Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by newshound;3849587;
    ...When ALexa was talking about just wanting another drink and eff this and eff that, they should have taken her by the arm and given her a good talking to and if that didn't accomplish something, get in the car and take her home. It's what you do with a child that is totally out of control, whether the child is a toddler or a teenager. What did they accomplish by staying? Is their allegiance to the producers or to their minor children? Disgusting.
    And flipping off her parents once again! Cannot believe how Lynne and her husband stand for that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3849603;
    I guess I meant her behavior when she was talking with Vicki -- when she broke down at the party. She kept saying how she was afraid Simon would see her talking, and when she saw Simon walk up, she said something like, 'oh no hear he comes. shh..." or something like that. When Simon asked her what she was talking about she tried to minimize things, and said she was just upset that Vicki and Simon couldn't be friends. Just her body language, and how she seemed to want to not upset him made it seem like she was someone who had gone through abuse. Tamra kept saying she was tired of living in fear, too. I wasn't suggesting physical abuse, but to me Tamra could be classified as someone who has been emotionally abused. In those few moments, I saw the raw and vulnerable Tamra. It was sad.
    Or, you saw someone who loves the drama and limelight that playing yourself as the victim brings. She didn't want Simon to hear because she was talking about him, not because she's scared of him. Tamra comes off to me as a very hard, calculating, manipulative person. Very fake, just like Alexis and Gretchen.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3849603;
    I guess I meant her behavior when she was talking with Vicki -- when she broke down at the party. She kept saying how she was afraid Simon would see her talking, and when she saw Simon walk up, she said something like, 'oh no hear he comes. shh..." or something like that. When Simon asked her what she was talking about she tried to minimize things, and said she was just upset that Vicki and Simon couldn't be friends. Just her body language, and how she seemed to want to not upset him made it seem like she was someone who had gone through abuse. Tamra kept saying she was tired of living in fear, too. I wasn't suggesting physical abuse, but to me Tamra could be classified as someone who has been emotionally abused. In those few moments, I saw the raw and vulnerable Tamra. It was sad.
    I have to respectfully disagree.
    I just find Tamra to be way too manipulative. I just don't see her as a victim. I don't think Simon's perfect, at all, but I don't get that she's emotionally abused, either.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I don't believe Tamra or her Crocodile tears(sorry for insulting crocodiles by associating them with Tamra). Tamra has been living in her little glasshouse and throwing stones. Karma has finally caught up to her.

I have to say of all of these woman Gretchen is the only one I can stand. The rest of these over Botoxed, Vulcan looking, gator skinned woman are just too much.

Alexis should have left her mom alone. Thanks to her Surgeon, mom looks like a muppet.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3849730;
    I don't believe Tamra or her Crocodile tears(sorry for insulting crocodiles by associating them with Tamra). Tamra has been living in her little glasshouse and throwing stones. Karma has finally caught up to her.
    I agree that Tamra hasn't always been the kindest, and karma may very well be taking place, but I don't think that makes her pain any less real. JMO

FORT Fogey

I don't think she's in pain. Honestly, I don't. If she is, it's because her perfect facade is crumbling and she's not coming off as the sweet perfect girl. She's not abused, she's just a crazy manipulative b!tch.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3849876;
    I don't think she's in pain. Honestly, I don't. If she is, it's because her perfect facade is crumbling and she's not coming off as the sweet perfect girl. She's not abused, she's just a crazy manipulative b!tch.

that is why they say "Be nice to people on your way up." Those are the same people you will pass on your freefall to earth" Tamra better hope those she has walked over are more sympathetic to her than she has been to them.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 03-07-2010 at 02:45 PM.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Exactly!

FORT Fanatic

What kind of event were these people at in the final episode? I thought I saw the word reception. That threw me off when I saw Gretchen's dress. If it was a reception yeah that dress was out of place. But if it was just some party Bravo threw Gretchen was dressed fine and AGE APPROPRIATE! I don't know what planet Vikki is living on but she is way too old to be wearing something like that. I also thought Tamra's dress was way too short. They need to stop shopping in the prom section of department stores.

I could say something about Lynn but why bother? She is a loser, her kids are losers, and I feel bad for the people who are going to be mowed down by her kids when they drunk drive. How big are limos that you can't see your kid getting drunk in the back? Also her kid crying all the time that she needs more discipline is getting old. Yeah her parents suck but she could also not do wrong things. You don't have to be told NOT TO STEAL every time your parents take you somewhere so why do her parents need to tell her all the time that drinking underage is wrong?

Tamra can cry me a river. This is how I see her husband's situation: Simon and Tamra are happily married before they join this show. Then after they become cast members Tamra starts to change slowly. She befriends someone who brings out the worse in her. Soon she is spending more and more time away from the house and dressing....well like that. Then Tamra starts having problems with Vikki and it bounces from "MOG Vikki makes me so mad and watch me sob over her all the time" to "MOG Vikki is my best friend and we snark on people all the time. If Tamra tells Simon she is unhappy with Vikki and she is so judgy you can't blame Simon for not liking Vikki when things get better. Because he knows the pattern. So when she was acting all "scared" that Simon was coming over it wasn't because he is an abusive husband. It was because last week she was crying and pissed off that Vikki was a bad friend. Simon doesn't want his wife to hang out with someone who is a bad friend. I would call him abusive if he was telling her to have no friends at all but he isn't. He just doesn't want that one bad influence in their lives.

Also I hate fake hug it out we are friends moment. I rather them be honest than pretend to be friends.

When I was in college I used to work at Macys. You would see the old cougars shopping in the JR's dept. They would try them on in the Misses dept. They all look like some midlifers trying to hold onto their youth. Gretchen looked great,very age appropriate.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Closed Thread