Donn claim that the whole snoring act, while listening to Alexis story, was a joke and should have been taken as such. We all know that if someone had done that too Vicki and Donn, Vicki would have gone off the deep end. We know this. It was rude, regardless of how long the story was, IT WAS RUDE! They should have said 'I'm sorry if you felt it was rude, we didn't mean it that way'. Instead Donn said 'your story WAS boring' (he's not any better than Vicki IMO).

Same thing with the whole 'we have jobs' nonsense. Vicki should have simply said 'I meant in the conventional 9-5 way not that you were all unemployed losers, I"M SORRY, if I offended anyone'. However, IMO, Vicki harped on the job stuff too much for me to believe that she meant a conventional job. I believe she really thought none of them worked or that whatever they did she did not deem work.

If she put a little sugar on her reaction, owned her faults, and did not do tit for tat she was get different reacton from people. Vicki LOVES to be the victim in situations likes this.

I don't like Vicki when she's not around her family. When she's around her family she is the best of the bunch. She really needs to not be on the show next season but she will be.

I also didn't get why Vicki thinks Slade is on the show anymore than Jim, Simon, or Donn (also why didn't anyone point this out). Simon was on the show almost every episode, Slade wasn't every one and when he was he didn't get as much air time as Simon did AND usually the other husbands were there.

I was really surprised by Tamra, I think she handled herself well especially when 'publicity' comment was brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3853380;
    Oh I am serious. This happened less than a month ago. My reasoning is that first off I GAVE YOU LIFE. I do not yell, scream, curse & get into my sons faces. I give them respect & I demand respect in return. Dropping an F-Bomb on your Mom, oh so not happening.

It is all about teaching your children about personal responsibility & priorities. I just refuse to give into the entitlement generation.
    I get teaching your children responsibility, it just seems counterproductive/over reaction to go to your 28 year old son's work for something like that. If my mom had done that (which she had for another reason) I would not be thinking 'wow, I'll never speak to my mom that way again' that 'lesson' would have actually gone out the window because I would be pissed as h*ll that she couldn't have waited for a more appropriate time to discuss this with her ADULT daughter.

I just want to say that I think going to his work was the over reaction not what you said to him that actually made me laugh.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 03-12-2010 at 11:56 AM.

FORT Fanatic

I'm with you Bunny, not sure of your age range, but I'm old school, and my girls are fine, not perfect, but have never/will never call me out my name!

What was up with the men's hair last night? Especially Jim?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I think that the ladies were informing Gretchen of Slade's behavior because they are loyal to their friends. He's been a jerk to Jo and --- (her name escapes me). This is what true friends do, they look out for each other.

BTW, if I were Viki, I would not have listened to Tammy Two-face's crap at the St.Regis party. This two-faced b is inappropriate in any given situation always wanting attention. At the reunion, she rolled her eyes everytime Viki spoke, esp. when others were attacking her.

Smelly Dork and Plattapuss are gross, hypocritical, self-centered idiots... Gretchen and Slade are both whores and deserving of each other... Tammy deserves Slimon and they really should stay together as they are both jealous, petty, and small individuals... there's no hope for Lynne - thank goodness she stayed with frank cause she is scatter-brained.

I enjoyed watching Don and Viki this season. If they leave to show, I will not continue to watch.

Talk about people not owning up to what they did, Viki was talked about quite frequently by the others on "the girl's trip" to Florida, at the dinner party before and after Don and Viki left, and by Tammy Two-face and Slimon when they're sitting around their house sipping wine. Pot meet Kettle. At least Viki did own up to what she did. It was easy for the others to get away with this since Bravo left all these scenes out of the reunion footage.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3853387;
    The only reason why Vicki was 'ganged up' on (which I don't think she was but even so it was deserved) is because as soon as she is being criticized she goes into tit for tat mode. Not only is it not productive, but it also means she is not truly listening to what people are saying to her. No one was mean when talking to Vicki not even when she got all Vicki on them.

Her and Donn claim that the whole snoring act, while listening to Alexis story, was a joke and should have been taken as such. We all know that if someone had done that too Vicki and Donn, Vicki would have gone off the deep end. We know this. It was rude, regardless of how long the story was, IT WAS RUDE! They should have said 'I'm sorry if you felt it was rude, we didn't mean it that way'. Instead Donn said 'your story WAS boring' (he's not any better than Vicki IMO).

Same thing with the whole 'we have jobs' nonsense. Vicki should have simply said 'I meant in the conventional 9-5 way not that you were all unemployed losers, I"M SORRY, if I offended anyone'. However, IMO, Vicki harped on the job stuff too much for me to believe that she meant a conventional job. I believe she really thought none of them worked or that whatever they did she did not deem work.

If she put a little sugar on her reaction, owned her faults, and did not do tit for tat she was get different reacton from people. Vicki LOVES to be the victim in situations likes this.

I don't like Vicki when she's not around her family. When she's around her family she is the best of the bunch. She really needs to not be on the show next season but she will be.

I also didn't get why Vicki thinks Slade is on the show anymore than Jim, Simon, or Donn (also why didn't anyone point this out). Simon was on the show almost every episode, Slade wasn't every one and when he was he didn't get as much air time as Simon did AND usually the other husbands were there.

I was really surprised by Tamra, I think she handled herself well especially when 'publicity' comment was brought up.
    You said it all. Vicky doesn't think the show is fun anymore cos she is no longer in the power position. Slade is irritating but so are some of the other husbands. I haven't seen part 2 of the reunion yet, but why did Donn agree to come on the reunion show?

Vicky is jealousy personified. For someone who is so successful professionally, she is one insecure person. She was the only person who had nothing to say about Gretchen's song. But her expression said it all.

Quote Originally Posted by edifiz100;3853411;
    You said it all. Vicky doesn't think the show is fun anymore cos she is no longer in the power position. Slade is irritating but so are some of the other husbands. I haven't seen part 2 of the reunion yet, but why did Donn agree to come on the reunion show?

Vicky is jealousy personified. For someone who is so successful professionally, she is one insecure person. She was the only person who had nothing to say about Gretchen's song. But her expression said it all.
    Ok, I have to admit, I fell asleep for most of part 2 of the reunion but I did catch some of it. Did anyone else catch the part where they were "discussing" Vicki and how she attacks people and after her arguments back weren't working, she looked at Donn and said "help me"! I just about died!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3853454;
    Ok, I have to admit, I fell asleep for most of part 2 of the reunion but I did catch some of it. Did anyone else catch the part where they were "discussing" Vicki and how she attacks people and after her arguments back weren't working, she looked at Donn and said "help me"! I just about died!
    No..Man, I missed that. I did think it was funny Donn said that he would back Vicki if he felt she was being attacked....but yet he didn't really back her all that much on the reunion episode.

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3852296;
    Lynn is seriously making me ill during this reunion.
    Me too tenchikiss! Except Lynn started making me ill long before the reunion
    Lynn needs to find a doctor who can improve her INNER beauty NOT her outer appearance (I can't bring myself to use the term outer "beauty" as she is so far from being beautiful, pretty or even remotely attractive).
    She dresses like an old, used-up hooker, her face STILL looks haggard even after all the expensive cosmetic surgery and, her behavior (always playing the victim, always appearing to be stoned, spending money like she's actually wealthy and, no clue how to be a mom to her daughters) is despicable.
    I know all of the other women on this show have their faults and issues, but Lynn is the only one of them who I just can't take looking at or listening to.
    She's a mess.
    Whew! That felt good to rant about her!

Closed Thread