Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-24-2009 at 03:03 PM.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3389046;
    I always thought that the older daughter was the real reason Tammy K. left; she didn't want the girl to continue to embarrass herself so Tammy did the right thing. I always thought those girls were still hurting over the death of their dad and Tammy recognized they needed help to cope.can act that way with cameras rolling, what will that person do in private.
    Tammy was a class act. I used to like Vicki a lot - even tried to emulate her work ethic, but they're showing a really hard egotistical avaricious judgemental edge to her.

TamRAAA is the essence of two-facedness. She reaches up from kissing their posteriors to stab them in the back. Most of the time they never see it coming. I feel sorry for her; nobody really likes her. Even Vickie only uses her as a mouthpiece.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3389558;
    Nah.....would rather the spice rack. Seriously. This guy is slimey.
    But for a meaningless fling he'd be fun. The spice rack can take care of itself for another day. (I never really alphabetize it, to set everyone's mind at rest.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;3389658;
    Exactly! Gretchen was the one who brought gifts and got a crap-load of gossip for it amongst the other Housewives - Especially, Vicki! I never once heard Gretchen say one bad thing about the other women, (can't call them ladies) with the exception of Lynne.

Keep Gretchen and Lynne, throw out the others and start all over with a fresh new group who can treat each other with some respect and dignity. Season one got good ratings so I am not convinced BRAVO needs all this cattiness amongs what should be considered adults, to have a hit show. BRAVO has allowed these women, or, even coerced them into acting like total fools. I would much rather watch these shows with true story lines of their lives and families as long as you keep Lauri off the show prancing around ruining her sons life for a few minutes of media attention. I can't stand her and what she did to her boy. Unforgivable.
    1) What did Gretchen say bad about Lynne?

2) I thought the first focus of the RH was their bling bling lifestyle, not how mean they were. I mean it was all sunny SoCal and 'Tuscan-style' McMansions, and price tags on everything. Remember the spectacle of Jo and Slade shopping for baubles to hang in his house (was it me or did we never actually see any of them in his empty white space?)? There were little digs about how the mummies somewhat neglected their families (remember that Jeana missed her own son's graduation to be at a business meeting and he just floated, bare chested and muscled, his bare skin glinting in the sun in his pool...ah...erm...back to the topic at hand!) but not this emphasis on being nasty nasty nasty. In fact, when RHONYC started I first thought - wow, those NY bitches are mean compared to the nice ditzy OC girls. Not no more.

FORT Fogey

I read this in the OCRegister article:

Smiley, 40, Rossi's friend and occasional business adviser, was arrested last month at Rossi's house on a civil contempt warrant. He served Photoglou the restraining order, according to the parties involved.
    Imagine how that little encounter went down.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-24-2009 at 03:02 PM.

FORT Fanatic

I had to laugh in the OC Register article where it stated the guy had threatened to "dispose of" Slade Smiley, who crawled out from under a rock. I tried to read some of the blogger comments but so many had been deleted by the paper that I gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3391120;
    1) What did Gretchen say bad about Lynne?

2) I thought the first focus of the RH was their bling bling lifestyle, not how mean they were. I mean it was all sunny SoCal and 'Tuscan-style' McMansions, and price tags on everything. Remember the spectacle of Jo and Slade shopping for baubles to hang in his house (was it me or did we never actually see any of them in his empty white space?)? There were little digs about how the mummies somewhat neglected their families (remember that Jeana missed her own son's graduation to be at a business meeting and he just floated, bare chested and muscled, his bare skin glinting in the sun in his pool...ah...erm...back to the topic at hand!) but not this emphasis on being nasty nasty nasty. In fact, when RHONYC started I first thought - wow, those NY bitches are mean compared to the nice ditzy OC girls. Not no more.
    Gosh, those were the days! It started as Desperate Housewives crossed with Robin Leach's Lifestyles of the Rich and Classless. All they did was eat at strip mall places and I remember Jo playing tennis at "the club" with Kimberley. Remember Jo on the horse with a cocktail? Now they've turned to The Real Shrews of OC. Oh and we can't forget Mikey saying that he was going to sit by the pool all summer and the water better be warm.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3391370;
    Gosh, those were the days! It started as Desperate Housewives crossed with Robin Leach's Lifestyles of the Rich and Classless. All they did was eat at strip mall places and I remember Jo playing tennis at "the club" with Kimberley. Remember Jo on the horse with a cocktail? Now they've turned to The Real Shrews of OC. Oh and we can't forget Mikey saying that he was going to sit by the pool all summer and the water better be warm.
    AHHHHHH, those were the good ole days for sure! Now we have Housewives all over the place trying to climb to the top of the "most popular - high society" ladder by stepping on one head, I mean, one rung, at a time.

I't getting so bad I might start watching the commercials instead and FF through the Housewives scenes. Yes sirree!
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3391370;
    So what changed? Are the ladies showing their true selves now or did TPTB asked them to kick it up a notch? I like to be entertained, but not at the expense of people getting hurt, ie Gretchen and Lynn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3391123;
    I read this in the OCRegister article:

Smiley, 40, Rossi's friend and occasional business adviser, was arrested last month at Rossi's house on a civil contempt warrant. He served Photoglou the restraining order, according to the parties involved.
    Imagine how that little encounter went down.
    Slade seems to have aged 7 yrs in the last three.

Imagine being the neighbors and watching the REAL life of a real housewife

Paul Hillson, a neighbor of Rossi's, said Photoglou moved into her Costa Mesa house right after Beitzel died. He said it "certainly seemed that" the two were dating, and added that he would often see them "lovey dovey, holding hands."
    "For her to deny that they were living together kind of shocked me," said Hillson, 38. He also noted that it appears that Smiley is currently living there.

Closed Thread