Closed Thread
Page 22 of 301 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

What kind of teens does Lynn have? I keep liquor in the house and my kids don't touch the stuff. The same Jack Daniels has been sitting in the cupboard for 6 years now.

My opinion of Simon went waaayy down this episode. He was almost as bad as Tamara. Really rude to Gretchen during the dinner party.

tvaholic-I have been in Gretchen's situation and can tell you that it is very hard to deal with. We are only shown what Bravo wants us to see.
    Last edited by livin4reality; 01-14-2009 at 07:35 AM.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

ok. question: What was the gesture Ryan made to Gretchen? I rewatched it and didn't see anything.

also the chef looked really familiar. Maybe a guy from Top Chef?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3277516;
    also the chef looked really familiar. Maybe a guy from Top Chef?
    Yes, Brian Malarkey came in 4th place on Season 3 of Top Chef (after Hung, Dale and Casey). He also appeared on a commercial during last week's Top Chef episode... he and Stephanie (the Season 4 winner) were talking about "Mama Malarkey's Macaroons" or something like that.

Did anyone else notice how "un" impressive the setting was for the dinner? That table setting was so boring, there were no colors anywhere. I am not sure if it was the camera angle but there was nothing impressive about the decor at all. She said the theme was "floral" but I didn't even see any flowers on the table. They should have stayed indoors, their house looks nicer inside. For all that delicious food that Brian made, it went to waste with that crowd.
    Also, didn't Tamra mention that Simon was British? I never noticed an accent when Simon spoke, he sort of mumbles when he speaks.
    Lynne's daughter needs a reality check. What a spoiled and immature BRAT!!!! She is of the impression that mom and dad will support her lifestyle through her years but she is in for a rude awakening in this economy. I wonder what she thinks is so cute about bowling drunk. What a loser! Her dad is a builder but I doubt he has much to build these days. I think her lil sis has a chance but hopefully she will not follow in her big sis footsteps.

I hope Lynne watched last nights show and saw how immature and irresponsible her daughter is. Then I hope she takes her car keys away so the kid can't go drunk driving and kill someone.
    Tamra really wasted whatever money she spent on those etiquette classes because that dinner party she had was not classy with everyone drinking massive amounts of tequila and other stuff. And Gretchen! It was 'to be continued' so I wonder what happens between her and Ryan.

LG.

Tamra came off as incredibly jealous and catty the way she was trying to "set up" Gretchen during her party where Gretchen was an invited guest. Nice manners.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I am usually a lurker but I'm going to delurk for a minute.

I felt really bad for Gretchen after watching this episode. I can empathize with the way she is feeling. A few years ago my mom was diagnosed with cervical cancer and it was hard to watch her suffer. Being in the hospital was definitely stressful and draining. Now, my grandmother is in the hospital and we have no idea when she will be able to come home; if at all. It's really tough spending so much time in a hospital and I understand why Gretchen feels the way she does. If she didn't care for Jeff, or was only with him for his money, then I believe she wouldn't be around. But she really must love him to go through all the stress that is involved.

Tamra and her son are disgusting. Tamra was the one who kept pushing Gretchen to drink. I know that it wasn't entirely Tamra's fault but if she and her son didn't keep pushing drinks in front of her she wouldn't have gotten as wasted. Ryan totally took advantage of Gretchen's state. She told him in the bathroom that she couldn't do anything with him but he kept persisting. Ugh. I really hope nothing more than kissing happened between them.

I liked how Jeana was sneaking drinks away from Gretchen. It was a bit comical. Jeana is the only one with any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;3277333;
    I agree... someone needs to tell the Barney's that just because you take a few etiquette classes and learn the names of all the forks doesn't mean you have etiquette and manners.
    Well Said!!! The end was a sharp contrast to the class and the teacher. The Barney's behaved like they live in a trailer park. Tamra's constant comments behind people's backs were NOT amusing. Doesn't she realize that if someone would leave her home in that state, and they are in an accident, she would be responsible? The whole subject of alcohol in this episode really bothered me. Bravo is glorifying drunkenness. I plan to write to them about this.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I totally agree with you, seabear. ( , by the way) Gretchen is under tremendous pressure and I think she is doing the best she can, for someone under her circumstances. I'm not surprised at her getting so "schnockered" at the dinner party. She is young, and really wants to be in this social circle, but they are not up to any good where she is concerned. Jeanna and Lynne are the only two that may have some redeeming qualities in the character department, where Gretchen is concerned. Gretchen should trust her instincts in what her radar is telling her about these vicious, fake women, and move on. Actually, I think Gretchen has enough "street" in her to knock the crap out of somebody, so I'd be careful about pushing her too far.

Ryan strikes me as somebody who could be a sexual predator; look out for the vile guy pushing drinks on a woman; I think those types are the kind who wouldn't mind lacing your drink and taking advantage of you. He is a most unlikable person and of low character, like the person who raised him.

And, by the way, I even went to an all-girl school, and I never got into that girl-kissing-girl, girl-holding hands-with girl crap. Just NO, nor did I see any of it.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-14-2009 at 11:55 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This was a hard episode to watch - and I couldn't turn away. I watched it twice because I couldn't believe the vile, mean and evil behavior by Tamra. Talk about hitting someone when they are down. Although Gretchen is ultimately responsible for her own behavior, she is vulnerable emotionally and to exploit that vulnerability is reprehensible. Tamra's jealousy is so very evident in every aspect of her behavior the past few episodes. Girlfriend is threatened by Gretchen and her ability to laugh and become a part of whatever situation she is in, that she will resort to any means to knock her down.

Simon is quite the businessman venturing into designer tequila. What ever happened to Simon's yacht venture?

Closed Thread