Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;3391433;
    AHHHHHH, those were the good ole days for sure! Now we have Housewives all over the place trying to climb to the top of the "most popular - high society" ladder by stepping on one head, I mean, one rung, at a time.

I't getting so bad I might start watching the commercials instead and FF through the Housewives scenes. Yes sirree!
    I think the rot set in with TamRAAA and that Quinn was a pointless diversion about a pointless woman. If you listen carefully the TamRAAA's first voice over was "I'm the hottest housewife in Orange County" - competitive and contemptuous from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3392257;
    TamRAAA .
    angloAm- this cracks me up every time.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3391447;
    Slade seems to have aged 7 yrs in the last three.

Imagine being the neighbors and watching the REAL life of a real housewife
    Well to be fair his little son is not well, which must age a person and put a slight crimp in their partying. Funny how TamRAAA bitched about Gretchen taking a respite break with her family (and I guess Mr. Photoglu wasn't strangling her then), but could only come up with a juvenile "homo" comment for Slade who seems to neglect his son a bit more. Where was her much talked of wit then? Was it off riding on an imaginary pink Harley with her selective outrage? She let us down with that comment, she let us down.

Wasn't Slade arrested for not paying or contributing to the little tyke's bills? I guess he can forget about Dad of the Year for a while.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3392257;
    I think the rot set in with TamRAAA and that Quinn was a pointless diversion about a pointless woman. If you listen carefully the TamRAAA's first voice over was "I'm the hottest housewife in Orange County" - competitive and contemptuous from the start.
    Yep, that's it exactly - competitive and contemptuous from the start and downhill ever since....

At least this season the two women they added, Gretchen and Lynn, were kind, not malicious or cruel

I'd like to see Patti Stenger make a "guest" appearance with to aid Jeana in her dating/finding a new husband. Jeana's a millionairess, right?
    But I just realized that would be a bad idea. Vicki would suddenly get jealous, say it's not fair, and then get a divorce on the spot so she could be the millionairess who gets to go on a date. I can hear her now: "I didn't get the email about meeting with Patti and have to be single!! It's not fair, Donnnnnnnnnn!!!!"
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fogey

And then she'd buy herself a Rolex or a yacht to make up for it, making sure that everyone saw how 'badly' she felt about waving it about and shrieking.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3392262;
    Well to be fair his little son is not well, which must age a person and put a slight crimp in their partying. Funny how TamRAAA bitched about Gretchen taking a respite break with her family (and I guess Mr. Photoglu wasn't strangling her then), but could only come up with a juvenile "homo" comment for Slade who seems to neglect his son a bit more. Where was her much talked of wit then? Was it off riding on an imaginary pink Harley with her selective outrage? She let us down with that comment, she let us down.

Wasn't Slade arrested for not paying or contributing to the little tyke's bills? I guess he can forget about Dad of the Year for a while.
    Slade aging 7 yrs has nothing to do with his son. He said he was 32-33 yrs old in S1 and now his age is listed as 40 yrs. Truth be known he is closer to 43-44 yrs old. AND THAT is why tamra made the tacky comment about his tacky taste in clothing. He is TOO old to dress like he is a laid back teen.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3392307;
    Slade aging 7 yrs has nothing to do with his son. He said he was 32-33 yrs old in S1 and now his age is listed as 40 yrs. Truth be known he is closer to 43-44 yrs old. AND THAT is why tamra made the tacky comment about his tacky taste in clothing. He is TOO old to dress like he is a laid back teen.
    As is Simon. He really needs to stop raiding Ryan's closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3392417;
    But all those horrid clothes are freebies and when one is unemployed . . . . . . .
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3392417;
    I hadn't watched prior seasons, so I knew nothing about Slade. I knew nothing about his backstory, so I just saw him as a typical 40 something OC guy who, IMO, was attractive physically. Simon, who I have seen this seaon, comes off as totally smarmy and sleazy. I just don't find anything about him to be attractive.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Closed Thread