Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3391446;
    So what changed? Are the ladies showing their true selves now or did TPTB asked them to kick it up a notch? I like to be entertained, but not at the expense of people getting hurt, ie Gretchen and Lynn.
    I wonder what changed. Your last comment hits the nail on the head! I like to be entertained, too, but I can't stand people being outright nasty to each other. I've got the TV on in the other room and just heard Vicki say about Gretchen giving the little Coach bags, "I didn't get the email about bringing gifts . . . . I just don't get it." Wow, she can't just accept a token from someone, or the thought that came with that gift, graciously? She's the type of person who would ask you on a holiday, "How much are you going to spend on me so I can spend the same amount on you?"

I think they are showing their true selves. While they consider themselves actors, they certainly aren't good ones.

Added to say that Tamra just asked, in regard to the pink motorcycle and Gretch: "Are you stalking me?"
    Last edited by New Mommy; 03-24-2009 at 06:45 PM.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

You're right, these women are not good actors. That adage "familiarity breeds contempt" must have applied here. The more time these women spent together, the less they liked each other. Eventually, the "meow" factor kicked in!! Of course, some of them wouldn't know class if it hit them on the head.
    Last edited by Coco46; 03-24-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3391541;
    You're right, these women are not good actors. That adage "familiarity breeds contempt" must have applied here. The more time these women spent together, the less they liked each other. Eventually, the "meow" factor kicked in!! Of course, some of them wouldn't know class if it hit them on the head.
    Excellent points. Also, they gravitated toward those who were most alike. Poor Lynne. She really took the hits. Jeana tried really hard to stay in the middle, but her passive/aggressive side came through, especially in the reunion.

Actually, we all act somewhat on a day to day basis when we are in regular society. We don't especially like everyone we encounter but are polite and treat people with a certain amount of politeness. You called it well; they couldn't put up a front for long. I hope they get a new set of women if they continue.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

I agree. I would love a whole new set of housewives! How much more can we learn about these women that we don't already know.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3392015;
    I agree. I would love a whole new set of housewives! How much more can we learn about these women that we don't already know.
    Good observation. I'm a bit bored by them, too. And as much as I like Vicki, which I really, really do, I think she and Jeanna are ready to go. With their kids out of the house, there's not much more left to see.

Although, now that I think about it, I'd like to see them in their careers. I would love to see a show about Vicki growing her company. I might be the only viewer, but I think she does a great job with that and she is inspiring to me.

The only reason I would like to see Vicki return is for an update on her next, "Cruise with Vicki".

I loved the blast of the horn and the camera panning out to feature all ten or so people. Vicki claims she will have 1000 in attendance next year so I would love to tune in to see the ONE attendee shown falling asleep during the workshop and one last blast of the ships horn. Whooo Whoooo!!

Bring in a new crew, BRAVO!
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

I could see Jeanna and Vicki in their own spinoff show, where they travel the world together and act like silly, promiscuous American tourists. I'd watch!

If that happened, I'd be ready for a whole new set of OCers. Anything to keep Jo from making return guest shots.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

On the contrary, I think that Jeana will have a lot to offer between her career, dating, and dealing with the kids in college. Vicki...not as much. I do agree about the cruise though. I definitely think though that the show could do with some new Housewives to join Gretchen and Lynne.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Regular

I have to agree that I would love to see more "Cruise with Vicki" - that had some of the best editing ever and kept me laughing almost throughout the entire show!!

I would also like to see Jeana rebuild her life as an independent woman, gaining her confidence again and moving forward.

Please Bravo, no more seasons filled with meanspirited vindictive jealousy. Bring in ladies we can laugh with instead of being incensed by - I don't need any more Tamra and her skeevy family, although her younger children are adorable. She pretty much ruined the season for me, with her ugly cruelty

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3391370;
    Gosh, those were the days! It started as Desperate Housewives crossed with Robin Leach's Lifestyles of the Rich and Classless. All they did was eat at strip mall places and I remember Jo playing tennis at "the club" with Kimberley. Remember Jo on the horse with a cocktail? Now they've turned to The Real Shrews of OC. Oh and we can't forget Mikey saying that he was going to sit by the pool all summer and the water better be warm.
    If I get a chill I'm gonna be p*ssed off.

Be fair though, NM, they did eat at the better strip mall places.

Closed Thread