Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Gretchen is very polarizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3386174;
    So because Gretchen wasn't Jeff's wife she has a time limit on mourning?

My grandpa died 20 years ago and I still mourn his death I don't go around crying or being sad all the time but I miss him dearly. Just because Jeff's daughter doesn't seem to be mourning doesn't mean she's not.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this post, or it is a response to another post, either way I don't get this post at all. There is not a time limit on how long someone mourns the death of someone (family, friend, lover) they love.
    You're right, there is no time period. But if you read some of the other posts, because she went to a Laker's game, that means her time period of sadness is over? I'm fed up with the way she is being portrayed. She could be crying for him every night but because she is photographed, she's evil and never loved him.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3386301;
    You're right, there is no time period. But if you read some of the other posts, because she went to a Laker's game, that means her time period of sadness is over? I'm fed up with the way she is being portrayed. She could be crying for him every night but because she is photographed, she's evil and never loved him.
    I agree with you on this. Sorry I read your other post wrong.

She should stay in her house until she is completely over him and if she does leave (only for emergencies, of course) she should wear all black and a black veil.

And she was photographed at a Lakers game.....sitting next to Slimey....amongst thousands of other people. What's the big deal?

He could still be gay; she could consider him her gay husband like Jill does on the RHONY and they could both be fans of the Lakers.

They could just be platonic friends. Who knows, maybe she was having a bad day and he took her to the game to cheer her up and take her mind off of things troubling her.

They were at a basketball game! Now if they were arrested for being naked on a beach having hot monkey sex, then there would be a story.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3386456;
    And she was photographed at a Lakers game.....sitting next to Slimey....amongst thousands of other people. What's the big deal?

He could still be gay; she could consider him her gay husband like Jill does on the RHONY and they could both be fans of the Lakers.

They could just be platonic friends. Who knows, maybe she was having a bad day and he took her to the game to cheer her up and take her mind off of things troubling her.

They were at a basketball game! Now if they were arrested for being naked on a beach having hot monkey sex, then there would be a story.
    Judging from the pictures of them at that game they looked totally bored either with the game or each other.

I agree that we never see the "total" person on any of these reality shows. However, I still cannot fault someone who is now trying to raise money for a worthy cause. Whether a person does something for purely altruistic reasons or not, the fact remains that they are still "doing something." How can that be wrong?!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I did not fault anyone for actually raising money for a good cause. gret has not raised any money yet. She entered herself in a contest and is now talking about her big ideas.
    Truthfully, I hope she raises the MOST money and I hope she gives it ALL to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

As for her being with Slade. They have been friends for several years. She knew him before she met jeff. It was slade that was hooking gret up with the first R-TV gig that was shelved when the real estate market crashed. According to the R-TV rags they are hooking up for a spinoff like Jo had.
    Now that I might like her in. I know that I would have liked her in the real estate show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3386456;

No! No! Slade's not gay. I'm certain of it. I think Slade and Gretchen were old chums and co-workers from title insurance days or something. I mean, on "Date My Ex" it was never implied that the candidates had to go through him to get to her in any lurid way, was it? One comment by tamRAAA!

The only person on that show I thought was gay (other than Frankie) was Shane, only he doesn't know it, just like he doesn't know his destiny is to be my boyfriend.

I'll let him figure it out for himself.

I lost my very dear loved one and my friends took me to lunch about a week later and then to a movie. I was still in mourning, but my friends wanted me to see that life is still happening. There are no limits as to time for someone to wait to go out to a ballgame or anything else. maybe her heart is still broken, but she can not sit in the house day after day or evening after evening. trust me when I tell you that the evenings are the way worst time.
    Besides, I think Slade is a good friend of hers. Even if I think he is a geek, he could still be a friend. some of my friends are questionable about being geekie..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3386556;
    I did not fault anyone for actually raising money for a good cause. .
    YES you did, in my opinion. see below. its not fair to say something and then completely act like you didn't say it. again, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3385231;
    [url=http://www.ocregister.com/articles/county-jeff-orange-2326712-rossi-leukemia]
    Most people are nominated for such titles for the work that they have ALREADY accomplished.
    She is just starting to think about putting together a "fundraiser" that is to take place in 6 weeks and be a "big" event that will honor Jeff's memory. Yeah, he was number one in her life.

Closed Thread