Closed Thread
Page 14 of 301 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Although I'm a relative newcomer to this show, I think Tamra is rapidly becoming my least favorite. She'll be nice to your face, then say something awful behind your back. Vicki obviously has issues, as well, but she's at least more upfront about them. As far as the kids, I find the most obnoxious to be a toss up between Jeana's Kara and Vicki's Michael - and Kara would probably win this contest. Refreshing to note that Vicki's Brianna and Jeff's kids are on the show, too. Sure appears like Lynne's 15 yo daughter's boyfriend may have it the most together of all these whackos when he told the girlfriend she looked like a stripper. Truer words were never spoken!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3270080;
    Although I'm a relative newcomer to this show, I think Tamra is rapidly becoming my least favorite. She'll be nice to your face, then say something awful behind your back. Vicki obviously has issues, as well, but she's at least more upfront about them. As far as the kids, I find the most obnoxious to be a toss up between Jeana's Kara and Vicki's Michael - and Kara would probably win this contest. Refreshing to note that Vicki's Brianna and Jeff's kids are on the show, too. Sure appears like Lynne's 15 yo daughter's boyfriend may have it the most together of all these whackos when he told the girlfriend she looked like a stripper. Truer words were never spoken!!
    Because she's always been one of my favorites of the kids, I just have to plead my case for Kara. I can understand why people who have just seen this season of the show would have a different impression of Kara, because she's come across as different this year than the full picture of her in all seasons. This season, she's primarily only declared that she didn't want to do an internship because she wouldn't get paid, took a job at a boutique (that did pay her and get her a discount) and that's been about it. On its own, that would make her look pretty bad. I've always been impressed by her confidence, and willingness to do what she believes in rather than following what the rest of the crowd is doing.

However, in past seasons, she's come across as one of the most together and level-headed of all the kids. She does not drink, is very focused on her academic responsibilities and being a strong achiever, etc. I would guess that being in college, she's coming to the realization that she's got a limited number of Summers to kick back and have fun left, and she's decided to enjoy them. I think that's why she's appearing to be lazy when she really isn't all that lazy or self-centered.

Has anyone read Tamra's new blog up on Bravo? Very interesting reading there.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I mentioned my dislike of Michael earlier. I think one of my favorite quotes on parenting applies to Vicki's failures with him. Elaine Bennet often says that her job as the mom of boys is to raise them to be the kind of men she'd want to marry. As a lazy, concerned with nothing but partying, boob of a kid, I don't think Vicki has lived up to that job.

Excellent quote!!!! Michael is exactly the type of man Vicki would want to marry. He is the exact opposite of her current husband. If Michael can find someone like mom to take care of him forever, he will. He comes across lazy and spoiled, just like his mom wants him to be.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3270093;
    Because she's always been one of my favorites of the kids, I just have to plead my case for Kara. I can understand why people who have just seen this season of the show would have a different impression of Kara, because she's come across as different this year than the full picture of her in all seasons. This season, she's primarily only declared that she didn't want to do an internship because she wouldn't get paid, took a job at a boutique (that did pay her and get her a discount) and that's been about it. On its own, that would make her look pretty bad. I've always been impressed by her confidence, and willingness to do what she believes in rather than following what the rest of the crowd is doing.

However, in past seasons, she's come across as one of the most together and level-headed of all the kids. She does not drink, is very focused on her academic responsibilities and being a strong achiever, etc. I would guess that being in college, she's coming to the realization that she's got a limited number of Summers to kick back and have fun left, and she's decided to enjoy them. I think that's why she's appearing to be lazy when she really isn't all that lazy or self-centered.
    I have to agree with you on Kara. Also, I am not sure if anyone is aware of how difficult it is to get yourself into CAL. Kudos to Kara! You go girl, republican or not...I like her!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3270155;
    I mentioned my dislike of Michael earlier. I think one of my favorite quotes on parenting applies to Vicki's failures with him. Elaine Bennet often says that her job as the mom of boys is to raise them to be the kind of men she'd want to marry. As a lazy, concerned with nothing but partying, boob of a kid, I don't think Vicki has lived up to that job.

Excellent quote!!!! Michael is exactly the type of man Vicki would want to marry. He is the exact opposite of her current husband. If Michael can find someone like mom to take care of him forever, he will. He comes across lazy and spoiled, just like his mom wants him to be.
    Agree - he's like the mother- and IMHO they're both repulsive humans-- to look at and listen to. They both love to be drunk, and that's all there is to either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3269784;
    True that, Veruka. What woman in her right mind would want to marry a man like Michael?

IN previews for next week at the fancy dinner party they are doing shots. Is that the norm for dinner parties now? I though shots were done in a collge bar or something of that type...I must brush up on my old-fashioned view of etiquette.
    Shots at a dinner party? Sophomoric, of course. They have a lot of crass, not class.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3268630;
    Has anyone else been distracted by a mole on the right side of Jeana's chin? It's not brown but the same color as her skin. I wonder why she doesn't have it removed.
    Yes, I just hate that lump on her face. Jeana is the most decent person on this show (decent being relative, of course), also very pretty, but I do wish she'd get that face bump removed. BTW, she also is intelligent, a power money maker (apparently), and has insight - so maybe looks don't matter all that much?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3270519;
    Yes, I just hate that lump on her face. Jeana is the most decent person on this show (decent being relative, of course), also very pretty, but I do wish she'd get that face bump removed. BTW, she also is intelligent, a power money maker (apparently), and has insight - so maybe looks don't matter all that much?
    Sometimes, removing a mole can be more trouble than it's worth if the mole is benign. Removing a mole can sometimes leave a scar bigger than the mole itself. I have no doubt that Jeana has the money to find a top-notch plastic surgeon, but it may not be worth it to her.

As someone who has a small mole on her face (right on the laugh line near my nose), I find it's part of me. I do have it checked every few years, but unless made to, I won't have it removed. It's part of what makes me, me.

Closed Thread