Closed Thread
Page 12 of 301 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3268959;
    I don't know if this has been posted, but the Gretchen/Jeff storyline reminds me more and more of Anna Nicole and her hubby, J. Howard Marshall. The big difference is that they were actually married, but I do remember that all his nurses testified that she would visit him at his bedside for a few minutes and she was off to party with her younger men friends (compared to J. Howard). Anna was also so into her "bling" like Gretchen. Big difference: Jeff didn't marry her and probably so he wouldn't compromise his estate. Obviously the viewing audience isn't seeing her at the hospital and everyone can only take her at her word that she spent so much time there. I'm sure Jeff had private nurses who could say a mouthful but no one will ever know unless someone talks.
    Reading this makes me wonder WHY are Gretchen and Jeff even on the show...She is not a "housewife"?

As far as Jeff's kids go....they seem like such nice kiddos. Nothing like Vicki's Michael and Tamra's Ryan!!! Even Jeana's daughter irks me at times!!!

As far as Gretchen not going to the hospital maybe she and Jeff decided that that would not be something for the camera's...even filming the front of the hospital.......they may have wanted to keep that all private. JMO

With the privacy laws today, a crew cannot even film outside a hospital without tons of releases and documentation.

Also, I can't understand why they call this HOUSEWIVES yet Jo wasn't married to Slade, either. They have to have the obligatory, "engaged" couple which seems pointless. Remember Jo's "borrowed" ring sitting in the Tiffany box? Same thing, different girl.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3269043;
    With the privacy laws today, a crew cannot even film outside a hospital without tons of releases and documentation.

Bravo has always had a loose defination of the word "housewife" for these shows.

As far as Michael's disrespectful comments about Jeanna? He probably is just parroting his Mumsey. He doesn't have an orginal thought of his own.

VIcky and Tamra at the races? How juvenile can you get! They are all about how classy they are and yet they show the least amount of class.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

No, they do have class. It's just that it is LOW class!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3269038;
    Reading this makes me wonder WHY are Gretchen and Jeff even on the show...She is not a "housewife"?
    They've almost always had an unmarried woman on the show - regardless of location. Jo wasn't married to Slade. In New York, Bethanny wasn't married. In Atlanta, neither Kim nor Sheree were married.

The show was supposed to mirror Desperate Housewives at the start. It has morphed into a side show worthy of Barnum and Bailey. P.T. would cash in on this fiasco.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3269266;
    The show was supposed to mirror Desperate Housewives at the start. It has morphed into a side show worthy of Barnum and Bailey. P.T. would cash in on this fiasco.
    I always thought it was more inspired by The OC than Desparate Housewives.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3269038;
    As far as Jeff's kids go....they seem like such nice kiddos. Nothing like Vicki's Michael and Tamra's Ryan!!! Even Jeana's daughter irks me at times!!!

JMO
    Agreed...I don't think that Gretchen is out for his money. His kids seem to really like and respect her and that wouldn't happen if she were insincere. I think that Vicky and Tamra are so mean and silly. Tremendous bores.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

LG.

I think they pick the name of the original RHOOC to capitalize on both Desparate Housewives and the OC's fanbases. And DH has a very loose definition of "housewives" too as Susan and Edie were both single when it started.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Closed Thread