Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Ooooooo I can't wait to watch it on my DVR.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3766767;
    Very coyly "a wealthy father of three...." - no names! (That's why I think she was so startled when asked if a surrogate has given birth to the three children. "Oh, not a surrogate, their mother had them...erm...that is...um...it was um...me.")
    In the article momrek06 provided, it stated Alexis' divorce was finalized June 2004, and the alleged affair with "a wealthy father of three" took place prior. Alexis' daughters (that she took for manis & pedis!) are just 2 years old, I think.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3766770;
    Lynne and baby girl, what can I say, the surgery had to be gratis, as they showed his clinic and name enough!
    On 'Watch What Happens Live,' Lynn mentioned that she did receive a "professsional discount."

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3766441;
    I like Donn, but he was stirring the pot a bit when he told Vicki that Simon said Donn & Vicki's relationship "wasn't normal." I re-watched the exchange at the golf outing, and Simon said D & V's relationship was "diffferent." Some could argue it's just semantics, but I don't think so. I can't remember if they've shown Simon talking badly about Donn & Vicki in the past, and perhaps that's the reason for Donn's perception. I think I remember seeing a preview that shows Simon bad mouthing Vicki, but not for sure. Unless Donn was feeling really protective of Vicki, I don't know why he would be annoyed with Simon. Have I forgotten something?
    I got the impression that Donn was repeating part of the clubhouse guy talk that was not aired. And also seems like Donn, in his newfound loving relationship with Icky, is protective of their new "loving" relationship. Wish I could remember Simon's comments about Icky, but seems to me he never liked her- probably jealous of her earning power. I detest Icky, but Donn seems a tad more normal than the weak & possessive Frug 'n Simon duo. If I hear the Rack or Frug brag about their christ again, I think I'll puke. What fakirs. And I don't mean fakers, because they seem to think there's some magic when they tell how closely they cleave to their god.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Regular

More Comic Relief:

‘Real Housewives’ Watchalong: Nice to a fault - Pedro and the Watcher : The Orange County Register

Even better than watching the episodes themselves...just an exerpt:

"Alexis and Gretchen meet for lunch at some advertiser’s restaurant.

Supermom Alexis orders up a martini and then launches into a spiel about how she and Jim live their lives according to biblical principles. As I recall my reading of the New Testament, it is full of beauty tips and martini recipes.

Their Christian viewpoint is what prohibits Alexis from traveling alone, so that the devil does not tag along in the form of temptation.

In a confessional, Gretchen points out that Alexis is wearing a low-cut dress that shows off her surgically enhanced breasts for all to see and wonders if that isn’t hypocritical. The Watcher finds himself in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with Gretchen."
    Last edited by socalgal; 12-11-2009 at 11:29 PM.

So many fun things to pick apart, so little time . . .

Simon & Tamra: It's not ok for her to work if it may may interfere with raising the kids . . . but it's ok for BOTH of them to get away to Florida for several days, particularly when he's not invited . . .???

New couple: I wanna puke.

Re: Uninvited husbands traveling with blond, over-botoxed, over-siliconed and phenomenally mean & delusional wives: I highly doubt they're looking for togetherness. It's a matter of trust, and methinks if any husband doesn't trust his wife (or vice versa) it's because he wouldn't be trustworthy himself in the same situation. Just sayin' . . .

The kid's new nose: I was SHOCKED when she did the talking-head and it was AFTER the surgery. I swear there was absolutely nothing different about that nose, and if she's saying she still has a bump, well . . . sorry, can't type and giggle uncontrollably at the same time.
    Last edited by rebotco; 12-12-2009 at 12:33 AM. Reason: I forgot to mention the child's nosejob!

I saw Lynn on Andys' after show and have to admit she looks good. She said she did indeed get a discount but that she is still making payments.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3766905;
    So many fun things to pick apart, so little time . . .

Simon & Tamra: It's not ok for her to work if it may may interfere with raising the kids . . . but it's ok for BOTH of them to get away to Florida for several days, particularly when he's not invited . . .???

New couple: I wanna puke.

Re: Uninvited husbands traveling with blond, over-botoxed, over-siliconed and phenomenally mean & delusional wives: I highly doubt they're looking for togetherness. It's a matter of trust, and methinks if any husband doesn't trust his wife (or vice versa) it's because he wouldn't be trustworthy himself in the same situation. Just sayin' . . .

The kid's new nose: I was SHOCKED when she did the talking-head and it was AFTER the surgery. I swear there was absolutely nothing different about that nose, and if she's saying she still has a bump, well . . . sorry, can't type and giggle uncontrollably at the same time.
    NO KIDDING! Her nose wasn't changed AT ALL! Maybe it looks different now but I doubt it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3766905;
    I was thinking it didn't look much different, too, but I think there were probably subtle differences. Also, I think it takes up to a year for all of the swelling to disappear. My sis had her nose done, and it took almost a year before she could see what her new nose really looked like. When Lynn's daughter mentioned there was "still a bump," I think plastic surgeons now try to make their "reconstructions" more natural looking, and try to keep their clients looking like themselves, only a "better" version. I remember reading awhile back about Sarah Jessica Parker and Cher, who both had nose jobs. They both elected to keep the natural shape of their nose, and just had the surgeon make the nose smaller.

Before Lynn's daughter went into surgery, I really looked at her, and thought it was too bad she felt she needed surgery, as I think she was a pretty girl to begin with.
    Last edited by daiseyo; 12-12-2009 at 04:58 PM. Reason: added comment about swelling.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I can't BELIEVE they let their daughter get surgery. She was an attractive girl the way she was. Way to make your kid feel like you have to be "perfect" to be beautiful. What a shame.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Closed Thread