Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Icky doesn't deserve pity at all. When her "friends" said "yup we want to go, but we're bringing our men", that should have told Icky all she needed to know. When it became clear that her plan wasn't popular, she should have cancelled her flight and let them go to Florida & do whatever.

Ya know, Icky isn't exactly really a friend to anyone in that group; her expectations therefore should be low. The hag deserves everything she gets.

And... all that screaming in the Everglades. What a bunch of lowlife twits- I've been out there many times; it's fascinating, and quiet is the order of the day. They proved once again how little they know about the world.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3771882;
    Once again there's so much to be disgusted and confused about (from the viewer's - and Lynne's - point of view) but I'll pick this one: anybody notice the closeups of Vicki from her right side that there is a scar on her neck? I'm no expert on facelift scars but that weren't no injury scar. Just sayin' . . .

I did notice that. hummmmm

I also wonder who hosted the trip? (as in PAID for it) Bravo? Vicky? or were they all on their own dime? If Vicky had paid for it (which I doubt) she has a right to be fuming about the husbands crashing.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3771882;
    .... anybody notice the closeups of Vicki from her right side that there is a scar on her neck? I'm no expert on facelift scars but that weren't no injury scar. Just sayin' . . .
    Yes. And most of the RH women have horrible skin, bumpy and clumpy, even gorgeous-woman Gawretch. But Icky's is one of the worst. It's one of the things surgery cannot fix, dermabrasion can help, but they're pretty much stuck with bad skin.
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

All those bumps are probably from all of those botox injections. Don't junkies have track marks on their arms so it would only stand to reason numerous botox injections would leave marks like that as well.

OMG Frug don't want his wife's butt shown to TV but he is perfectly fine with her boob practically falling out of her top. It is also very Christian to be drinking shot after shot on TV but whatever. Why would they mind leaving their kids behind to go on vacation. It was only their sperm & eggs so there isn't any REAL connection.

Simon doesn't likehow Vicky tries to control Tamarra but doesn't he do the exact same thing. He doesn't ant her working to payy the bills yet he seems perfectly content to sit around the house all day not earning a penny himself. HELLOOO Simon your house is in foreclosure GET A JOB & not go to Florida. He doesn't want her to be friends with Vicky anymore; isn't that control?

So Jo isn't exactly thrilled with the Slade/Gretch thing afterall. Hmmmm, still think he's gay.

Vicky screaming with those headsets on is now the leading cause of deafness in helicopter pilots. I understand why she was hurt though about the vacation. Well Vicky I doubt Jenna would have brought Matt along.

Lynne...oh lordy, lordy, lordy. Now we get to see Lynee really stoned. She actually thought 'shrooms were legal in Florida????

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3771886;
    Icky doesn't deserve pity at all. When her "friends" said "yup we want to go, but we're bringing our men", that should have told Icky all she needed to know. When it became clear that her plan wasn't popular, she should have cancelled her flight and let them go to Florida & do whatever.
    I dunno, I actually felt a bit sorry for Icky this eppy. (I'll do a proper recap this weekend when I'm snow bound.) I've been there as the fifth wheel and the hanger-on and it's not at all pleasant. I guess I felt sad for Icky being alone with nobody on her side. I think we've all been there, and I perfectly understood (if not agreed with) her decision not to go on the sunset cruise. I do think she was better off not being on a boat with two people who seem to really have it in for her (sexy handsome Slade and Simon Says) and one Frug.

I do think it's a little odd that she's so desperate for TamRAA's friendship, yet goes on about how 'independent' she is but I did see a bit of a sad lonely little girl side of Ickie that I'd not seen before.

And... all that screaming in the Everglades. What a bunch of lowlife twits- I've been out there many times; it's fascinating, and quiet is the order of the day. They proved once again how little they know about the world.
    I was horrified at that too. One of the most interesting, unique and important natural environments in the country and they treated it like a theme park for their amusement. So much they could have learnt, and told people, about conservation of this treasure and habitat, about the Florida panther which is very nearly extinct, or the myriad other species that use the hummocks, pinelands, or mangrove as nurseries. But instead they concentrated on a pig's testicles. Strange girls.

Again, I'll be all cynical and snarky in a moment or day or two, but I was glad to see TamRAA and Gretch trying to get along. Their squabble was getting too personal (and repetitive) for me.

Did anyone notice in Icky's blog on Bravo's site she says that she's scared that sexy handsome Slade (who seems more gorgeous and empty-headed than ever) will be a bad thing for Gretch as she's recovering from Jeff's death. Now I thought that Icky was saying that that relationship was all fake just a week/show/season ago??? Now she's all solicitous of poor grieving Gretch and worred about her taking up with sexy handsome Slade?

Oh, and people got it a bit wrong - JoJo didn't dump Slade, Slade got rid of her, on national TV, after she moved out and away and built herself another life with her 'singing career' and nights on the town. So maybe Gretch was right, sexy handsome Slade was merely Jo's back-up sock puppet. Kinda makes you wonder who's the user....

[QUOTE=AngloAm;3771934;

Oh, and people got it a bit wrong - JoJo didn't dump Slade, Slade got rid of her, on national TV, after she moved out and away and built herself another life with her 'singing career' and nights on the town. So maybe Gretch was right, sexy handsome Slade was merely Jo's back-up sock puppet. Kinda makes you wonder who's the user....[/QUOTE]

Yea...on a COUCH! *LOL* One of the best reality tv moments EVER!

FORT Fanatic

I'm very proud that when they first mentioned Jo, I thought it was some guy named Joe and was trying to figure out what they were talking about. I was very careful NEVER to watch some series she was on for a while (I think).

As to what free things were on the trip, anytime they slowly pan the camera and show the name, I'm sure it's either free or the cost is greatly reduced. I'm thinking of the W Hotel on the doors and the way the check-in desk said welcome and said the name of the hotel.

Lots of air time showing the name of the swamp tour and also the name of the ship. Plug, plug, plug.

I was feeling sorry for Vicky too and so I reasoned myself out of it. I'm sure that this was ALL a huge setup by BRAVO. I'm sure that BRAVO paid for it all so it wasn't really her trip. Vicky could have invited her husband (and Lynn's) once that she knew the men were going. If this were the real world and something like this happened then I could understand the upset. You plan a girls only weekend and they want to bring their men you either change plans or say forget it. It's really THAT simple! Did Vicky really want to spend a weekend with these women? She doesn't like Gretchen. She didn't get off to a great start with Lynne so I assume that she's not so crazy about her either. She doesn't have anything nice to say about the new wife. I don't believe for a moment that her and Tamara would be hanging out if it weren't for the show. NONE of them would even be friends if it weren't for the show. The tears seemed real but maybe they were more for herself being the ugly fat woman in the group. Fake or not all of the others have the whole sexy thing going on. Vicky looks (and acts) like an old den mother. She REALLY, REALLY, REALLY needs to rethink wearing shorts in public. NOT a good look on her. The screaming in the helicopter and the everglades was just too much. I guess that she feels the need to make that god awful noise because it's her trademark, right. UGH! She's awful.
    I have to mention the way that Lynne was ignored on the boat. Was it all done in the editing? One minute they are complementing her on going along, without a husband, then they're all making out with her sitting alone (with the camera men). Why does Lynne keep getting the short end of the stick. They walked all over her at her cuff party. Had to stay at a visitor's center in the everglades with ice packs and now is the 7th wheel on a LOVE boat! Why on earth did she go on that trip? I don't know if it's BRAVO or a mean girls thing.

I cannot believe I have to "side" with Vicki ... but she made it totally clear it was women only from the start. The men fell into a huge ego trip, "she can't tell ME what I can do ... etc." and they all decided to go. Then Slade "I'll do anything for tv time" Slimey planned a surprise show up at the hotel.

It really stinks being "the lone female" in a group. Lynne, bless her heart, was so highly medicated she didn't know what the heck was going on most of the time. I bet Vicki was missing Jeanna, who never had a problem taking a trip without Matt.

Tamra really showed her colors when Vicki was the topic of conversation in the couples group.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Seems Lynne's storyline has her being walked on a lot, and maybe when Bravo gave her that role, she wanted the job really bad & went along with it. She's a bit dim so she fits the dummy role nicely. And face it, those three couples are as clueless as they are egocentric - their nonexistent social skills allowed them to ignore her on their little love boat. Blech, when I think of Frug- how can the rack climb into bed with that side of beef?
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Closed Thread