Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;3389141;
    I totally agree New Mommy. That party (if that's what you can call it) was so unbelievable I was stunned, in disbelief, and digusted all at the same time. I guess that's what alcohol mixed with a lot of jealousy will do to some people. But to gang up on someone who is supposedly a guest and also a newcomer to the show really told me all I needed to know about Tamra and Vicki. During the reunion show I was pretty disgusted hearing Tamra lie about her being so drunk she didn't know what she was doing. No way was that believable. The frowns and looks Vicki displayed on the reunion show was also disturbing to me.

To add to your comment about "what will that person do in private" I think we are getting a glimpse of that now with all the finger pointing going on with Gretchen, Slade, and some guy named Photojay.

As far as Vicki goes as a mother, I respectfully disagree with Coco to a point. I think Vicki's kids are so frightened of her and embarrassed by her they want to climb under a rock. I would too. I think Vikci has good intentions and loves her kids but she goes overboard. I think I would hang myself if someone told me reincaration was real and I was coming back as one of Vicki's kids.
    Thank you NewMommy and Oompaloopa! You have both described perfectly why my feelings toward both Tamra and Vicki changed so dramatically this season. As you say, inviting a guest into your home and deliberately setting out to hurt that person - setting them up at risk to their Life, (yes people can die from alcohol poisoning) - to Tamra's wickedly hateful determination to 'out' Gretchen on the reunion show - to all the finger pointing since the season ended....their jealousy is ugly to see, uncomfortable to witness, and even worse, if they'll do this on camera, one shudders to imagine what they are capable of off-camera.
    Last edited by socalgal; 03-21-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Spelling

I don't feel so bad, thinking that I was judgmental when watching that episode. Yes, people can die of alcohol poisoning and I believe that Bravo was not very responsible, even though they showed these lame disclaimers at the end of the show (supposedly aimed at underage drinking). What has troubled me is that these women spoke over and over again of "outing" someone, as if they were talking about telling some horrid secret. All of the "characters" of the show have some horrible secret that was not brought to the storyline but everyone else's privacy was respected. Gretchen deserved the same.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3388862;
    Not a Gretchen fan. Anyone in love with a dying partner doesn't party or flaunt herself in sexual ways the way Gretchen did. IMO, Vicki and Tamara are right in their assessment of Gretchen. She's a phony. While only Gretchen knows the truth, I'd bet money on it.

This isn't to say she didn't care for her partner or take good care of him. I think she did all these things. But love? I don't think so. Assuming I'm right (which I could very well not be), she was in a no-win situation. Who would fess up to such a thing when a dying man is involved??? She couldn't and wouldn't and it was wrong for Vicki and Tamara to try to force her to admit it. Some things are better left unsaid - esp. at certain critical times.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3389247;
    I don't feel so bad, thinking that I was judgmental when watching that episode. Yes, people can die of alcohol poisoning and I believe that Bravo was not very responsible, even though they showed these lame disclaimers at the end of the show (supposedly aimed at underage drinking). What has troubled me is that these women spoke over and over again of "outing" someone, as if they were talking about telling some horrid secret. All of the "characters" of the show have some horrible secret that was not brought to the storyline but everyone else's privacy was respected. Gretchen deserved the same.
    ....And yet Tamra only succeeded in making herself look juvenile, jealous and beyond pathetic. She doesn't possess the wits to understand that she embarassed no one but herself and her family.....the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;3388727;
    MySpace.com - DuzoxinTV.com - 43 - Female - The OC, California - www.myspace.com/duzoxintv

Vicki and Jeana's have new hilarious comments in the Duzoxin sales pitch myspace website. They both sign off claiming to be ACTRESSES but the content of their comments are pretty funny.
    Gross! Why do they always have to run right out and customize a Hummer? Slade flaunted his Hummer....Lou flaunted his OC Angel Hummer and now this stupid weight loss junk? Stupid Is As Stupid Does.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3389272;
    ....And yet Tamra only succeeded in making herself look juvenile, jealous and beyond pathetic. She doesn't possess the wits to understand that she embarassed no one but herself and her family.....the entire season.
    Not to mention how Tamra is on film humping the dance floor, riding her son in a wet T-shirt, grabbing her husband's privates, close to an X-rated scenes in Napa with Simon and half naked, screaming at her kids to shut up, and her ridiculous footage of throwing her own father under the bus on a stupid fold up chair in the middle of no where! Did I leave out Tamra's using one Housewife after the other, and what about all her gossiping and hypocritical statements. It truly makes her look pretty bad.

Yes, I too feel Gretchen got a raw deal. She didn't deserve all the horrific treatment since the ones pointing the finger at her seem to have more problematic issues that should be addressed especially since they have young families. wow
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

But see....thats why I like Gretchen. She could have pointed the finger right back at them but she didn't.....she was an adult and took the high road. Good for her!!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3389046;
    I always thought that the older daughter was the real reason Tammy K. left; she didn't want the girl to continue to embarrass herself so Tammy did the right thing. I always thought those girls were still hurting over the death of their dad and Tammy recognized they needed help to cope.

They have all shown good and bad; they're people. What made me not want to watch any long was the clear ugliness shown to another person who was a guest in someone's home. I can't remember anyone of the women behaving so horrible to one another in front of cameras until this season. If anyone can act that way with cameras rolling, what will that person do in private.
    You're right, this season was the ugliest. That scene at Tamra's house was reprehensible and I'm sure Bravo will lose many viewers next season, if it even returns. In what universe does Tamra think all she does is right? Classy, I think not!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3388301;
    From a different perspective, if I weren't married, I'd always feel the need to shower with Slade! He's not 'handsome' but he does his best which is always appealing. He keeps his body in good shape. He can pretend at least to be terribly caring.

I'm not saying he's husband material but a date with him would beat sitting around the house alphabetizing my spice rack.
    Nah.....would rather the spice rack. Seriously. This guy is slimey.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3389488;
    But see....thats why I like Gretchen. She could have pointed the finger right back at them but she didn't.....she was an adult and took the high road. Good for her!!
    Exactly! Gretchen was the one who brought gifts and got a crap-load of gossip for it amongst the other Housewives - Especially, Vicki! I never once heard Gretchen say one bad thing about the other women, (can't call them ladies) with the exception of Lynne.

Keep Gretchen and Lynne, throw out the others and start all over with a fresh new group who can treat each other with some respect and dignity. Season one got good ratings so I am not convinced BRAVO needs all this cattiness amongs what should be considered adults, to have a hit show. BRAVO has allowed these women, or, even coerced them into acting like total fools. I would much rather watch these shows with true story lines of their lives and families as long as you keep Lauri off the show prancing around ruining her sons life for a few minutes of media attention. I can't stand her and what she did to her boy. Unforgivable.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Closed Thread