Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Gretchen sounds like she has her intentions in a good place. She is trying to raise awareness for a disease that took the like of someone she loves. If that means she has to have the spotlight on her, so be it. The people with the spotlight get the attention, thus, the awareness. Sadly, most people don't do anything until it hits home. And if she did win an award for something, no matter when she did the work, people would still be making critical comments about her.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by misslada;3386764;
    I lost my very dear loved one and my friends took me to lunch about a week later and then to a movie. I was still in mourning, but my friends wanted me to see that life is still happening. There are no limits as to time for someone to wait to go out to a ballgame or anything else. maybe her heart is still broken, but she can not sit in the house day after day or evening after evening. trust me when I tell you that the evenings are the way worst time.
    Besides, I think Slade is a good friend of hers. Even if I think he is a geek, he could still be a friend. some of my friends are questionable about being geekie..LOL
    You are so right!!!! Unfortunately for these two, the cameras are going to be on them and then the tongues wag.

The evenings are the worst. I'm seeing it first-hand with my husband. But that has not stopped us from trying to get out and see a show or have dinner. And people who know his dad died are seeing us out. So what!
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3386301;
    You're right, there is no time period. But if you read some of the other posts, because she went to a Laker's game, that means her time period of sadness is over? I'm fed up with the way she is being portrayed. She could be crying for him every night but because she is photographed, she's evil and never loved him.

I couldn't agree more.

I like Gretchen and am embarrassed for those (meaning Tamra and Vicki) who are trying to destroy a young womans reputation with so much hatred and contempt . I think Tamra and Vicki are very jealous and mean spirited. Mean people suck! :nono

Gretchen is still relatively young. What she has yet to learn and say by the time she reaches fifty, I'm sure she will look back and wished she had said or done things differently. For Tamra who, by the way, turned 41 and Vicki almost 50 there are no excuses for their school girl drama directed at a much younger, prettier, free-spirited fun girl. Did I leave out (natural) beauty? At their age they should know better by now. I hate to think what they were like when they were Gretchen's age.

Life is hard enough and I think Gretchen signed up for the show to have fun and hoping to further her career in the entertainment industry. Sadly, she was linked up with a group of insecure hags.

I wish her the best.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3386773;
    YES you did, in my opinion. see below. its not fair to say something and then completely act like you didn't say it. again, just my opinion.
    Read what I posted:

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3386556;
    I did not fault anyone for actually raising money for a good cause. gret has not raised any money yet. She entered herself in a contest and is now talking about her big ideas.
    Truthfully, I hope she raises the MOST money and I hope she gives it ALL to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
    When and IF she actually raises any money I will then acknowledge it.

FORT Newbie

There are pictures of Gretchen kissing slimey Slade on other sites. Yuck ! Gretchen honey, Slade has no money. No house, no diamonds.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Then obviously she isn't in it for the money like everyone thought she was with Jeff.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 3Maltese;3387620;
    There are pictures of Gretchen kissing slimey Slade on other sites. Yuck ! Gretchen honey, Slade has no money. No house, no diamonds.
    But Slade DOES hava connections to R-TV!!!! And like they say "Go with the creep. Look over the crop!"

She's going to have to make money somehow!
    Yup, with donuts!!

The majority of people, celebrities or otherwise, don't usually get so into fund raising until it directly affects them. Look at the major charities out there and you'll find that to be the case. Sadly, the celebrity name usually brings in more money than the non-celebrity one. I hope Gretchen raises money for the charity. If she does by being on this show, that is great. Cancer victims will be grateful.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

O.C. Housewife Gretchen & Slade Continue to Heat Up
    March 19, 2009

They were spotted recently snuggling at L.A.’s Gen Art Fall Fashion show. Now Real Housewives of Orange County star Gretchen Rossi and Slade Smiley have taken to cuddling on the open seas. The two were snapped Wednesday on a boat in Newport Beach, Calif., applying suntan lotion on each other and smooching.

Housewives fans will remember Slade as former O.C. Housewife Jo De La Rosa’s ex-fiancé. He also dated another ex-O.C. Housewife, Lauri Waring.

Gretchen is also no stranger to romantic entanglements. After costar Tamra Barney called her out on the season 4 reunion, Gretch denied cheating on her late fiancé Jeff Beitzel (who passed away in September) with a man named Jay Photoglou.
    Link

Closed Thread