Closed Thread
Page 16 of 301 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I really don't like the way Kara refers to CAL as if the students are "high" and stuck in the 60's. UC Berekely is very competitive and is the most difficult UC to get into. We know many students attending CAL, none of which fit into the "stuck in the 60's" category. You have to be a pretty serious student to #1 get into CAL and #2 remain at CAL. Cal is now more than 40% Asian and has really changed from the CAL we grew up with in the 60's and 70's. Yeah sure, there are some stuck in the past but most of the those folks are not students at CAL. They have migrated there from other parts of the country hoping to capture the past. I really respect Kara and think she is a bright and funny girl, I wish she would learn to think before speaking sometimes. Believe me, there are plenty of students who do not drink as a pastime at CAL, whether she wants to be friends with them is up to her.

I finally caught up on this weeks episode, wow...is Michael a jerk!!! And his girlfriend calling Jeanna a b*tch is disrespecful. I hope they were not drinking beer out of glass bottles around the pool, it's a good think Vicki has plenty of insurance.

And, how rude of Gretchen to buy both pink hats and not even wear one of them knowing that Tamra wanted a hot pink hat to go with her outfit. No wonder Tamra is rude to her, I would be too!!!
    It seemed like Tamra was eating a lot in all the scenes, wonder if she's preggers? Hope not with all the drinking she has been doing! Lynne is boring, I don't think she will come back next season! And hello! Her daughter's boyfriend is taking a break for one reason!!! iIt seems to me he is not interested in playing with girls if you know what I mean!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3271934;
    I really don't like the way Kara refers to CAL as if the students are "high" and stuck in the 60's. UC Berekely is very competitive and is the most difficult UC to get into. We know many students attending CAL, none of which fit into the "stuck in the 60's" category. You have to be a pretty serious student to #1 get into CAL and #2 remain at CAL. Cal is now more than 40% Asian and has really changed from the CAL we grew up with in the 60's and 70's. Yeah sure, there are some stuck in the past but most of the those folks are not students at CAL. They have migrated there from other parts of the country hoping to capture the past. I really respect Kara and think she is a bright and funny girl, I wish she would learn to think before speaking sometimes. Believe me, there are plenty of students who do not drink as a pastime at CAL, whether she wants to be friends with them is up to her.
    On the couple of occasions that Kara has talked about the hippies at Berkley, I have never gotten the impression that she's saying that ALL students there with the exception of her are tree-hugging radical hippies. I've always been of the impression that just as you said SOME of the students fall into that description. Some and all are not the same thing. Let's not forget, no one is forcing Kara to go there. She chose it on her own, and chooses to return on her own. Why? My guess would be due to the excellent academic standards of the university which you described. Let's not forget there is editing and producing involved with the whole show. The fish out of water OC conservative at Berkley makes for interesting fodder for the show. It should not be exaggerated to reality to the degree that we should believe that Kara sees it as this horrible terrible very bad place with 100% icky people plus her.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3271540;
    Yes, initially Vicki was very against the relationship. As you said, the primary reason was that his aspirations were not high enough for Vicki's taste. The secondary reason (which I could kind of understand) was that Brianna had started dating him so young that it would be hard to tell if they were together because he was truly the man for her, or just because they'd gotten used to each other.
    I seem to remember that Vicki thought Brianna's aspirations weren't high enough, too. There was a scene where they were walking and Vicki is talking about the BF and then asks Brianna if she wants to be a doctor or wouldn't that be a better path. That conversation sounded as if Vicki would not be proud to say "my daughter, the registered nurse" but rather "the doctor". It's all about status and looks to Vicki. That's why it bugged me that when Brianna was talking about all the things she does as a nurse, Vicki had to add, "And making beds", as if being a nurse is like being a maid. I don't think Vicki has a clue as to what a fabulous career Brianna's in and what comfort she brings to the patients. Vicki also can't see why Brianna would be attracted to her boyfriend as a firefighter. I always thought they made a super couple. They both want to make an impact on the world and people.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3271965;
    Let's not forget, no one is forcing Kara to go there. She chose it on her own, and chooses to return on her own. Why? My guess would be due to the excellent academic standards of the university which you described. The fish out of water OC conservative at Berkley makes for interesting fodder for the show. It should not be exaggerated to reality to the degree that we should believe that Kara sees it as this horrible terrible very bad place with 100% icky people plus her.
    Yes, ITA!!!!....By the way Berkeley (spelled with three e's) was her second choice school. Has it been mentioned if Kara returned to CAL?
    Last edited by luvsginger; 01-09-2009 at 10:20 PM.

It's a pleasant surprise to see Vicki accepting Michael's girlfriend. Given her possessiveness and insecurities, you'd think she's be jealous that she'd been "replaced."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3272198;
    It's a pleasant surprise to see Vicki accepting Michael's girlfriend. Given her possessiveness and insecurities, you'd think she's be jealous that she'd been "replaced."
    Michael's girlfriend Lauren knows exactly how to play Vicki. She kissed her boo-boos at Lake Havasu and raised her had to vote for the yacht purchase.
    CYA

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Yeah, she handles Vicki really well. Its impressive actually....thats a hard thing to do!

What does everyone here think of Tamra's mothering skills? On one hand, I give her credit for keeping them out of the camera's eye. But she never mentions her 2 youngest girls..
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I thought her behavior at the lake, when her young children were there, was horrible. She did not set a good example and placing small children in that type of environment was not smart mothering (nor fathering on Simon's part).
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3272216;
    Michael's girlfriend Lauren knows exactly how to play Vicki. She kissed her boo-boos at Lake Havasu and raised her had to vote for the yacht purchase.
    I think you're spot on. Maybe the credit should go to the girlfriend, who knows how to turn a potential future-mother-in-law-from hell into an ally.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Closed Thread