Closed Thread
Page 2 of 301 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3262402;
    Am I the only one who is dreaming of the season of this show that opens up to reveal that Donn has left Vickie and hooked up with Jeanna? I think that Donn and Jeanna would be such a fantastic couple.
    I keep expecting that, too! She totally flirts with him and he's got the machismo she seems to like. But I also think she looks down a bit on their boozy Havasu friends. I wonder if she met the friend with the ginormous boobs that spilled out of all sides of that bikini.

Moving on (I'm so glad this forum is back!)

* I didn't realize until this season that Vicki, Tamra and friends are kind of immature. Beer bongs? Seriously? I hung out with people like that ... in college. Unless you're a serious alkie, there's an age at which alcohol stops becoming the focus of your parties and is just stuff you drink.

* Gretchen is my new fave. I think she's authentic and gutsy. I don't think she'd have given Jeff a second glance if he weren't rich, but there's no denying that she loves him now.

* The new housewife looks a bit like a tranny (no offense to trannies) and her pouty spray-tanned daughters need to be on "Exiled."

* I feel sorry for Lauri. Despite the savaging she got on various forums, she's sincere and the most likeable of all of them. Yeah, I said it.

* Vicki seems to have become even more obnoxious this season. It's like she creating a TV Vicki who is more amped up, exaggerated and unreasonable than the real one. The one moment of authenticity: her reaction to Brianna's pain over her father's neglect. That was the only time I thought she might be a tolerable mother.

* Kara was always like a Greek chorus, pointing out the silliness of some of those Orange County values. But she must have been freaked venturing outside her comfort zone (Berkeley has liberals and "stinky hippies"!), because she seems more entrenched in OC culture than before. I hope she doesn't get white fingernails and a sky top.

* Simon seems to have softened this season. He's not so stern, or maybe he's just playing that for TV. BTW, how do they live when neither is earning an income?

* Jeana's right: Tamra is a s*** strirrer. You don't go to one friend and tell her the other was talking smack about her ... and then complain that you're caught in the middle.

* Jeana bringing George to that party was a little passive-aggressive, which after her argument with Vicki earlier reminded me of her joke, "I don't get mad, I get even."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fan

The one thing that annoys me about the new housewife more than anything else is how she sits, especially during the interviews. I've never seen anyone with such bad posture. My OCD kicking in, along with years of riding lessons when I was young with my instructer screaming at me to sit up.

I think the reason Simon seems softer is because his stepson is no longer in the house. And personally, I never thought he was overly strict anyway. Kid needed to learn to grow up and take care of himself, and Simon was waaay more tolerant than I would have been. I thought it was ridiculously generous of him to offer to pay for at least part of the rent for so long.

I was surprised by the scene between Tamra and Ryan about his almost becoming a father. The way the promos built it up, I thought it would be the usual anticlimax, where maybe Ryan tells her he doesn't ever want to be a father or something. That was a strange scene that came out of left field.

Lynne bugs me as much as Quinn used to, but for different reasons. Her story is boring, and she's kind of clueless. Oh wait, maybe it's for the same reasons after all...

Really didn't need to see Jo's low-rent music video. After her criminally bad spinoff show, I kind of hoped we'd heard the last from her.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Thanks mods for giving us all another chance. I have missed talking about the OC ladies with everyone. Promise we'll be good!

Vicki-How very embaressing for Donn to hear his wife say on tv-he doesn't fill my love tank up..or whatever it was she said. She is really gotten worse and it seems to me that she and Tamra are two peas in a pod and feed off of each others nuttiness.

Gretchen-I don't judge her at all for taking time off from the ICU. FIrst and foremost we have to take care of ourselves before we can be any good to our loved ones. How dare Tamra presume to judge and be self-rightous about it.

Jeana-I wish the best for her. Sure it was a bit PA to bring George but I give her props for standing up to Vicki during their disagreement about Vicki's ex. We don't know the full story behind that but it takes a strong personality to stand up to Vicki.

Where do they find these people in OC? What is in the water there? The new housewife is another shallow idiot who is more worried about being young and friends with her daughters than doing right by them and being a parent.

Forgot about the Jo and Slade segment. I laughed the whole time they were onscreen.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has Vicki's skin always been as bad as it looks this season? She needs regular, standing appointments with the dermatologist, which she can easily afford. I'm surprised that her vanity has not led her down this path yet. She's looking pretty rough.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I noticed that too. Maybe a chemical peel that scarred?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

Thank you SO MUCH for letting us discuss the WEEKLY SHOW!!!

So much to say so little time right now. Where to start.

Jeanna wasn't wrong to bring Frankie to the the river. Jeanna knew that Vickie would be using either her or Donn to lean on , biotch to and blame like she always does when she drinks too much. Having Frankie there gives Jeanna an out.

Gretchen=gold digger. They never married for a reason. She said that she didn't really love him when he asked her to marry him but she took the ring anyway.
    It now makes sense as to how she was cast from knowing Slade and jo through the RE industry.

Vicki will be a lonely old lady, soon.

Tamera looks better and more relaxed. I thought she said that Simon was working from home now in his own business. Maybe they are both doing a type of business that they don't need to use this show to promote it. That would be NICE!!

Lynne- based on the lack of home furnishings she has I'd say she is FAKE!

Laurie needs some time to travel and be with her family. I hope she does come back towards seasons end to tell us is she was able to take Charles Bransons plane some place! Or maybe it was Richard Bronsons plane.

IF Jeanna and Donn end up together it will be because Vicki wished it and then pushed them together.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3262579;
    Has Vicki's skin always been as bad as it looks this season? She needs regular, standing appointments with the dermatologist, which she can easily afford. I'm surprised that her vanity has not led her down this path yet. She's looking pretty rough.
    Well she did say that the reason she was turned down for giving blood was her using acutane, which could explain A LOT about her.

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!! (sorry Vicki for stealing your saying) I just noticed the new thread!
    Thank you mods!!!!

Lynn's house looks rented. There is nothing in it which says "lived in". She is also ruining her daughters by constantly talking about not eating, hangover cures, and jumping when the older daughter says "jump". I almost spit when the younger daughter made the comment about the dress looking like a hooker or stripper dress and she said it was "classy" and then said it was hers. Does she wear it as a blouse?
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Closed Thread