Closed Thread
Page 11 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3268630;
    Has anyone else been distracted by a mole on the right side of Jeana's chin? It's not brown but the same color as her skin. I wonder why she doesn't have it removed.
    Ya, it does bother me and I was wondering the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3268633;
    Okay I do have to ask what kind of reputable jeweler ships a multi thousand dollar ring through the mail?
    Sure she signed that she received a box but where is the proof that the ring was in the box and all the diamonds are REAL diamonds.
    Something that valuable would be hand delivered by the jeweler if the customer were not able to pick it up in person.
    Too fake.
    $65,000 for the ring....I am wondering what it cost to ship it and include insurance for a ring of that value.....? Ya, probably FAKE!

The part of the show with them picking out the hats was sooooo incredibly boring and way too long....and actually why did Gretchen need to buy 2 big pink hats and then not even wear them? I could care that Tamra has an issue with it but sheesh....drama so much drama with this show week after week but crap I keep going back to this

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3268723;
    $65,000 for the ring....I am wondering what it cost to ship it and include insurance for a ring of that value.....? Ya, probably FAKE!
    I hadn't even thought about the cost to insure shipping it. Considering that she lives about 2 miles at the most from the jewelry store that they went into to pick it out I would really doubt that the store would "ship it".

OH and did anyone else want to BEWITCH SLAP Vicki's son for his RUDE remarks about Jeanna?
    One word to that spoiled idiot: KARMA!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3268630;
    Has anyone else been distracted by a mole on the right side of Jeana's chin? It's not brown but the same color as her skin. I wonder why she doesn't have it removed.

I've wondered about that skin thing, too. Is it a mole or a wart?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3268756;

OH and did anyone else want to BEWITCH SLAP Vicki's son for his RUDE remarks about Jeanna?
    I usually want to just bitch slap Michael for merely appearing on my TV screen. Of all the OC kids, he is without question my least favorite. I can't stand the guy! Theyr'e all spoiled. Some of them are spoiled, know it, and really appreciate it. Some of them are spoiled, don't know it, and take advanatage of it. Michael, to me, is spoiled, knows it, and does everything he can to exploit it. I think he's going to be one of those people who is 40 years old, still bouncing around in the world doing nothing, because he knows he doesn't have to because mom will step in and take care of things.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3268756;
    I hadn't even thought about the cost to insure shipping it. Considering that she lives about 2 miles at the most from the jewelry store that they went into to pick it out I would really doubt that the store would "ship it".

Great catch! They make such a point to show how these women are 'pampered' - yet you would think that someone would make a personal white glove delivery to her--especially for face time on camera. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she already have that ring to begin with? When they were shown to be at what appeared to be a mall-type jewelry store on the first show, that's when Jeff announced that he was replacing her stone with a larger one. Unless it really was a mall store that doesn't do in-house stone setting...then that would make more sense. The whole thing was quite odd. Including, "Golly Goll Goll Goll Goll" <<

Vicki's son, Michael, is a pasty loser of the worst kind. He wants to party all the time and have all the creature comforts...and he has no qualms about selling his soul to the devil to get them. Mama will take care of him. Fine for now but she has created a monster. Free handouts to him will get old mighty fast. Vicki is all about reaping what she sows.

The ring may have been shipped to her from the jeweler who actually made the ring. My friend is a designer and she often has to pick pieces up from the post office or they are sent by FedEx or UPS. So, yes, I know first hand that very expensive pieces are often shipped. This could be real and yes, the insurance is high. Usually, the insurance cost is included in the price of the ring, especially when it is designed especially for you.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Yeah, the shipping of the ring isn't a bother to me for the reasons New Mommy said and other reasons as well. I know some folks who regularly attempt to avoid sales tax by getting a local jeweler to ship from their other store in a different state. The more expensive the item, the more often it comes in the mail, to save on the tax. (And yes, I realize this is a shaky tax avoidance scheme, but it happens anyway.) However, that doesn't take away from the overall weirdness of the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by MissNomer;3268847;
    The whole thing was quite odd. Including, "Golly Goll Goll Goll Goll" <<
    Exactly! Gretchen reminds me more and more of Kendra on "The Girls Next Door." in the way she talks.

I don't know if this has been posted, but the Gretchen/Jeff storyline reminds me more and more of Anna Nicole and her hubby, J. Howard Marshall. The big difference is that they were actually married, but I do remember that all his nurses testified that she would visit him at his bedside for a few minutes and she was off to party with her younger men friends (compared to J. Howard). Anna was also so into her "bling" like Gretchen. Big difference: Jeff didn't marry her and probably so he wouldn't compromise his estate. Obviously the viewing audience isn't seeing her at the hospital and everyone can only take her at her word that she spent so much time there. I'm sure Jeff had private nurses who could say a mouthful but no one will ever know unless someone talks.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3268959;
    I don't know if this has been posted, but the Gretchen/Jeff storyline reminds me more and more of Anna Nicole and her hubby, J. Howard Marshall. The big difference is that they were actually married, but I do remember that all his nurses testified that she would visit him at his bedside for a few minutes and she was off to party with her younger men friends (compared to J. Howard). Anna was also so into her "bling" like Gretchen. Big difference: Jeff didn't marry her and probably so he wouldn't compromise his estate. Obviously the viewing audience isn't seeing her at the hospital and everyone can only take her at her word that she spent so much time there. I'm sure Jeff had private nurses who could say a mouthful but no one will ever know unless someone talks.
    I'm not sure that is a fair comparison, simply because it's the show that prevents us from knowing how much time she is spending at hte hospital, or what she does when she is there. For privacy reasons, the cameras can't go to film her there. So 100% of what we see of her HAS to be away from the hospital. There have been several events the women have done where she has not been there because she was with Jeff (such as the lunch when they called her and Vicki didn't want to talk about cancer ... but wasn't creative enough to just yell CUT). a lot of the other things where we have seen Gretchen have 1) taken only a couple of hours to do and 2) have taken place when his kids were there, and could be at the hospital with him.

When they've takled about it on the show, Gretchen has appeared to be very informed of Jeff's health status, where things stand, etc. That gives me the impression that she's invovled enough to be discussing those things with the doctors. There is a lot of stuff that happens in these women's lives that is not filmed, and Gretchen's time at the hospital falls into that category. I will not assume that she's not there much simply because we can't see it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3268967;
    I'm not sure that is a fair comparison, simply because it's the show that prevents us from knowing how much time she is spending at hte hospital, or what she does when she is there. For privacy reasons, the cameras can't go to film her there. So 100&#37; of what we see of her HAS to be away from the hospital. There have been several events the women have done where she has not been there because she was with Jeff (such as the lunch when they called her and Vicki didn't want to talk about cancer ... but wasn't creative enough to just yell CUT). a lot of the other things where we have seen Gretchen have 1) taken only a couple of hours to do and 2) have taken place when his kids were there, and could be at the hospital with him.

When they've takled about it on the show, Gretchen has appeared to be very informed of Jeff's health status, where things stand, etc. That gives me the impression that she's invovled enough to be discussing those things with the doctors. There is a lot of stuff that happens in these women's lives that is not filmed, and Gretchen's time at the hospital falls into that category. I will not assume that she's not there much simply because we can't see it on TV.
    You are absolutely right! This is my point. Bravo is trying to make it into that type of storyline, goldigger/older sick man. That's why I called it a "storyline". The subtle comments which she makes show that she is on top of things and knows what is happening. This is thanks to Jeff allowing her to speak to the doctors and be involved. This can only happen with his permission because his next of kin are his children. He must approve any other person to be involved.
    This is why I don't think she is given a fair shake by many of the viewers who just want to see her as a party girl who is only thinking of herself. I'd like to hear, if there are any, comments about Gretchen being at the hospital. Obviously his kids seemed appreciative.
    Last edited by New Mommy; 01-07-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Closed Thread