Closed Thread

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3361681;
    Vicki didn't just say her girls want to come out to play to just ANYONE for just any reason. It was her BFF's hubby and her BFF wanted Vicki to do something like that so that her hubby would get on camera. So the guy wasn't a stranger she has known him for over 30 years.
    Was it me or did the dh look slightly exasperated, the way a parent might look at an ill-behaving child?

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3362963;
    I wish they would show season 1 again. That is the only one I haven't seen completely. And the other thing is I've never re-watched episodes. Maybe I should do that..
    Ha! Season 1? If you watched that now after watching this season, you'd never guess they were the same people!! It was so posed and subdued! Imagine Jo coming home from 'work' with heels on and letting the dogs out! Or how about Jo giving breathing treatments to Slade's young son? You wouldn't recognize those people then against who they have become in this season. I don't know if it's because they have mutated to believe their own hype or what!

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3361681;
    I don't think anyone cares if Slade and gret get together. They have known each other for several years from working in real estate.
    Vicki didn't just say her girls want to come out to play to just ANYONE for just any reason. It was her BFF's hubby and her BFF wanted Vicki to do something like that so that her hubby would get on camera. So the guy wasn't a stranger she has known him for over 30 years.

PugMum, 2 people have asked you this already, and you haven't answered, and I'll make it 3...how do you know all this information about the OC ladies???

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3363722;
    PugMum, 2 people have asked you this already, and you haven't answered, and I'll make it 3...how do you know all this information about the OC ladies???
    PugMum...mind if I answer? I don't know these people, either, but if you remember the episode where Jo was supposedly filming her music video, Gretchen got a bit part in the video and while she was catching up with Jo, she said that she was friends with both Jo and Slade from the mortgage industry....back in the day....when Jo and Slade actually had real jobs.
    And I think it was Vicki herself who said in her Bonnie Hunt show appearance/interview that she knew Mr. I-think-my-boobies-want-to-come-out-and-play (aka: Bob) from high school and that he was her dear friend's husband. I never see that show...but happened to be home that day...and they brought their special brand of uncomfortableness to that show, too!

Vicki might have told her old friend's husband that her boobies wanted to play, but we don't know what she told that guy in Vegas who was coming on pretty aggressive. She also put her hand up to the camera. I would like to know the extent of that conversation. Maybe she was just telling him how much the women were enjoying their room and the amenities.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MissNomer;3363902;
    PugMum...mind if I answer? I don't know these people, either, but if you remember the episode where Jo was supposedly filming her music video, Gretchen got a bit part in the video and while she was catching up with Jo, she said that she was friends with both Jo and Slade from the mortgage industry....back in the day....when Jo and Slade actually had real jobs.
    And I think it was Vicki herself who said in her Bonnie Hunt show appearance/interview that she knew Mr. I-think-my-boobies-want-to-come-out-and-play (aka: Bob) from high school and that he was her dear friend's husband. I never see that show...but happened to be home that day...and they brought their special brand of uncomfortableness to that show, too!
    Thank you MissNomer.
    Also, I work with a neighbor of one of the "housewives".

FORT Fogey

Crap - it's going to get closed again!

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3364199;
    Crap - it's going to get closed again!
    Nooooooooo...come on, ladies, lets all play nice!! I love this thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3262064;
    Please keep in mind while posting in this thread that:
    • Regular FORT rules apply, so if you are just joining us read the FAQ before posting.
    • We are not interested in fostering any real life connections between FORT posters and the Housewives, so don't post about how you popped in on someone's court appearance or drove by their place and gawked.
    • We absolutely do not want any board drama from other sites. That includes the OC Register. Don't use FORT to gossip about other sites where your comments were deleted - we don't want them either, and we don't want to hear about other sites' moderation policies.
    • Please don't waste your time speculating on whether FORT is threatened with lawsuits by angry Housewives or whomever. It didn't happen in the past, it won't happen now, and it caused a lot of pointless posting that takes away from discussing the show. Let us make it clear in advance: if we close a thread for a few hours it's not because someone threatened to sue if we don't. The people on this show don't have that kind of power, nor does Bravo TV.
    These were the main issues that caused the previous seasons' threads to be shut down. As long as everyone can avoid these pitfalls and can post without insulting other posters, this thread will live long and prosper.
    No problem so far, just a reminder of what killed the last thread.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey

I watched the reunion show on my iPod yesterday evening and I have to say that more and more I actually believe Gretchen. See, for me the big thing was <boyfriend> having gone from 'stalker' to 'family friend.' But honestly the only person who called <boyfriend> a 'stalker' was Tamra reporting what she wanted us to think Gretchen said. Gretchen wasn't shown correcting that characterization of <boyfriend> but the shot was edited. Jeana's comment about <his> clothes being on the floor in Gretchen's bedroom, although suspicious, isn't to me proof; perhaps it was a pool party and he'd changed there. Besides which, I think the fateful laundry evidence was viewed after the passing of Jeff.

I did notice however that Gretchen first said that she wasn't in a 'serious' relationship and then that she wasn't in any kind of relationship. I'd guess that a 'comforting' from an old boyfriend wouldn't qualify in a very careful mind as a 'serious' relationship (<boyfriend> better not expect wedding bells anytime soon) but perhaps a fling only.

What was really sick was the puppetmaster Sicki (oops, Vicki) smiling smugly away next to her. She reminded me of somebody playing a game of "Let's you and she fight."

Closed Thread