+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 407 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Like Tree1406Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3665067;
    exactly. i really don't think these women could do anything "right" in the eyes of some of the people that post here. i don't know what exactly these people think they should have done/should be doing. i know if i am fortunate enough to marry someone who has an income that allows me to stay home and keep the house and raise the kids, i'll do so with bells on.
    I'm with ya on that one!!!!!! I'll be the first to admit I couldn't give you a definitive answer on what socioeconomic status means.....can only guess. And if you do find someone who can allow you to be home and raise kids etc....I'll be the first one to tell you how happy I am for you.(and that is not to be read as snark) I still stand by my earlier words of if you can do that and you want to do that...whether it's the woman or the man, then have at it. But if you wish to continue in your line of work be it selling high end real estate or cleaning sewers.....then that's your choice as well.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

Sheree is the one that is the liar and she quietly does so to each other housewife...just depends on who she likes that day. Remember how quickly and slyly she turned Kim and Nene apart? Then she denies Kim and wants Nene back. She is sly and mean. Sheree came off like a ban'shee' at the event planner...I don't know all the facts, but 'ladylike' she was not...maybe he needed to be screamed at like a wild woman who has no class or verbage enough to fight a good fight....she looked like some low class hooking girl.....that has the strongest neck vessels I have ever seen...LOL...the guy was a complete idiot and he deserved more....but I wish Sheree would have handled herself in a more lady like manner....the event planner was a tool......and sheree could have come away looking classier than she deserved, but she fed into that backwoodsy way of handleing things....Loser to both.

Since this is my first season watching, my favorite is Kandi - the singer. She presents herself well and isn't a drama queen.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

I don't understand NeNe's constant attacks on Kim, for being "friends", they sure don't act like it. NeNe discussed her upcoming book on Watch what happens live, in the book she writes that Kim has no job and her income comes from other women's husbands.
    Now, I'm pretty sure Big Poppa isn't providing her income, she's supported from the $ of her past husband. And... does NeNe have a job? I'm not sure, but if she doesn't, she has no right speaking of being jobless and living a lavish lifestyle.
    All of these women would be on the streets if it weren't for their husbands' money, who are they trying to kid.
    Oh, and Kim accused NeNe of cheating with a NFL player. If it's true... it truly would be the irony of all ironies.

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3666742;
    All of these women would be on the streets if it weren't for their husbands' money, who are they trying to kid.

we had pages and pages of discussion on this subject a couple of pages back. And I still strongly disagree. I do not think if Kandi or Lisa were suddenly husbandless (wait, Kandi isn't even married yet) tomorrow with none of their man's money, that they would see much of a decline in their lifestyle.

As for Sheree and NeNe, yes, their marrieages definitely gave them a big boost in socioeconomic status. but both of them were apparently on their own before they met their husbands (or Ex in Sheree's case) and I haven't read anything about either one of them being homeless in their past.

I think Kim may be the only one of the bunch you might be correct about

Hello...... The show is called "The Real Housewives" NOT the "Real Women Professionals". I've always wondered why they've had women on these show that are by NO MEANS a "housewife". Not that a woman can't do both but most women, who have careers, don't call themselves housewives. I say "kudos" to any housewife who starts a career or at least tries while married because those who don't, find themselves in a bad place if the marriage breaks up. Do these women make as much money as the men in their lives? NO. The only "Housewives" who make more money than their spouses are(I think, but please correct me , if I'm wrong) Vickie and Jeanna (maybe not her anymore) from OC and everyone has picked on Vickie for being a workaholic and too driven. (I just remembered Kandi) See what being a successful woman gets you! I can't take ANY of these "housewives" seriously when they talk about designing jewelry or clothing. Do they realize that people actually go to college to learn design? Lynn (OC)and Laurie (OC) think that they can glue crystals onto a leather band and WOW they're designers! Sheree and Lisa draw a few crummy pictures and now they're clothing designers! It's so funny! Oh yeah and now Kim's a wig designer. She may put her name on a line from an existing company but she knows NOTHING about how a wig is constructed. Plenty of women have helped put a husband through college. Most of the time it's the husband that ends up with a degree, not the wife. They've gone to work, cleaned the house and taken care of the kids during tough times and end up with nothing for themselves! What I would like to see is some of these women go back to school instead of trying to take "short cuts" trying to use these shows to get their names out there. For now, if the agreement they have with their spouses is that the husband supports them then fine. Nothing wrong with that but it just isn't a wise choice.

tvaholic, lots good points in your post, especially about a formal education/background vs. being crafty or lending your name to something that's been developed by someone else (just remembered we could add beauty treatment lines to that list, too - was that NJ & OC?).
    And I get your point about the importance of a woman being able to support herself, and I honestly don't take offense at the comment about how it can be unwise for a wife to totally depend on her husband for financial support - that's good, sound advice; BUT (and this is surely one of those things where I read into a comment based on my perspective) as a stay-at-home-mom I just feel compelled to stress that providing "support" in a marriage means a lot of things (not just financial) - especially when raising children.
    Last edited by coltnlasma; 08-18-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    remember to play

FORT Fanatic

DeShawn (RHOA) did have a degree, and was working on her master's during the reunion show. I don't know if she ever used her degree to earn an income.

Saw Kim and the girls on Ryan Seacrest show, and she and NoNo were yelling mostly NoNo. Ryan asked if she was going to press charges against NoNo, but she couldn't answer due to advice from attorney. Noticed NoNo sat by Sheree, Lisa in the middle, then Kandi then Kim. Said Kim had to leave via a separate entrance.

Kim's "hair" looked different, looked flat-ironed, but so much make-up.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3664418;
    Seems to me the important thing is, does he support his kids? Does he try to be a good father to them? Do the children's mothers have drama between each other, or with him? Is there history of the situation(s) being volatile? That's probably where Kandi is coming from, but a mother's job is to go beyond that, and see the potential for trouble. It's just a hard situation, and I feel for them both. I really hope they can work it out.

Somehow, I feel that Sheree is orchestrating all of this drama between Nene and Kim. Not that I think Kim is innocent, nor is Nene, but I think Sheree definitely is manipulating who gets what information. Maybe she saw that public opinion really didn't swing her way after Season 1 and thought dropping Kim would be the best way to remedy that.

I think they are mostly just all ridiculously childish and mean, with the exception of Lisa (maybe) and Kandi.
    1) Why isn't the important question - is the baby daddy married to the baby momma? Second, what does it say about him that he fertilized so many different soils?

2) I think that Sheree and Lisa are instigators. Lisa likes to play "Let's you and her fight."

3) It worries me that Kim's kids think of Nene as a second mommy and love her so much and then see her telling their mommy to 'close her legs to married men' and calling her a 'trash box.' (Or whatever it is.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3666742;
    I don't understand NeNe's constant attacks on Kim, for being "friends", they sure don't act like it. NeNe discussed her upcoming book on Watch what happens live, in the book she writes that Kim has no job and her income comes from other women's husbands.
    Now, I'm pretty sure Big Poppa isn't providing her income, she's supported from the $ of her past husband. And... does NeNe have a job? I'm not sure, but if she doesn't, she has no right speaking of being jobless and living a lavish lifestyle.
    It used to be scandalous if the wife 'had' to work.

Now it seems nearly so if the wife does not.
    Last edited by AngloAm; 08-18-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: correct a quote tag

+ Reply to Thread