+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 409 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3667070;
    re: 1 - she did say that he had a majority of these kids when he was like 19/20 . . . . you know what they say abt being young, dumb, and full of . . . . i don't think that should be the sole criteria opinions of him are based on. now if he's a crappy person on top of the 6 kids/4 mommas, that's a whole other story.

re: 3 - i think that's pretty inappropriate too, but then i think the way kim interacts with her kids is pretty inappropriate. very danielle-esque.
    Not the sole criterion but a big one. One kid I could see.

Enough byblows to have a majority, I don't see. I just don't.

I'm sorry but six kids who don't know their dad in my book makes him a crappy person. Certainly it doesn't make him responsible, a fine young man, somebody to be proud to know or welcome into one's family, reliable, an example to hold up.

One is a mistake. Six is a lifestyle.

I know - judgemental. But he could have kept his zip done up, used protection, avoided STDs, whatever. But to bring six people who will have that kind of 'family' (half sib all over, four co-mammas maybe, or four squabbling wrecks, and now yet another co-mommy with a preexisting kid) is not fair.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3667078;
    what now? i clearly missed something . . . . did he have penile enlargement surgery or something???? he is very weird and over the top. while i find his guest spots on this show amusing, i really don't think i could stomach a whole show of him.
    Yes he did get his bits enlarged.

And apparently we all needed to learn that startling fact about him on national TV. It was charming to say the least.

Thank God Andy (so handsome) Cohen (who seems to be stacking his cocktail hour with the gays, doesn't he? Flipping Jeff, Dwight, Anderson Cooper ) didn't ask for more details than he did and was provided with.

Did you see him flirting like a Brad to a MaxMax over Bristol Palin's babydaddy?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3668272;
    Yeah! Go to West Hollywood! "Dwights" are a dime a dozen! I've had too many "Dwights" in my life to find him that unique or charming. He's OK but I don't wait for his screen time.
    I hear a lot of self-loathing in him (i.e., I'm putting humor aside). God knows what it was like for him as a youngster being gay and black in the South but it probably wasn't too supportive, affirming, or even safe an environment. What else would drive him to have a penile enhancement, or try so hard to overcompensate by being so utterly 'fabulous?'

I can see him, at sixty, seventy, being one of those bitter old queens sitting around leering at young men and starting every sentence with "Well, in MY day, honey, I remember..." and not being able to remember a day when he was comfortable in his own skin.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3668867;
    I'm sorry but six kids who don't know their dad in my book makes him a crappy person. Certainly it doesn't make him responsible, a fine young man, somebody to be proud to know or welcome into one's family, reliable, an example to hold up.
    Well, where does it say they don't know him? Maybe I missed it.

Like I said, the question goes beyond the six kids, into the circumstances surrounding them, what he has done since.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3668175;
    I'm not ,by any means, trying to put down "real" housewives. It is a lot of work and they certainly earn their keep. The problem is that it doesn't qualify them for anything else. If the marriage breaks up they are out of work. Alimony and child support don't last forever. There is also the emotional part of it. Betty Broderick comes to mind. Put her husband through medical school. Pretty, perfect wife and soccer mom. Husband dumps her for the new assistant. She never knew what hit her! She ended up killing them! Now most wives don't go to that extreme but that's how depressed women feel if their husband dumps them for a new model. Most women don't live the extreme lifestyles that these women do. These women aren't just trying to survive like most people. They are trying to find ways to make money that will give them a millionaire lifestyle with absolutely NO qualifications. Short cut to being a singer, short cut to being a designer.
    Boy am I learning that lesson right now. I knew I shouldn't have put off my school to take care of the kids and let him go to school. Now I have nothing but the kids, while he's off with some homewrecker. Never again will I rely on another man for support.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did you marry early?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tears.and.rain
    "Well, where does it say they don't know him? Maybe I missed it.

Like I said, the question goes beyond the six kids, into the circumstances surrounding them, what he has done since."

I was also wondering if I missed them talking about him having STDs?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

No, I had got my Associate's degree before I joined the Air Force. But I once I got out I had planned on going back to school to become an RN. But then the kids came and he started school, so I was home taking care of everything. I know I have a head start since I already have some schooling (and the GI Bill to pay for my schooling), but still have no source of income (until things are decided in court).

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3667764;
    Can we please just let this go and move on? Enough, already! Let's play nice!
    Gladly on my end. I'm done with this. As I said ALL of us are entitled to our opinion just as each of us is entitled to disagree without a dress=down.
    I'm assuming we are all adults????
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3668872;
    Yes he did get his bits enlarged.

And apparently we all needed to learn that startling fact about him on national TV. It was charming to say the least.

Thank God Andy (so handsome) Cohen (who seems to be stacking his cocktail hour with the gays, doesn't he? Flipping Jeff, Dwight, Anderson Cooper ) didn't ask for more details than he did and was provided with.

Did you see him flirting like a Brad to a MaxMax over Bristol Palin's babydaddy?
    Did he mention on the show that he had an enlargement? Or was it on that late show with Andy Cohen?

I agree that Dwight can be funny, but he is way too over the top to be on screen for more than a few minutes. I am still laughing over the penile enlargement. I realize women get breast enhancements all the time. And I am not applying a double standard here. I just don't see why most of these people get enlargements. I just think they usually look so fake, because people go Too big.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

maybe i'm not clear on the situation, but i thought it was said that he does know/care for/interact with all the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3668867;
    Not the sole criterion but a big one. One kid I could see.

Enough byblows to have a majority, I don't see. I just don't.

One is a mistake. Six is a lifestyle.

I know - judgemental. But he could have kept his zip done up, used protection, avoided STDs, whatever. But to bring six people who will have that kind of 'family' (half sib all over, four co-mammas maybe, or four squabbling wrecks, and now yet another co-mommy with a preexisting kid) is not fair.

+ Reply to Thread