Closed Thread
Page 23 of 301 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Didn't anyone tell the socialite Barney couple that a "formal" dinner party, which they supposedly had, does not have shots on the menu? And you don't purposely get your guests drunk for fun.

Also, what was with the bonfire? I was hoping the gas cans would explode and that that bunch away.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by seabear;3277585;
    I am usually a lurker but I'm going to delurk for a minute.

I felt really bad for Gretchen after watching this episode. I can empathize with the way she is feeling. A few years ago my mom was diagnosed with cervical cancer and it was hard to watch her suffer. Being in the hospital was definitely stressful and draining. Now, my grandmother is in the hospital and we have no idea when she will be able to come home; if at all. It's really tough spending so much time in a hospital and I understand why Gretchen feels the way she does. If she didn't care for Jeff, or was only with him for his money, then I believe she wouldn't be around. But she really must love him to go through all the stress that is involved.

Tamra and her son are disgusting. Tamra was the one who kept pushing Gretchen to drink. I know that it wasn't entirely Tamra's fault but if she and her son didn't keep pushing drinks in front of her she wouldn't have gotten as wasted. Ryan totally took advantage of Gretchen's state. She told him in the bathroom that she couldn't do anything with him but he kept persisting. Ugh. I really hope nothing more than kissing happened between them.

I liked how Jeana was sneaking drinks away from Gretchen. It was a bit comical. Jeana is the only one with any sense.
    Yes, it is sad and depressing to have a friend or loved one sick in the hospital I know this first hand also. I would never compare Gretchen's feelings to Jeff with a life long relationship as with a mother,grandmother or sister (like my situation). I'm sure that ,at first, she had hopes of him surviving. Then it hit a point where she wanted to leave but knew what everyone would think. She definitely cares about what people think! Is she pretty? Yes! Sexy? Yes! Mother Teresa? Uh....NOPE! I don't blame her entirely, Jeff knew what was up (he wasn't an idiot) and he didn't care! In that sense I wouldn't consider her a total golddigger. Maybe I'm wrong but I think of a golddigger as someone who leads the other person on. I think that Jeff's eyes were wide open.
    Jeana was funny and has gotten to be the only one of these women that I respect anymore. I think that she could of done a little more. The new housewife seemed pretty concerned about the situation too. She tried running a little interference but the other women just shut her down.

Jeana and Lynn were acting like mothers, sisters, and concerned friends. I believe that they were thinking, "This could be my daughter." The men were horrid and not behaving like gentlemen. What Tamra forgets is that she has daughters and what goes around, comes around.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Found it interesting that Lynne and her husband are in total denial about their daughters even possibly responsible for the missing wine(?) in their home. "Oh they would NEVER do that. Not OUR girls." Maybe they think the wine fairies did a drive-by and picked it up?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3277660;
    And, by the way, I even went to an all-girl school, and I never got into that girl-kissing-girl, girl-holding hands-with girl crap. Just NO, nor did I see any of it.
    Me neither. We tried to be cool, but it never occurred to us to make out with our girlfriends. I mean, the only ones to benefit would be the guys ogling us. Oh ... I get it now.

Anyway, I agree with everyone on the crassness on display at Tamra's dinner party. At what kind of formal affair does the host serve shots and tries to get a guest so drunk that she humiliates herself? Tamra can take all the etiquette classes in the world, but she'll never have class.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3277708;
    Found it interesting that Lynne and her husband are in total denial about their daughters even possibly responsible for the missing wine(?) in their home. "Oh they would NEVER do that. Not OUR girls." Maybe they think the wine fairies did a drive-by and picked it up?
    The whole thing with Lynn's girls and the wine seemed SO set up to me. It left me wondering if after adding Quinn last year and seeing how painfully boring she was, if they didn't scramble to add Lynn this year once Lauri left and in order to not end up with more Quinn boredom, set up storylines for her family to play out, aka The Hills. It would not surprise me in the slightest if producers didn't dream up that scenario, suggest it to them, and then have them all carry it out as if it were real. It would also explain how Bravo gets away filming and broadcasting underage drinking without any concern ... you just fill the bottles with non-alcoholic beverages for stage.

FORT Newbie

Tamra has shown her true colors and I often wonder what kind of backlash she is getting in her daily life now that the world knows she is two faced, jealous, has a strange relationship with her son, and lacks any type of intelligence or class?

Her son, Ryan, also strikes me as some type of predator. He had an add look in his eyes while staring at Gretchen and he was giving those creepy looks while everyone else was around. The way he had his hands on her made me sick to my stomach. I wouldn't be surprised if he forced himself in the bathroom with Gretchen and stood in front of the door. We will see next week what happens with that.

I would like to see Gretchen and Donn or Jeana and Donn together. He seems like such a great guy, not to mention funny and deserves more than Vicki is capable to give.

I like Frank and Lynn and I don't mind them being on the show. My only problem with that family is the lack of parenting or denial on the parents part to the children. It seems easier to turn their head to the behavior their daughters are exhibiting and the mother clearly wants to be a friend, not a mother. That is doing great damage to the children. Raquel is not mature, far from it. Maturity comes with age and I am concerned about her drinking and Bravo showing so much of the drinking. I think it is too far to reign them in at this point. Frank and Lynn would be a couple that I would enjoy talking to and I would gravitate towards them at a party.

Vicki never bothered me much in the past, she was loud, but that was her thing. She seemed more happy but this year there must be some underlying issues going on because she drinks less and is more miserable. Instead of having fun at the dinner party, her focus was on Gretchen and what Tamra was whispering about Gretchen.

Tamra deserves everything that comes her way for her behavior at the dinner party. She recruited her son and possibly Simon and Vicki to try to bring Gretchen down so she could relish in her faults/failure/pain - whatever you want to call it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3277795;
    The whole thing with Lynn's girls and the wine seemed SO set up to me. It left me wondering if after adding Quinn last year and seeing how painfully boring she was, if they didn't scramble to add Lynn this year once Lauri left and in order to not end up with more Quinn boredom, set up storylines for her family to play out, aka The Hills. It would not surprise me in the slightest if producers didn't dream up that scenario, suggest it to them, and then have them all carry it out as if it were real. It would also explain how Bravo gets away filming and broadcasting underage drinking without any concern ... you just fill the bottles with non-alcoholic beverages for stage.
    That makes sense, Veruka. I did get the feeling that Lynn and hubby were being facetious when they did the "Not OUR girls" routine since they had mentioned in another episode that they had had problems with their oldest taking money from their wallets.
    But IF the missing money is true then why would they allow a fake drinking scene? Unless they go on to do a "Tuff Love" scene it sends mixed messages.

FORT Fanatic

This may be the most disgusting Housewives show yet. I didn't turn the channel because I didn't believe what I was seeing (although I did start reading a book to distract myself).

Ryan gives me the creeps. Tamra needs coaching in basic human skill which are a lot more important than knowing what fork to use. Egging someone on to get drunk is pathetic and shows you how insecure she is.

I agree with another poster's statement that if someone gets drunk at your house and is then in an accident, TAMRA could be held responsible. It would serve her right. The series could dump Tamra, and that would be a relief. I'm going to contact Bravo and express my disappointment at this show last night.

FORT Fanatic

This is truly one of the worst displays of humanity! These are horrible horrible people. Vicky is so desperate and needy. In every episode she talks about how Don doesn't love her like she wants, her children don't, her mother anyone in her general vicinity. She wants to control everyone and every thing around her including the way people love her. Tamara's jelousy of someone possibly prettier than her physically is just pathetic to watch. Gretchen is an attention hound and yes possibly a gold digger come on! I am sure her fiance' knows though but she is a pretty girl and wants the stuff. But she also wants all the attention all the time.
    All those women need to learn that long over processed hair does not spell "younger looking" it is gross to look at them. Lynn seems nice but horribly naive' to her children's behavior and to what is appropriate for them at that age. She is also naive' to what is appropriate to wear at her age. I think she and her husband are in for a world of hurt with their daughters they have such an entitled attitude and with their parents lack of discipline someone is going to wind up pregnant, hurt or dead.

I am sure much of it is contrived and over the top for tv but it is an awful display. Tamara's son is creepy creepy and I am sure his mother put him up to coming on to her.

What a sad sad show.

Closed Thread