Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

What keeps nagging at me is that Vicki and Tamra are actually attacking a dead person who is no longer here to set the record straight. Really, Jeff's honor is being attacked together with Gretchen. Jeff would've been paying the bills to his care team, whether they were a staff of RNs or a group from Hooters. Vicki and Tamra stooped to a new low and that wasn't hard when they did this. They are also insulting Jeff's family.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3369751;
    What keeps nagging at me is that Vicki and Tamra are actually attacking a dead person who is no longer here to set the record straight. Really, Jeff's honor is being attacked together with Gretchen. Jeff would've been paying the bills to his care team, whether they were a staff of RNs or a group from Hooters. Vicki and Tamra stooped to a new low and that wasn't hard when they did this. They are also insulting Jeff's family.
    I totally agree with you, even if they are so determined to hate Gretchen, why can't they have some respect or compassion for Jeff's memory and his children? As two women who are mothers, it is truly shocking that they have behaved the way they have and appear to feel totally justified in having done so. hey Vicki and Tamra, How about putting your wacked out sense of righteousness aside for the sake of Jeff's grieving family? And regardless of whatever the truth is about gretchen, I think that it was clear she loved jeff. Takes a pretty cold heartless person to act that way to someone whose loved one has just died.

FORT Regular

That's exactly what's bothered me the most about their accusations! It was so important to them to 'out' Gretchen's alleged lies and lifestyle that it didn't matter who got hurt in the process, whose reputation dragged through the mud, a man not here to address them and his grieving children subjected to fallout from these vicious accusations....

Vicious, ugly, wicked - no excuses, no justification for such reprehensible behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by socalgal;3369894;
    That's exactly what's bothered me the most about their accusations! It was so important to them to 'out' Gretchen's alleged lies and lifestyle that it didn't matter who got hurt in the process, whose reputation dragged through the mud, a man not here to address them and his grieving children subjected to fallout from these vicious accusations....

Vicious, ugly, wicked - no excuses, no justification for such reprehensible behavior.
    Karma exists and these two will not have peace in their lives. I really believe that's their problem: they are so unhappy about everything so they have to pass their negativity on to others. I also don't remember anyone giving Gretchen condolences. My father-in-law passed and we were so thankful to everyone who cared for him professionally. They felt the loss, too, and became like family. I believe that Brianna is affected by the patients she has which is a concept Vicki would never comprehend.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3369988;
    I believe that Brianna is affected by the patients she has which is a concept Vicki would never comprehend.
    That is one of the biggest mysteries of the OC---- how on EARTH did Brianna turn out to be such a lovely person with Vicki as a mother?? Ryan's apple didn't fall too far from the tree, but Brianna is a gem.

Brianna could be like her father and his people which then disputes theories that our socialization forms and shapes us. Or Brianna has decided not to be anything like her mom who, in her strange, middle-school-like behavior, reminds me of Jan Brady when she was so jealous of Marcia. ("Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! What about MEEE,ME!!!")These are just the middle-aged version, drunk, botoxed, and siliconed.
    Last edited by New Mommy; 03-05-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3370127;
    Brianna could be like her father and his people which then disputes theories that our socialization forms and shapes us. Or Brianna has decided not to be anything like her mom who, in her strange, middle-school-like behavior, reminds me of Jan Brady when she was so jealous of Marcia. ("Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! What about MEEE,ME!!!")These are just the middle-aged version, drunk, botoxed, and siliconed.
    ROFL! "Gretchen, Gretchen, Gretchen!!!! Only meeeeee is allowed to like dirty martinis thats MYYYYYYYY thing!!!!!!"

FORT Fogey

I think the idea is that the family (Jeff's) knew that Gretchen was a 'paid caretaker' so wouldn't be upset by anything more than their fib being exploded.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3370066;
    That is one of the biggest mysteries of the OC---- how on EARTH did Brianna turn out to be such a lovely person with Vicki as a mother?? Ryan's apple didn't fall too far from the tree, but Brianna is a gem.
    I'd like to think that Brianna took after the good characteristics of Vicki - the dedication to hard work, the fairness we saw earlier, the desire to see others do well, and not what we've seen lately. Also, in Donn she had a great role model.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3370330;
    I think the idea is that the family (Jeff's) knew that Gretchen was a 'paid caretaker' so wouldn't be upset by anything more than their fib being exploded.
    wrong idea in my opinion. according to Jeff's daughter's interview, they ARE very much upset and offended by it and have every right to be. Whatever the situation was, their dad was a part of it and loved Gretchen there is no need to tarnish his memory.

Closed Thread