Closed Thread
Page 24 of 301 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by AlexaIn2006;3277802;
    I would like to see Gretchen and Donn or Jeana and Donn together. He seems like such a great guy, not to mention funny and deserves more than Vicki is capable to give.
    I am sure that Gretchen has already been sizing up the D&V relationship scoping out which one holds the purse strings.

Gretchen was NOT sweet and innocent at Tamra's party. She was drunk BEFORE it was mentioned that TB wanted to get her drunk. NO ONE tied her down and forced the shots down her. No one else got smashed and went into the bathroom with someone that was NOT their spouse/partner.

Let's remember back to the horse races, Gretchen willingly climbed the divider, in a dress, to party with the group of mostly guys next to them. Even though she was at the races with her HANDS ON brother that forgot their sisters name.

FORT Newbie

I don't have too much of a problem with Gretchen. I wouldn't recommend getting drunk as she did at the dinner party, and ultimately she is repsonsible for herself and any actions she takes. I believe in a future episode she will take responsibility for her actions. She is a bit on the flirty side and being that I am not a social butterfly, she is extremely social, but that may just be her nature. If she wants to hop a wall and party with other people then so be it. I am not going to nit-pick everything she does. Overal her attitude is great and in the right place. Everyone has their faults.

So Simon is British . . . . just can't seem to see him running in the same circles with Charles and Camilla. Would he sell them tequila? And . . . . he would have some knowledge of Ascot. I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned in the racing episode. He also would have known not to wear a hat which made him look like a pimp. Wonder what his classy British relatives think of his classless behavior, perverted stepson and his mommy.
    By the way, where were the little Barney's? Did the small girl appear at the end? Horrible parenting.
    Last edited by New Mommy; 01-14-2009 at 02:30 PM.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

[QUOTE=candor;3277782;]Me neither. We tried to be cool, but it never occurred to us to make out with our girlfriends. I mean, the only ones to benefit would be the guys ogling us. Oh ... I get it now.
    QUOTE]

To me, it looked like there was more going on than just innocent girls being girls behavior. Not to mention, that girl's face was the only one blurred out.

I had to watch twice to make sure I saw it, esp when she bends over and kisses her.

Who knows. Oh well...
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Had no idea Simon was British - still can't see why he would marry Tamra....
    Gretchen is dealing with terminal illness at a very young age. And, yes, she does like attention. But, if you are a friend to someone, you should never set up a friend like Tamra did with Gretchen. Tamra doesn't need etiquette classes; she needs to learn the golden rule - something she should have, but obviously, didn't in elementary school.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3277888;
    I am sure that Gretchen has already been sizing up the D&V relationship scoping out which one holds the purse strings.

Gretchen was NOT sweet and innocent at Tamra's party. She was drunk BEFORE it was mentioned that TB wanted to get her drunk. NO ONE tied her down and forced the shots down her. No one else got smashed and went into the bathroom with someone that was NOT their spouse/partner.

Let's remember back to the horse races, Gretchen willingly climbed the divider, in a dress, to party with the group of mostly guys next to them. Even though she was at the races with her HANDS ON brother that forgot their sisters name.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3277795;
    The whole thing with Lynn's girls and the wine seemed SO set up to me. It left me wondering if after adding Quinn last year and seeing how painfully boring she was, if they didn't scramble to add Lynn this year once Lauri left and in order to not end up with more Quinn boredom, set up storylines for her family to play out, aka The Hills. It would not surprise me in the slightest if producers didn't dream up that scenario, suggest it to them, and then have them all carry it out as if it were real. It would also explain how Bravo gets away filming and broadcasting underage drinking without any concern ... you just fill the bottles with non-alcoholic beverages for stage.
    I thought the same thing! The conversation at dinner about drinking was just too coincidental, not to mention the husband's dialogue seem acted.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

For the person who asked what hand sign Ryan made.....

Google - "The Shocker" hand sign

Beware - X-rated info

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3277967;
    For the person who asked what hand sign Ryan made.....

Google - "The Shocker" hand sign

Beware - X-rated info
    Thanks, I also missed it. Didn't Tamara refer to him as a man-whore last night? Something like that. Guess he won't get many jobs bartending at "classy" parties after this!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that one thing that is being overlooked in the relationship between Gretchen and her filthy rich, much older gentleman friend. I have learned, from other men, that guys with/without money like to buy things for their women. It shows "the world", their women, and themselves that they DO have something to offer these women, and can take care of them with toys and trinkets. Guys, however misguided some of us may think they are, are very proud of this ability. They do this stuff, and then they can strut around with their chests out among the other men. I don't think that they ever are sure that the women are with them because of love, and that is the sad part. If they didn't want to spend this kind of money, they wouldn't; so, both parties are getting something out of this relationship. He's got the eye candy that is a testament to his virility (or so he thinks), and makes him look good in front of the other guys and everybody else (so he thinks) and she's got all kinds of other fun things to occupy her time.

My thanks to the guys who opened my eyes to this kind of guy behavior, even though they will never see this 'thank you'.

Also, something else that struck me about the dinner party was how quiet Vicki was during most of it. She cannot stand not being the center of attention. I also like how Gretchen will 'talk back' to her when it's necessary. Vicki is not used to anyone challenging her and not backing down. Love It!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-14-2009 at 05:19 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Closed Thread