Closed Thread
Page 25 of 301 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Ok, I've held out as long as possible... long time lurker, and this is my first post! So, HI!

I think most of it has been said, but I just thought Tamara's PI where she states her reason for doing what she did to Gretchen was ironic. I think it's something like "actions speak louder than words, and I don't trust what she's been telling us"... yeah, whatever Tamara.... Does she not understand that this has shown her true colors?? This whole episode made me so mad. Yes, Gretchen got herself drunk, but I think Tamara's behavior was far worse and she's the one that should be embarassed and ashamed of herself.

Anyways, just my opinion...

Just one more thing: did anyone else think it was REALLY creepy how Tamra wanted Ryan to call her hot? Uh. HE'S YOUR SON. *cringe*

I never have like Ryan because he has always seemed like such a 'taker'. Last night the way he was touching Gretchen and smirking at everyone else..following her around and holding onto her, he gave me the creeps. HIs eyes were soooo creepy!! He was totally willing to take advantage of a drunk.

I was just starting to kinda like Tamara, but after watching what she did last night disgusted me. Tamara wanted the world to see Gretchens true colors, but I am afraid it really backfired, and now we know Tamaras 'true colors' I am sure that Gretchen was well on her way of making a fool of herself, but even then, Tamara should have been the one to rein her in a bit. Any hostess that has a bit of class would not allow this young woman to make that big of a fool of herself w/o trying to soften things. At a point where they saw she was getting drunk, she should have been given punch or water to drink. I am so upset with Tamara and her pervy son that I may never like her again. Tamara reminds me of something Roseanne Barr and Tom Arnold said onetime, we are white trash with money!!!

Vicki has really changed this season and I do not like the change..she seems to be mean spirited and angry. Poor Donn to hear on tv that he leaves her 'love tank, empty'...he seems to be a nice guy. I love his smile.

FORT Newbie

Vicki has to give a little to get back a little. I am not sure if she understands this, but I agree about the change in her this year. I wonder if she will be back for another season? She seems so unhappy, especially with new people taking the spotlight from her. Tamra got her so wrapped up in the whispering and gossip about Gretchen that their entire evening centered around watching Gretchen.

The guys in the show like Simon and Donn do not really want women to act like this. I wonder if they here about it later when the camaras are gone?

Did anyone get a chance to read Gretchens blog on Bravo today? Many critisize her in other areas of the show, and she explains what was going on for example, jumping the wall. The other man owns "Seven Jeans" and asked if she would wear a pair on the show. So quick to judge.....

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Turns out, I am a Gretchen fan. I love that she isn't intimidated in the least by the other housewives. She also puts them to shame when it comes to maturity. Who knew?!
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexaIn2006;3278150;
    She seems so unhappy, especially with new people taking the spotlight from her. Tamra got her so wrapped up in the whispering and gossip about Gretchen that their entire evening centered around watching Gretchen.
    Isn't it sad that a woman with so much is obviously so miserable?! Vicki needs psychotherapy in a hurry.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

FORT Fan

I agree that Vicki is much more unhappy this season. Even her blog from yesterday doesn't mention Donn, I kind of thought that was odd.

Anyway, I started watching this show last year, but have gotten caught up on all the passed seasons except for maybe the first (the one with the woman who ended up getting skin cancer and moving to the east coast - can't remember her name right now), but maybe someone can clarify - wasn't Jeana the one that sort of started the show and got the original cast together? For some reason I thought I had heard or read that... so why does Vicki act like this is "her thing", and treats all the newbies the way she does? I, for one, can only handle so much Vicki footage and am thankful for the other cast members!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AlexaIn2006;3278150;
    Did anyone get a chance to read Gretchens blog on Bravo today? Many critisize her in other areas of the show, and she explains what was going on for example, jumping the wall. The other man owns "Seven Jeans" and asked if she would wear a pair on the show. So quick to judge.....
    So quick to judge? Who is judging? We are just verbalizing HER actions. SHE is the one that lets us know that she LOVES to flirt. And then SHE is the one that lets the cameras follow her to another party and show her shaking her bootie at a bunch of men. SHE is the one that got "naked drunk" and allowed herself to talk dirty to creepy Ryan. The list goes ON with HER own actions.
    No one is judging her. Actions DO speak louder then words.

What specifically did Gretchen say to Ryan that was dirty? To me her actions are just flirtatious and ill-advised, considering the company. Tamara and Vicki are so quick so point out her "actions" and "needing to be the center of attention" Pot..meet kettle.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3278050;
    I think that one thing that is being overlooked in the relationship between Gretchen and her filthy rich, much older gentleman friend. I have learned, from other men, that guys with/without money like to buy things for their women. It shows "the world", their women, and themselves that they DO have something to offer these women, and can take care of them with toys and trinkets. Guys, however misguided some of us may think they are, are very proud of this ability. They do this stuff, and then they can strut around with their chests out among the other men. I don't think that they ever are sure that the women are with them because of love, and that is the sad part. If they didn't want to spend this kind of money, they wouldn't; so, both parties are getting something out of this relationship. He's got the eye candy that is a testament to his virility (or so he thinks), and makes him look good in front of the other guys and everybody else (so he thinks) and she's got all kinds of other fun things to occupy her time.

My thanks to the guys who opened my eyes to this kind of guy behavior, even though they will never see this 'thank you'.
    That's really good insight, prhoshay. I think how we show love, and how we feel love, is much more complex than just greed or lust. And motivations are as complex for women as they are for men. I've never loved someone for his money, but I did love someone in huge part for his carpentry skills. Seriously. On the surface it might have looked cynical ("Hey honey, look at this cute teddy. And these shutters need hanging."). But in truth, my dad could fix anything. Growing up, that became the kind of man I admired and felt safe and protected with. And that's what drew me to my ex. So when women fall in love with rich men, part of might be greed, but part it might be that they represent a kind of security that goes back to girlhood.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Closed Thread