Closed Thread
Page 10 of 301 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Re: The Real Housewives of Orange County

Quote Originally Posted by thetortfeasor;3268168;
    She's mentioned a few times throughout the shows that she was previously married twice before.
    I think it was just once before Matt but she did have a LTR with someone else during her Playboy days.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

Wasn't her other long term relationship with Tom Selleck?

I really like Gretchen, but my like for her dulled quite a bit during the scene of her getting her ring delivered. To me, it just re-inforced everything that has been said about her being with Jeff for the money and nothing else. If she truly cared more about Jeff for the man that he is, wouldn't she have brought the box to the hospital so they could have the moment together? I can understand a girl being that excited about that many diamonds on her hand. But that entire scene screamed that the ring matters to her -- not the potential of marriage.

Someone at Bravo deserves an Emmy for the entertaining way the horse races scenes were edited. It was hilarious! I loved the way they made it out to seem so much like a high school cafeteria. Brillant!

I thought Gretchen was so extra excited/proud of the ring because I thought I heard her say that she designed it herself. In that sense, her display made more sense to me.

I mean, the excess and the bling of the gated OC culture is the reason these women got their own TV show. I can't keep second-guessing Gretchen's motives from week to week just because she lets her guard down once in a while and enjoys the lifestyle that Jeff provided for her (especially knowing how it all turned out in the end).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3268336;
    I thought Gretchen was so extra excited/proud of the ring because I thought I heard her say that she designed it herself. In that sense, her display made more sense to me.

I mean, the excess and the bling of the gated OC culture is the reason these women got their own TV show. I can't keep second-guessing Gretchen's motives from week to week just because she lets her guard down once in a while and enjoys the lifestyle that Jeff provided for her (especially knowing how it all turned out in the end).
    I think you make a fair point. To be honest, if it had simply been a diamond ring, and not an engagement ring, I don't think her behavior would have thrown me in the slightest. The only reason it phased me was that to me, an engagement ring holds much deeper meaning as a symbol of the relationship, so for one member of that relationship to be totally void of the moment just didn't feel right. I think that if Gretchen had even mentioned in passing - I wish Jeff could be here for this right now, it would have been totally different.

Jeff was the one who insisted the diamond in the ring be bigger. But I agree with the poster who said Gretchen should have unwrapped the ring at the hospital with Jeff at her side.
    The horse race get together was like a bunch of jealous, petty high schoolers; I can't beleive grown women act that catty. No, maybe I can!
    I can't wait for next weeks show. According to the previews Gretchen get drunk and hits on Tamra's son Ryan! Like Vicki would say: Woo Hoo!

FORT Fogey

Isn't the storyline with Gretchen and Ryan recycled? Didn't we see Jo and Jeanna's son doing the very same thing in the first season? The only difference I could see was that Jo was at a casual pool party, and Gretchen was at a formal dinner party.

I couldn't believe the way Tamra and Vicki behaved toward the other women at the horse race. Seriously, who does that past high school? Sometimes tells me they were the school's mean girls.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3268567;
    I couldn't believe the way Tamra and Vicki behaved toward the other women at the horse race. Seriously, who does that past high school? Sometimes tells me they were the school's mean girls.
    Something tells me they wanted to be the mean girls but were too ugly.

FORT Fanatic

Has anyone else been distracted by a mole on the right side of Jeana's chin? It's not brown but the same color as her skin. I wonder why she doesn't have it removed.

FORT Fogey

Okay I do have to ask what kind of reputable jeweler ships a multi thousand dollar ring through the mail?
    Sure she signed that she received a box but where is the proof that the ring was in the box and all the diamonds are REAL diamonds.
    Something that valuable would be hand delivered by the jeweler if the customer were not able to pick it up in person.
    Too fake.

Closed Thread