Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3849605;
    And flipping off her parents once again! Cannot believe how Lynne and her husband stand for that.
    Did anyone else notice that Tamra flipped off Simon as they walked into the party? She had just been crying on his shoulder and then they walked through the entrance and she flipped him off to his back...totally hilarious! It was a split second and Bravo didn't edit it out...

Also, Lynn and her daughters are despicable and appauling people!!!! I can't stand these women. At the first sign of underage drunkenness, Lynn should have taken the girls home and grounded them (ie, take their phone away, take their computer away, take their car away (oh, wait, the repo men already did that), etc.) Lynn should be arrested for allowing her daughters to gallivant around the party hooting and hollering in a drunken stupor. Lynn was too selfish to leave...she just wanted to socialize and show off how good "she thinks" she looks. I can't believe that Lynn and Frank would allow Alexa to stay at the party when she was throwing out F-bombs at a formal function. She is a spoiled brat.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3849730;
    I don't believe Tamra or her Crocodile tears(sorry for insulting crocodiles by associating them with Tamra). Tamra has been living in her little glasshouse and throwing stones. Karma has finally caught up to her.

I have to say of all of these woman Gretchen is the only one I can stand. The rest of these over Botoxed, Vulcan looking, gator skinned woman are just too much.

Alexis should have left her mom alone. Thanks to her Surgeon, mom looks like a muppet.

you make me laugh. i think the muppet you mentioned was madame. i just aged myself didn't i?

why does lauri always talk to people like she's rubbing something in your face? and then she walks away like she smelled something bad.
    she married that gross guy for his wallet. why should she care who slade is dating? her son should write book. he should dime her out for using him as her storyline. i hate when parents blame everything wrong in their lives on their kids or use them to get sympathy. i bet it would be a best seller. she's another one that can't be without a man. jeana will always be my favorite. and i don't care what gretch may or may not have done she doesn't annoy at all. i just wish she'd speak up for herself more to their faces. i was proud of her for finally telling tammyrot to shut the "eff" up. she got a woo hoo from me for that.
    Last edited by SassnSauce; 03-08-2010 at 01:55 PM.
    ur homely, jewish and rich. u get married. 5 yrs later, ur still homely and jewish but now ur divorced and broke - #itsjillzarinsfault- by little ol' me

Lol yeah she now looks like Madame from Wayland, Flowers and Madame,lol. I am really aging myself today.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hibernating

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3850516;
    Lol yeah she now looks like Madame from Wayland, Flowers and Madame,lol. I am really aging myself today.
    Oh my goodness...that is exactly who she looks like. Poor thing. There really was nothing wrong with her before. She had no significant wrinkles that I could see. I thought her skin was really wonderful for being 58. If she wanted a makeover, all she really needed was a bit of make up and a nice hair style. I bet she would have looked lovely with doing nothing more than that. I actually feel sorry for her.

Quote Originally Posted by clsriley;3850472;
    Did anyone else notice that Tamra flipped off Simon as they walked into the party? She had just been crying on his shoulder and then they walked through the entrance and she flipped him off to his back...totally hilarious! It was a split second and Bravo didn't edit it out...
    I noticed that, I thought it was funny, and I'm pretty sure she did it for the cameras.

I didn't think she was necessarily crying on Simons shoulder but more crying about the fight and he basically forced her to hug him. It was all very awkward. He was clearly trying to make things better so that she wouldn't talk about him to anyone at the party.

I don't really believe she's afraid of him, I think it's more that she's tired of his constant berating. I think she's using the fear factor for attention.

FORT Fogey

Simon can be a jerk without being an abuser. And Tamra can dislike him and be unhappy in her marriage without being a victim.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3850638;
    ... I didn't think she was necessarily crying on Simons shoulder but more crying about the fight and he basically forced her to hug him. It was all very awkward. He was clearly trying to make things better so that she wouldn't talk about him to anyone at the party.

I don't really believe she's afraid of him, I think it's more that she's tired of his constant berating. I think she's using the fear factor for attention.
    Good point about Simon only wanting to make things better so Tamra wouldn't talk about him (or the fight) at the party.

I commented in an earlier post that Tamra was fearful of Simon, but I didn't mean she was physically afraid of him -- I meant she was always in a perpetual state of fear as to what was going to set Simon off, which would launch him into criticizing something about her. I think she even mentioned that she didn't know what to say anymore b/c Simon found fault in everything she said or did. Can you imagine living with someone, and always being on edge as what to say or do? Again, I know Tamra isn't an angel, but I do have empathy and compassion for her or anyone else living with someone who is emotionally abusive. I know some people don't think Simon is an emotional abuser, but I do. JMHO

FORT Fogey

I think you're mistaking an unhappy marriage for abuse. Emotionally abused women would not pick a fight with their husbands, they will deflect and defuse if they are truly afraid of the fight. I just watched the scene in the limo. The things Simon was saying made his controlling nature evident, and he was very passive aggressive - which I loathe - but Tamra was the one who was the aggressor in terms of arguing. Tamra was the one who got angry and started fighting.

ETA: Emotional abuse is clearly what Tamra wants us to think. She was planning on working that angle before she got into the limo I am sure.
    Last edited by tears.and.rain; 03-08-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3850754;
    I think you're mistaking an unhappy marriage for abuse. Emotionally abused women would not pick a fight with their husbands, they will deflect and defuse if they are truly afraid of the fight. I just watched the scene in the limo. The things Simon was saying made his controlling nature evident, and he was very passive aggressive - which I loathe - but Tamra was the one who was the aggressor in terms of arguing. Tamra was the one who got angry and started fighting.

ETA: Emotional abuse is clearly what Tamra wants us to think. She was planning on working that angle before she got into the limo I am sure.
    By no means am I a Tamra fan, far from it actually but she also had a camera man in the limo with her so that was her opportunity to either finally stand up to Simon or milk the opportunity to humiliate him.

FORT Newbie

I might be in the minority here. I don’t dislike Alexis. If anything I feel pity for her. She comes across as a people pleaser to me. She wants EVERYONE to like her. And it is evident if you read her blogs on Bravo.com. Her blogs are generally long and full of justifications. She just seems eager to please.

Unless I missed something, I didn’t see any arguments or disagreements between Vicky and Alexis before the San Francisco lunch. Vicky snoring act at Lynne’s party was a bit rude. Your friends can take the joke but don’t try that on someone you don’t know. Vicky has never been welcoming of new cast mates and this was no different. Vicky is someone who preaches but does not know how to practice. During San Francisco lunch, she kept saying ‘How can you say that. You don’t know me.. You don’t even know me.’ But she says lot of things about Alexis and Gretchen without ‘knowing’ them. She has good things to say about people only when they put her on a pedestal. When Gretchen visited her office she said commented about how she has started liking Gretchen. She said she saw the ‘real’ Gretchen when G called to enquire about Briana’s health. When G did the same for Lynne’s daughter Vicky said she was fake or something to that effect.

Vicky is in her element only when she has power and control. She is pretty angry and upset and blames everyone else when that’s not the case. Her old cast mates were her friends prior to the show and they put up with her dominating nature. She got away with it up until last season cos she still had Jeanna who had her back. But when her last ally left she was totally defeated and now she is a bitter loser.

Btw, I have to add-I love this forum and I am glad that I found it. DH has no idea what I am talking about when I make comments while watching the show. None of the people I know watch TV as much so its nice to find this forum.

Closed Thread