Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3384881;
    I guess he's not such a homo after all.
    ...or maybe she's his "beard"...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3384881;
    I guess he's not such a homo after all.
    And she is all done with her "mourning" phase.

Luanne, the classless countess, fired the first shot by implying that Ramona had low morals. Yes, I think Ramona definitely caught the snotty vibe that was thrown her way. "In my world ..." dang, seriously get OVER yourself. Most of us have.

When she realized that Victoria was witnessing the whole thing (and as a mom of teens, I caught a huge whiff of mom embarrassment from V) Ramona apologized to her - and V didn't talk through her apology! (Put that in your book, LU)

Ramona gave about 100 more apologies than I would have to LU, I would have given at most two, then let her stew in her unhappiness.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Why would Gretchen be in mourning so long? She wasn't the wife, but a so-called fiance, since that's the big issue. He died in Sept and his daughter didn't seem to mourn long as I understand she was on some show not too long after. Six months, in today's world is a good enough time to mourn. Anyway, Gretchen is old news.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3385024;
    Why would Gretchen be in mourning so long? She wasn't the wife, but a so-called fiance, since that's the big issue. He died in Sept and his daughter didn't seem to mourn long as I understand she was on some show not too long after. Six months, in today's world is a good enough time to mourn. Anyway, Gretchen is old news.
    Not sure why Gret would be in mourning. She has given interviews and said that she is and that she still wears the ring that she designed and he paid for.
    ALSO she has entered herself in a contest that names the winner as a
    "person of the year". The winner is the one that gets the most donantions for cancer research, A GREAT CAUSE!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3384957;
    And she is all done with her "mourning" phase.
    [mod edit]

Just because someone is at a basketball game or even dating again doesn't mean they aren't mourning
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-19-2009 at 02:06 PM.

FORT Fogey

'Real Housewives' star chases 'Woman of the Year' title | county, jeff, orange, rossi, leukemia - News - OCRegister.com

COSTA MESA – Orange County's newest housewife, Gretchen Rossi, is one of several women vying for the title of "Woman of the Year" through the Orange County and Inland Empire chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
    The women will compete for 10 weeks to raise the most money for cancer research. The biggest earner will win the title.
    Costa Mesa resident Rossi, who joined the hit Bravo show "The Real Housewives of Orange County" in its fourth season, is no stranger to leukemia. Much of her time on the show revolved around her taking care of and coping with fiancé Jeff Beitzel's bout with leukemia.
    Bietzel died shortly after she finished filming for season four.
    Rossi said fund-raising for cancer research isn't important to her only because of what she went through with her fiancé, but that it may change the perception people formed from watching her on TV.
    "About 5 percent of my life is what you saw on TV. Unfortunately the other 95 percent was of what was going on with Jeff that you didn't see," she said. "I wouldn't allow them to film in the hospital. It was just really important to me that Jeff's integrity was upheld during that period."
    Rossi said her fund-raising, which was inspired by her time with Bietzel, will take place both in Orange County and out of state.
    She plans on hosting an event at the St. Regis in Dana Point in the hotel's lounge where people can enjoy drinks and appetizers while bidding on auction items.
    She'll also raise money in Indiana, around the Indy 500 race, although she didn't have many details on what exactly would take place. Bietzel worked in the automotive industry and designed the pace car for the Indy 500.
    "I'm definitely going big," she said. "Jeff never did anything small, and I'm doing this in honor of him."

gret is correct that we only see about 5% of her life on the show. The same goes for the other "wives". So if the 5% we see of gret makes her a saint, then the 95% we DON"T see of the other wives lives can be said to be proof that they are good people too.
    Most people are nominated for such titles for the work that they have ALREADY accomplished.
    She is just starting to think about putting together a "fundraiser" that is to take place in 6 weeks and be a "big" event that will honor Jeff's memory. Yeah, he was number one in her life.

Don't get me wrong. Charities such as the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society need the and deserve everyone's support. But if she were doing it for the cause and not to bring face time for herself she would be doing all of this while laying low. .
    Last edited by PugMum; 03-17-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3385231;
    'Real Housewives' star chases 'Woman of the Year' title | county, jeff, orange, rossi, leukemia - News - OCRegister.com

gret is correct that we only see about 5% of her life on the show. The same goes for the other "wives". So if the 5% we see of gret makes her a saint, then the 95% we DON"T see of the other wives lives can be said to be proof that they are good people too.
    Most people are nominated for such titles for the work that they have ALREADY accomplished.
    She is just starting to think about putting together a "fundraiser" that is to take place in 6 weeks and be a "big" event that will honor Jeff's memory. Yeah, he was number one in her life.

Don't get me wrong. Charities such as the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society need the and deserve everyone's support. But if she were doing it for the cause and not to bring face time for herself she would be doing all of this while laying low. .
    Unkind, meanspirited and jealous behavior is just that- bad behavior- whether its 5% or 100%. That logic does not add up for me- just my opinion. I don't think Gretchen is a saint, I just think she is a heck of a lot nicer than many.

Again, I am absolutely BAFFLED than anyone would choose to view someone working to raise money for cancer in a negative light. Words truly fail me
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-19-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3385024;
    So because Gretchen wasn't Jeff's wife she has a time limit on mourning?

My grandpa died 20 years ago and I still mourn his death I don't go around crying or being sad all the time but I miss him dearly. Just because Jeff's daughter doesn't seem to be mourning doesn't mean she's not.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this post, or it is a response to another post, either way I don't get this post at all. There is not a time limit on how long someone mourns the death of someone (family, friend, lover) they love.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 03-18-2009 at 09:33 AM.

Closed Thread