Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;3812522;
    Who is Omar?
    He is a blogger who was on FORT quite often during the first couple of seasons and was funny!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3812496;
    Did anyone catch Gretchen's 'Turbo Tax' commercial during the show last night? I had DVRed it, and normally fast forward through the commercials, but saw part of the commercial, and watched it since I saw it was Gretchen!

Also, what does everything think about Gretchen's statment that she ended up getting zero from Jeff, after he passed away? In last night's episode, she stated Jeff had left her 2 (or 2 and 1/2) million dollars in his Will, but his Estate had a 3 million dollar "deficit." It just seems funny that she's been reluctant up until this point to confirm specifics on what she did or did not receive from Jeff. Not that she owes anyone any explanation, but I just thought it was strange that she gave a definitive statement last night.
    Yes, I did see the commercial, and with the song on iTunes, commercials, cosmetics, Gretch can take care of herself. She probably is supporting Slimesock, but if it's ok w/her it's ok w/me. I think Jeff died about a year ago, and his estate may have taken months to wind down - all that time probably Gretch was hopeful she'd get big $$$. Wonder what happened to the fitness center Jeff bought for her a season or so ago? We hear nothing about it from Bravo.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3812547;
    He is a blogger who was on FORT quite often during the first couple of seasons and was funny!
    Thanks, Coco. With these boring classless clowns no wonder he threw in the towel? I keep hoping it will get better but it is so predictable and boring.

It seems to me Vicki is using the show/Blog to promote her business, book, etc, and just riding out her time. I doubt she will be back if there is another season.

Yawn.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Who would have thought that Vicki's real name is 'Victory'? That's a first for me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Tracy888 is right, but I'd like to add this coming from myself as a mother of a 20 year old, it's hard to face the reality that when your children become teens the control and influence you have over them has decreased. My son towers over me, but I still see him as the cute little boy running around in Barney underwear. I can only pray that everything that I've taught him, advised him on, just EVERTHING sticks with him. That's all that I can really do because when I'm not around the ultimate decision, right or wrong, is up to them and I pray that he makes the correct decisions. I'm really working on letting go... no... I'm really working on not freaking out so much, but it's hard. I can really feel for Lynn in this, but as for the disrespect? Again, I quote my mother and all other mothers in my family "I brought her into the world and I can take her out!"
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I just watched my DVR of last nights show. Whoa! If I had talked that way to my Mom like Alexa did to Lynne I wouldn't be alive typing this right now! That girl needs tough love badly. Don't take her shopping, don't give her any money, and take her cell phone away. And I think Gretchen means well, but she should keep her mouth shut if it's going to make Lynne freak out like she did. It's hard raising teenagers but you survive, that's life.
    I am liking Vicki and Don's relationship this season. Good for them.
    And there is nothing wrong with hard work and Vicki was right about saving money. Those kids should listen to her instead of making fun of her.
    Did anyone notice the poll about the husbands? Alexis' husband got like 9% or something like that. The guy is such a tool, I look away from my TV whenever he comes on.

I have seen California sun dried raisins with better skin than these chicks. What skin that isn't sun dried is flash frozen like peas from Botox. The faces are not to be viewed in Hi def. Lynn's face was pulled back so far from her head she can barely move her head or face.:nono

I am the same age as these women and I look 10 years younger than they do.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

What???? Victory?

I thought it was weird that Gretchen mentioned the money that she didn't get from Jeff again. I think the interviews are done after filming so I wonder if that topic flowed but it was edited to fit different episodes and now makes her look like she talks about it a lot. It was just weird that she went into such detail.

Quote Originally Posted by raison47;3812209;
    One thing that really bothers me about Vikki is that she always makes a point of saying how expensive things are. When she gave Don his ring at their wedding she told him how many carats the ring was during the ceremony. Last night she actually counted the rows of diamonds and said she would have settled for 2 or 3 carats. It just seems wrong that she give him a ring but also wants to make sure he knows(and everyone watching) how big it was.
    I'm with you, 100%. She's tacky, tacky, tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3812711;
    What???? Victory?
    I can't find the link but there was a published interview with her, maybe a year ago, where she said that her parents didn't think they could conceive and had adopted two children before she was born. They were finally able to conceive and the result was Vicki, whom they named "Victory"
    Last edited by Bunny555; 01-30-2010 at 01:40 AM.
    CYA

Closed Thread