Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;3388727;
    MySpace.com - DuzoxinTV.com - 43 - Female - The OC, California - www.myspace.com/duzoxintv

Vicki and Jeana's have new hilarious comments in the Duzoxin sales pitch myspace website. They both sign off claiming to be ACTRESSES but the content of their comments are pretty funny.
    If they are actors, which is the real term for people on the stage and in films, they are not very good. I wonder if they will try to promote this on the show, should it come back for another 'successful' run.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;3388734;
    IMO, even if Gretchen's claims aren't true, I still think Tamra and Vicki both take first place as the most disliked in their climb of claim-to-fame.
    I would agree to numbers one and two, but not tied for number one. Vicki is by far the most disgusting of the Reality TV bunch. For me, Tamara only moves into first place if she did, in fact, try to smear Gretchen during the reunion show. With that one action she moves well beyond Vicki and even Jerry Manthey to be the person I would move-to-the-other-side-of-the-street-if-I-saw-them-coming category.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3388530;
    Wow....well I'm glad she got the restraining order. Yikes..
    Unfortunately, restraining orders are just a piece of paper and if someone really means to do harm, they can. I know we have all read stories like this in the newspaper. Hope Gretchen is safe from this man!

FORT Fogey

Not a Gretchen fan. Anyone in love with a dying partner doesn't party or flaunt herself in sexual ways the way Gretchen did. IMO, Vicki and Tamara are right in their assessment of Gretchen. She's a phony. While only Gretchen knows the truth, I'd bet money on it.

This isn't to say she didn't care for her partner or take good care of him. I think she did all these things. But love? I don't think so. Assuming I'm right (which I could very well not be), she was in a no-win situation. Who would fess up to such a thing when a dying man is involved??? She couldn't and wouldn't and it was wrong for Vicki and Tamara to try to force her to admit it. Some things are better left unsaid - esp. at certain critical times.

While Vicki is on everyone's @hit list, and I get why, she remains my favorite OC housewife. For everything she does wrong, she does a hundred other things right. Plus, I have a soft spot for her. She's not the youngest and certainly not the prettiest which I think makes her feel a bit like an outsider and drives her to overcompensate in other areas. Plus, she strikes me as very lonely in love and doesn't know how to get out of it. I feel sad for her much of the time.

Laurie is my other OC fav.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-21-2009 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3388811;
    I would agree to numbers one and two, but not tied for number one. Vicki is by far the most disgusting of the Reality TV bunch. For me, Tamara only moves into first place if she did, in fact, try to smear Gretchen during the reunion show. With that one action she moves well beyond Vicki and even Jerry Manthey to be the person I would move-to-the-other-side-of-the-street-if-I-saw-them-coming category.
    If Tamra was presenting a satirical character, she'd be hysterical but she's not. When I watched the episode of the NY housewives where Ramona said to Gov. Paterson "You're like blind right?" I thought of Tamra and Vicki being in the same situation. If enough alcohol was consumed, I could see Vicki telling him her boobs wanted to come out and play and Tamra grabbing him "Woo woo I've got your business"

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3388862;
    Not a Gretchen fan. Anyone in love with a dying partner doesn't party or flaunt herself in sexual ways the way Gretchen did. IMO, Vicki and Tamara are right in their assessment of Gretchen. She's a phony. While only Gretchen knows the truth, I'd bet money on it.

This isn't to say she didn't care for her partner or take good care of him. I think she did all these things. But love? I don't think so. Assuming I'm right (which I could very well not be), she was in a no-win situation. Who would fess up to such a thing when a dying man is involved??? She couldn't and wouldn't and it was wrong for Vicki and Tamara to try to force her to admit it. Some things are better left unsaid - esp. at certain critical times.

While Vicki is on everyone's @hit list, and I get why, she remains my favorite OC housewife. For everything she does wrong, she does a hundred other things right. Plus, I have a soft spot for her. She's not the youngest and certainly not the prettiest which I think makes her feel a bit like an outsider and drives her to overcompensate in other areas. Plus, she strikes me as very lonely in love and doesn't know how to get out of it. I feel sad for her much of the time.

Laurie is my other OC fav.
    Laurie is my favorite OC housewife and I'm sorry she was not on very much this past season. Next to all of the housewives she held the most restraint and had the most class. I really feel very sorry for her son and hope he makes it. She seemed quite worried about him at the reunion show.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3388899;
    Laurie is my favorite OC housewife and I'm sorry she was not on very much this past season. Next to all of the housewives she held the most restraint and had the most class. I really feel very sorry for her son and hope he makes it. She seemed quite worried about him at the reunion show.
    During the first season Lauri was my fav too. As time went on and I watched how she abandoned her son and detached herself from her kids in favor of hunting down another sugar daddy and Playboy parties, I lost all respect for her. She also chose a druggie over her family when she was dating that guy named Steve?

My fav was Tammy K. Tammy really left to take care of her family. I can't say the same for Lauri.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

I respect your thoughts and it's nice that we have such a thread to be able to discuss our differences! I like Tammy too, but not sure I agree on how her daughters acted, especially the older one. I guess it's difficult to rein in older children. I think all of these housewives have shown some good and some bad qualities, even Vickie!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3389022;
    I respect your thoughts and it's nice that we have such a thread to be able to discuss our differences! I like Tammy too, but not sure I agree on how her daughters acted, especially the older one. I guess it's difficult to rein in older children. I think all of these housewives have shown some good and some bad qualities, even Vickie!!!!
    I always thought that the older daughter was the real reason Tammy K. left; she didn't want the girl to continue to embarrass herself so Tammy did the right thing. I always thought those girls were still hurting over the death of their dad and Tammy recognized they needed help to cope.

They have all shown good and bad; they're people. What made me not want to watch any long was the clear ugliness shown to another person who was a guest in someone's home. I can't remember anyone of the women behaving so horrible to one another in front of cameras until this season. If anyone can act that way with cameras rolling, what will that person do in private.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3389046;
    I always thought that the older daughter was the real reason Tammy K. left; she didn't want the girl to continue to embarrass herself so Tammy did the right thing. I always thought those girls were still hurting over the death of their dad and Tammy recognized they needed help to cope.

They have all shown good and bad; they're people. What made me not want to watch any long was the clear ugliness shown to another person who was a guest in someone's home. I can't remember anyone of the women behaving so horrible to one another in front of cameras until this season. If anyone can act that way with cameras rolling, what will that person do in private.
    I totally agree New Mommy. That party (if that's what you can call it) was so unbelievable I was stunned, in disbelief, and digusted all at the same time. I guess that's what alcohol mixed with a lot of jealousy will do to some people. But to gang up on someone who is supposedly a guest and also a newcomer to the show really told me all I needed to know about Tamra and Vicki. During the reunion show I was pretty disgusted hearing Tamra lie about her being so drunk she didn't know what she was doing. No way was that believable. The frowns and looks Vicki displayed on the reunion show was also disturbing to me.

To add to your comment about "what will that person do in private" I think we are getting a glimpse of that now with all the finger pointing going on with Gretchen, Slade, and some guy named Photojay.

As far as Vicki goes as a mother, I respectfully disagree with Coco to a point. I think Vicki's kids are so frightened of her and embarrassed by her they want to climb under a rock. I would too. I think Vikci has good intentions and loves her kids but she goes overboard. I think I would hang myself if someone told me reincaration was real and I was coming back as one of Vicki's kids.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Closed Thread