Closed Thread
Page 20 of 301 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I just watched the episode with Lynne (her daughter's birthday) and WOW, I was seriously disturbed by her 15 year old being raised to want to look like a damn hooker! When I was 15 my mom wouldn't let me wear makeup, let alone a hoochie mama get-up! That whole family seems fake fake fake, and not like the materialistic kind of fake, but like posers. So far I only like Jeanna and Gretchen. Vicki and Tamra just look ridiculous and they will be so embarrassed when they watch this by how jealous they are! Of course why wouldn't Tamra be jealous, her skin is all oily and botoxed and her hair is fried, while Gretchen has nicely powdered fresh skin, classy makeup, and her hair is GORGEOUS, I'm so jealous, haha, I bet she pays a fortune to maintain her hair, it's really beautiful. The previews of the show made me think I wouldn't like Gretchen but she is on the top of my list right now because she isn't two-faced and pathetic like the others (besides Jeanna). Vicki used to be kind of funny, now she's just sad, very sad. Mostly I'm just disgusted by Tamra, girl needs some self-esteem. I don't think I'm gonna stay up for the new episode tonight, but I'll catch it tomorrow. Look forward to it! woohoo!

OMG...this dinner party will give this board a week of snark! It's full of one-liners. Ryan is helping his mother out by bartending. That's how he gets into the party.

Quote Originally Posted by MissNomer;3277190;
    Vicki is SO needy. Watch when she hangs on her mother (while visiting in Chicago) and Vicki tells her mother, "I love you" and her mother says, "Thank you". Vicki gets on an "I need to hear it" tangent...that ends with her mother telling her, "I love you". And what does Vicki say after that? "Thank you" - of course! ugh.
    I had missed this. She was so pathetic with her family. Her mom obviously puts up with her, but Vicky wants the "i luv u " phoniness which is all she can give. Love comes in so many ways from the people who REALLY love you. Someone, I think her mom, said, "Don't want so much." This is so true.
    She wants and wants and wants and will die of a heart attack still wanting.
    I also saw the last part and won't comment yet until everyone sees it. I will say, this was a new low.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3277237;
    I had missed this. She was so pathetic with her family. Her mom obviously puts up with her, but Vicky wants the "i luv u " phoniness which is all she can give. Love comes in so many ways from the people who REALLY love you. Someone, I think her mom, said, "Don't want so much." This is so true.
    She wants and wants and wants and will die of a heart attack still wanting.
    I also saw the last part and won't comment yet until everyone sees it. I will say, this was a new low.
    The LOWEST I've ever seen. Speechless.

FORT Fogey
    WOW! OH! WOW! I cannot believe how Gretchen acted when she gets a few down her. I don't doubt that she loves Jeff and his situation. I just don't think that she truly is IN LOVE with HIM. I think if he were sick with a long term, crippling, NON life threatening illness she would not be sticking around. She likes the look too much.

I DO think that Tamera is insecure. I do appreciate that she takes an etiquette class. That is a sign of maturity. I did feel sorry for her when she was trying to plan her party, voiced her ideas and Simon shot them down and went with his own. How is she to learn to plan a party if she is not allowed to expand her own ideas?

There IS something about Lynn's family that is just NOT right. "Posers" is a good description.

Under age drinking is against the law. I HATE that Bravo is glorifying it AND they WILL be hearing from me about it.

Did anyone notice the difference in Vickys skin in the flashback from two seasons ago? I think she is hormonal due to menopause. I also think she is in her 50's and NOT her late 40's.

I like Jeanna. She is just kicking back. I think I would enjoy hanging with her.
    Last edited by PugMum; 01-13-2009 at 11:34 PM.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Jeana is great. She actually acts her AGE! Imagine that!

Gretchen was a hoot, I got a kick outta her. Until the end when she was just totally wasted. But I did feel bad for her. Even though, yes....she didn't need much help getting drunk....she definitely was willing. And Ryan is gross. He was constantly at her side....feeling on her. And going to the bathroom with her....wth? Gross. He really isn't very good looking imo, either.

Lynne was very sweet to Gretchen during all of that....just making sure she was ok and all. At least she had someone looking out for her.

I just seriously can't get over how immature and annoying Tamra (and Vicki) is. Who would pretty much want to hook their son up like that. That was really bad taste. Talk about bad etiquette!!!

I never really liked Tamra and always thought her eldest offspring has a snake-like quality about him. Tonight's episode pretty much confirms what a douchebag Ryan really is... (the part I found appalling was a hand gesture he did while sitting nest to Gretchen) the apple does not fall far from the tree. As for Gretchen... I don't understand how/why she would allow herself to be "influeneced" by someone she says she doesn't trust and is so two-faced.
    I think it's funny that Vicki has to tell her mother AND her daughter "tell me you love me!"

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3277254;

I DO think that Tamera is insecure. I do appreciate that she takes an etiquette class. That is a sign of maturity. I did feel sorry for her when she was trying to plan her party, voiced her ideas and Simon shot them down and went with his own. How is she to learn to plan a party if she is not allowed to expand her own ideas?

There IS something about Lynn's family that is just NOT right.
    Tamra really should have asked that etiquette teacher what the rules are for inviting someone to your home
    Click to see Spoiler:
    in order to get them "naked drunk" and sic your creepy son on them.

There is something about the Barney family that is beyond WRONG!
    CYA

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;3277294;
    I never really liked Tamra and always thought her eldest offspring has a snake-like quality about him. Tonight's episode pretty much confirms what a douchebag Ryan really is... (the part I found appalling was a hand gesture he did while sitting nest to Gretchen) the apple does not fall far from the tree. As for Gretchen... I don't understand how/why she would allow herself to be "influeneced" by someone she says she doesn't trust and is so two-faced.
    I think it's funny that Vicki has to tell her mother AND her daughter "tell me you love me!"
    Maybe the ole "Birds of a feather flock together" rings true in her case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3277299;
    Tamra really should have asked that etiquette teacher what the rules are for inviting someone to your home
    Click to see Spoiler:
    in order to get them "naked drunk" and sic your creepy son on them.

There is something about the Barney family that is beyond WRONG!
    I agree... someone needs to tell the Barney's that just because you take a few etiquette classes and learn the names of all the forks doesn't mean you have etiquette and manners.

Closed Thread