Closed Thread
Page 13 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3269232;
    They've almost always had an unmarried woman on the show - regardless of location. Jo wasn't married to Slade. In New York, Bethanny wasn't married. In Atlanta, neither Kim nor Sheree were married.
    Oh, ok...this is my first season watching any of the "Housewives" shows...and the only reason I am watching it is because I recently moved to the OC!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;3269313;
    Agreed...I don't think that Gretchen is out for his money. His kids seem to really like and respect her and that wouldn't happen if she were insincere. I think that Vicky and Tamra are so mean and silly. Tremendous bores.
    Good acting along with good editing does wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3269232;
    They've almost always had an unmarried woman on the show - regardless of location. Jo wasn't married to Slade. In New York, Bethanny wasn't married. In Atlanta, neither Kim nor Sheree were married.

And don't forget Quinn from last year! Glad she is not back this year, as the resident cougar (in her mind at least)

At least Jo was with Slade, Bethany had her boyfriend, Kim had Big Poppa and Sheree had her ex in a divorce court. Quinn...she just had those losers!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Marriage or not, they're there for the attention.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Tamra and Vicki are horrible childish women. I think Gretchen is a breath of fresh air. She's always up for fun and tries to have a smile on her face. I think she was just truly excited about getting the ring. Heck....did you see that thing? I would be running around the house like she was too! I didn't see the need to open it with him...although of course it would've been nice. But she had already had the ring....he just got it upgraded for her. I did feel bad for Lynne when she was alone at her table and Tamra and Vicki didn't say a word to her. They're just disgusting to me.

Gretchen was right women really could make an olympic sport out of gossiping!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3268633;
    Okay I do have to ask what kind of reputable jeweler ships a multi thousand dollar ring through the mail?
    Sure she signed that she received a box but where is the proof that the ring was in the box and all the diamonds are REAL diamonds.
    Something that valuable would be hand delivered by the jeweler if the customer were not able to pick it up in person.
    Too fake.

I thought the exact same thing! Priority mail for a $65k ring? What high end jeweler does that? At the very least they could have sprung for FedEx.
    Last edited by casey71; 01-08-2009 at 09:22 AM.

FORT Newbie

Candor,

I agree with everything you said. Very insightful...

I do like all of the women...I do think....

Vicki is a good mom...intense yes, but those kids have never for a moment wondered if they were loved. I do feel though that the beer bongs and all are a bit much...like someone above said, alcohol can be at an event , but shouldn't BE the event. Besides, my husb and I casually drank with our kids when around l8...just a beer on occasion... got out of hand...have 2 I worry about alcoholism. Shouldn't be glamorized.

I have a husb like Don...not lovey dovey, but a good man...Vicki better be careful to appreciate him more...he's been there for the whole time raising those kids too and they love him.

What is up with the previews for next wk showing Gretchen getting hammered and all over Tamra's son....kind of gross and unrealistic...can't imagine her allowing that for the cameras...sometimes i wonder if it all isn't set up.

Gretchen , like you said, wouldn't given him a look without being rich but loves him now. If I were his kids tho', she'd get on my nerves big time...she went over her boundries telling his dtr "get a job" and about the dtr "always is after him to buy her things"...hello?

Jeana, I like her style.

Tamra. She does love her family but a little too much sex stuff w/Simon... (grabbing his ...) I read somewhere each makes $30,000 an episode so if neither are working that could take care of them ...plus all the free stuff provided with the show...i think Simon is working "at home" now with a new business....

* Laura took a beating for her (I admit somewhat odd - yet attractive/sexy) looks aside...she truly does seem to be the kindest.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pspence;3269747;

Vicki is a good mom...intense yes, but those kids have never for a moment wondered if they were loved.
    I disagree with calling Vicki a good mom. The kids may know they are loved, but at their ages, I simply do not believe that is enough. Vicki is an extremely needy woman. She believes on some level that her kids must depend on her in order for her to feel validated. Her children don't (and never did) exist to validate her! They are their own people, and Vicki's job as a mother was to love them yes, but also to raise them to be capable individuals who could prosper on their own. Brianna appears to have managed to have done that to some degree, Michael not so much. But Vicki does everything she can to manipulate them into needing her and relying on her. I don't see that as good mothering. I see that as painfully selfish.

I mentioned my dislike of Michael earlier. I think one of my favorite quotes on parenting applies to Vicki's failures with him. Elaine Bennet often says that her job as the mom of boys is to raise them to be the kind of men she'd want to marry. As a lazy, concerned with nothing but partying, boob of a kid, I don't think Vicki has lived up to that job.

True that, Veruka. What woman in her right mind would want to marry a man like Michael?

IN previews for next week at the fancy dinner party they are doing shots. Is that the norm for dinner parties now? I though shots were done in a collge bar or something of that type...I must brush up on my old-fashioned view of etiquette.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

[QUOTE=channel5lady;3262143;]And why would Lynne say that hideous and slutty dress looked great on a teenager? Is she on crack?

That dress is something a contestant from Bret Michael's Rock of Love Show would wear. Slutty, Slutty Slutty

And please RHOOC producers, no more episodes with Jo de la Rosa & Slade Smiley.. and Bravo TV, please don't bring back their stupid Date My Ex show for another season..my thanks in advance
    I had read that Slade's little boy Grayson passed away recently - the one who had a brain tumor. Don't know if it's true, if so, my sincere sympathy to Slade.

Closed Thread