Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

I totally agree with posters regarding Gretchen not being mean, no matter how provoked. She didn't stoop to their level and her response (or lack thereof) to their treatment of her that we saw over and over this season was what made me like her - she came across to me as a nice, fun gal who gave everyone the benefit of the doubt and above all, was kind.

FORT Fogey

Not just that but the gruesome twosome were mean without being provoked or having much of a reason to be. That's not Ramona-esque foot in mouth disease, that's mean to the bone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;3378198;
    Local videos from Orange County

Bet Vicki is furious she wasn't invited to participate.

There is a video and a link to click on to read the story.
    Really, though, Vicki couldn't be allowed to take part. She'd frighten the drill instructor and that would be bad for national security.

FORT Fogey

Real Housewives‘ Gretchen Denies Cheating on Late Fiancé
    I am SO glad that gretchen has found another way to sell herself.

Quote Originally Posted by socalgal;3379740;
    I totally agree with posters regarding Gretchen not being mean, no matter how provoked. She didn't stoop to their level and her response (or lack thereof) to their treatment of her that we saw over and over this season was what made me like her - she came across to me as a nice, fun gal who gave everyone the benefit of the doubt and above all, was kind.
    And the very reason Tamra and Vicki detest her so much. Well, that, and Gretchen's undeniable natural looks with a body to die for.

Gretchen is someone I would like to have as a friend. I think she would be attentive and trustworthy to the end. Not like Tamra and Vicki who yap to everyone what Gretchen may have told them in secret. A real friend would hold these things sacred and I think Gretchen is that type of girl. I feel sorry for her because she went on this show just like everyone else, to have fun and hopefully it would lead to something more in the entertainment world. I think Jeff was trying to help her:

Gretchen really brought a lot of fun and newness to the show and proved neither Vicki or Tamra could hold a candle to her sense of decency.
    Last edited by Oompaloopa; 03-11-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: The icon didn't work
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;3379807;

Gretchen is someone I would like to have as a friend. I think she would be attentive and trustworthy to the end. Not like Tamra and Vicki who yap to everyone what Gretchen may have told them in secret. A real friend would hold these things sacred and I think Gretchen is that type of girl. I feel sorry for her because she went on this show just like everyone else, to have fun and hopefully it would lead to something more in the entertainment world. I think Jeff was trying to help her:

Gretchen really brought a lot of fun and newness to the show and proved neither Vicki or Tamra could hold a candle to her sense of decency.
    Good points! I do remember that in the first season, Tamra was starting to be sarcastic and such regarding Lauri. She made some ugly comments about her and I believe she changed because Simon warned her that George was a customer and Tamra knew Lauri would have more money once she got married. I wouldn't trust Tamra nor Vicki with anything, anyone, any secret, nothing. They are back stabbers and downright ugly people. Lynne and Frank did nothing to them. They just are mean.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fogey

Looking back just at Season Four, Vicki does put everyone down. While they were mean, it was none of her business how Jeana's kids spoke to her. She inserted herself into how Colton was trying to help his mum avoid overeating (which he'd been asked to do) and then - amazingly - got huffy at a 16 year old for heaven's sake, giving him filthy looks and condescending airs.

She was nakedly jealous of Lauri for having bagged George. She hinted that Gretchen was 'hooking up' with Ryan. She made a huge ridiculous pathetic scene at 'the river' because Frankie was there. (Apparently she owns 'the river' which I'm sure will come as a surprise to the government.) She called everyone other than Tamra 'chubby' and then put her husband down in front of his friends (she does that a lot, and Donn seems to be a great husband.) She really thinks she walks on imported air. Which is sad because she used to be quite likeable - crazy, controlling, driven but sincere. Now she's bat-crap out of control mean.

I swear too, Tamra is weak and wouldn't be as mean if she didn't have Vicki to cover for her and to goad her on.

I think Tamra's true colors came out this season. Vicki and her are two of a kind. Thinking about it, they have similar lazy sons, except Tamra's is far worse. Maybe Vicki should offer him a job and Mikey could train him, the way he did with his friend, Reese on the cruise. They all deserve each other!!!
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I just saw Slade and Gretchen sitting next to each other at the Lakers game,

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3383431;
    I just saw Slade and Gretchen sitting next to each other at the Lakers game,
    Wow! Wonder how Jo feels about that!
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Closed Thread