Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

With the way this season is going, does anyone really think there will be another? If there is another, what kind of storylines will be shown?

I have a funny feeling Vicky is headed out the door after this season.

The Tamra/Simon marriage is on the rocks.

Lynn, her husband and the two derelict teens are getting evicted.

Alexis and Jim.....Have we ever seen Jim leaving for work, or any film shot of him actually working? We've seen him on the golf course, in Florida with the guys and gals, in church ( ), in the lingerie shop, chomping on a cigar while telling the world how many carats worth of jewels he just bestowed on his stupid wife, going to a tupperware party with the girls, constantly correcting his wife, and hanging out at the pool with his family, nanny included, and the Barneys...back in happier times! Oh and we have also seen him hand off his rent-a-kids to one of the nannies.

I cracked up when Alexis defended herself as a stay-at-home mom of three. Funny, she forgot to mention the multiple nannies who are actually raising her children, or the fact that she spends more time at the gym, spa, getting botoxed and her mani/pedis....just like every other SAHM out there. Uh-huh.

I just cannot imagine all of this personal drama taking center stage next season. Maybe it is time to throw in the towel. Boy, won't Alexis and her creepy husband be pi$$ed. They probably saw this as their gravy train, just like the rest of them.

Having said all of this, I still will watch the rest of the season, realizing I will never get that hour back in my life. And I will definintely be watching the reunion show. That ought to be something else!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3819364;
    I just watched last nights episode.

Did Simon really say that the only people that are nice are him, Tamra, Lynn, and her husband (what's his name? Frank?). Really Simon? You and Tamra?!?!

So Alexis won't put up with physical abuse or cheating but she will mental/emotional abuse and a husband that clearly has zero respect for her? AND OMG their affections seems so fake and child like.

I find it so odd that Vicki works so much but still has time to be such a busy body.

One more thing, why do Vicki, Tamra, and Lynn's hair always look so fried? Is it humid in Orange County? I would think with the money they say they have they would have better hair. Gretchen and Alexis are the only two that have nice hair.
    BINGO. Now try telling Vicki that. Does she really think we are that stupid?
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

I am just so tired of ICKI'S very pompous attitude of late......"I work, I own a business, I am very successful, I cannot play tennis in the middle of the day, I work, I own a business, I am very successful, I cannot go to a cooking class at someone's house in the middle of the day, I work, I own a business, I am very successful"...............SHUT UP ALREADYYYYYYYYYYYY!
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

The recent poll question on 'Watch What Happens Live' asked if you were "For Vicki" or "For the World." Results were surprising: 75% were "For Vicki," 25% "For the World."

Also mentioned were the Housewives "celebrity" couples names:

Donn & Vicki = Dicki

FORT Fogey

Also, saw this on Vicki's Bravo Blog:

What the viewers didn't see is how Donn and I met which we did explain to everyone but it didn't make the editing block. Donn and I both worked at Wickes Lumber in Vernon Hills, IL back in the early 1980s. He was a lumber buyer and I was his secretary. I had only been married for a few months when we met, and I remember thinking "I married the wrong man." I was only 22 and he was 31. He stayed at Wickes for just a few months and then moved to California and we lost contact with each other (there was no Internet at the time). I ran into him nine years later at a local restaurant in Barrington, IL and he asked me if I was divorced yet. I couldn't believe it because I had already filed and was getting the divorced finalized within the next few weeks. He gave me his business card and told me to call him when we were finalized. I called him once it was finished and we dated for 2 1/2 years before he asked me to marry him. We were married 15 years ago in IL and moved to Southern California two weeks after we were married with the kids.
    Didn't know that about Vicki. I realize I'm in the minority, but I think I do like Vicki. I keep going back and forth. Yes, she can be self-serving, gossipy, whiney, annoying, etc; but all in all, I like her. I think. It seems like she means well, but her insecurities get the best of her.

FORT Fan

I may be the odd one out, but for the first time, I agree with Vicki 100%. Yes, the snoring was rude but Anoresxis deserved it. The group got offended by Vicki's comments because they don't work. I don't think Vicki meant to be rude with her comments about work, but she stated a fact that she indeed does work. Who has time to go to the gym for hours instead of work? Who has time to go to lunch every day instead of work? And I'm sure Vicki is totally turned off at the fact that these people don't work and stay broke while pretending to have money in the back.

For the first time, I'm siding with Vicki.

On to Alexis...when she has conversations with her husband, I feel like I'm losing brain cells. They act like two IDIOTS trying to have a conversation. The best example is when Alexis wanted advice on Grethen and Tamra. That conversation just felt wrong, forced and uncomfortable....especially how Alexis listened to Jim like he made intelligent comments. The truth is, he sounded like a total idiot. Then comes the conversation Jim and Alexis had in the car about a bikini. STUPID. STUPID. STUPID. Another dumb conversation was about sharing a salad. Those two are just annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if he beat her. He's a jerk. And she's a classic gold digger who got plastic surgery and molded herself physically and mentally to be what the idiot man wants. Sad indeed.

I don't mind Vicky, either. I'm not sure why everyone dislikes her so much. She can be tactless, a bit controlling, and threatened by new people-- but I don't think she's a bad sort. But then I don't dislike Tamra nearly as much as everyone else. I happen to agree with her about Gretchen.

Gretchen and Alexis, on the other hand, really annoy me. My suspicion is that Gretchen was going out with Jay while she was with Jim-- and that her dedication to Jim, as well as her sudden outbreak of "concern" and fund of great insight about Jim's and Lynn's kids--are manufactured by the writers on the show to "redeem" her, since she's popular with audiences. The comments by her and Slade to Lynn (and her husband) about their child-rearing were completely over the line. If anyone talked to me that way, I'd basically show them the door (or leave) asap. It showed amazing nerve and disrespect. And however ineffectual Lynn may be as parents, at the moment, that is not something you talk to someone about the way Gretchen does with Lynn. How insensitive can you be? Some kids do have trouble separating from parents as teens -- and that can lead to lots of rebellion or disrespectful behavior-- and it can be hard as a parent to know how to respond. -- We don't know how her kids will end up-- but I suspect they won't be drug dealers or murderers.

As for Alexis -- please, just give me a break.

Cavendish

Hibernating

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3819670;
    Also, saw this on Vicki's Bravo Blog:

Didn't know that about Vicki. I realize I'm in the minority, but I think I do like Vicki. I keep going back and forth. Yes, she can be self-serving, gossipy, whiney, annoying, etc; but all in all, I like her. I think. It seems like she means well, but her insecurities get the best of her.
    I agree with you completely. I go back and forth with my opinion of Vicki too. I admit I thought she was awful last year and she can be nasty, but overall I think she probably is trying to be a good person...While I don't think it should be excused, insecurity can really mess a person up. I think hers is probably deep rooted and I hope she can recognize it and eventually overcome it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I must admit that the snoring would have made me laugh; it is the only thing that would have broken through my "glazed-over" state that Alexis had put everybody in. Some people just don't know when to stop. I think the way in which she was telling her story was a sign of what you get when a person is not used to being listened to (as in "by her husband"). They get overly-excited that they actually have the attention of a group. I'm surprised that her husband did not cut her off.

I am not a Vicki fan, but I think that she and Gretchen are the only 2 people in that group that have an idea of who they really are...whether we like them or not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Is it legal to hand an eviction notice to an underaged child? Isn't one of Lynne's daughters only 17? I didn't see which daughter answered the door.
    I wish they wouldn't focus so much on the stupid husbands this season. Who gives a rats azz about Simon and slimey Jim? They are both whiny, insecure girly-men!
    And I really miss how they used to show the friendships between the women like when Vicki and Jeanna used to be friends. Now all they show is drama, fighting and back-stabbing. It's getting old.

Closed Thread