+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 418 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Like Tree1588Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

It took me a little bit, too! Looking at the context in which it was used helped me out. We live in such an "initial society", anymore.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by newshound;3663470;
    Bunny555, yes, Kandi's mom doesn't like that her fiancee has so many children. She said she's worried that it will cause a lot of drama for Kandi to have to deal with other baby mamas. I believe they said her fiance has 6 children, but I don't know that they've said how many baby mamas are involved.
    I think there are 4 mamas
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

There is an article in People magazine about our housewives. Maybe it is just the picture, but has Kim gotten lip injections? I swear they looked very inflated--and not in a good way. I would like to see her without her makeup on out of curiosity. My guess is she would wipe off the 10 extra years she adds on to her age and might actually look decent.

FORT Regular

Well, whether you meant it to or not, throwing that fact about Lisa in at the time you did could easily come off as you using that to support Jexter's point that the women don't really support themselves, which, IMO is inaccurate. I'm not judging or anything, but can you see how that could be misinterpreted pretty easily?
    Seriously? I cannot believe the continued controversy my post has created. To recap: In response to Jexter's statement that these women (with the potential exception of the new cast member) derived their socioeconomic status from their significant others, MsDiva2007 noted that Lisa was a licensed real estate agent prior to marrying her current dh. I merely noted that Lisa was married to her ex-dh at the time of earning the license. It's a fact, regardless when inserted into the conversation & whether it supports Jexter's assertion.

Just to clarify, Jexter's point was NOT that "these women don't really support themselves" (meaning they don't have successful careers/provide income to their families) as you stated, rather that they were initially/are recognized as upper class based on the profession &/or recognition of their athlete/musician/wealthy spouses. Again, I NEVER stated & certainly don't believe that gaining increased socioeconomic status from marriage or finding professional success while married is morally or legally wrong or in any way, shape, or form considered "bad." That "misinterpretation" was made by posters, like you, who read their perspective into my words.

FORT Regular

Sure, Kim was cheating with a married man, but the man also was a willing participant in it. The outrage over Kim's actions and calling her a "whore" would make you think Kim's the only one involved. Judging by BP's looks... let's just say, he's no looker. He knows his $ is the only thing Kim liked about him, and he was OK with that. If his wife is aware of the "other woman" and is still with him, good for her, however, I refuse to feel sorry for her. Hard to have respect for someone who doesn't have any for herself. So, whatever.

I like Kandi's addition to the show as well, I also liked her voice when she was recording in the studio. However, I think she's only marrying the man to get a father figure in her daughter's life. He can still be in her daughter's life without getting married, what's the rush ... I don't understand.

right . . . . i agree with everything you said.

LOL, strangely enough, i saw a commercial for some hollywood husbands show this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3658511;
    No problem....I can't always keep track of everything on here either. I do enjoy your posts though....very thoughtful.
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around that "adultery without permission" thing though. I have posted MHO already so I guess I will just let it go.
    I have to agree with buttahfly on a couple of points.....how does anyone truly know what the housewives socioeconomic status was before they got on the show. And why does it bother some that they "networked" after they got married and moved up on the social scale? Were they just supposed to fade into the background and do nothing???? As I said before, especially in these tough economic times, you have to use any legal advantage you can to get ahead....whether it be using you husband's contacts to further your career or asking friends and neighbors for job leads/references etc....and if some of them don't have to work or choose not too due to their husband's financial status...well good for them. Unfortunately, I am not in that position and I am fairly certain most of the U.S.A. isn't either. One more thing before I get bashed on this one.....if it was the other way around and the wife made more money and the husband could choose to work or not....that would be fine as well.

exactly. i really don't think these women could do anything "right" in the eyes of some of the people that post here. i don't know what exactly these people think they should have done/should be doing. i know if i am fortunate enough to marry someone who has an income that allows me to stay home and keep the house and raise the kids, i'll do so with bells on.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3660325;
    People do change and grow and develop as they get older, you know. They make decisions to do things in their lives that they may not have been doing before they were married...like go back to school and try to get that degree...they make all kinds of life decisions...just like we all do. It would be a sad, sad state if we stayed in one place for our entire lives and did nothing differently.

And if these women's husbands aren't complaining about their wives leading the lives they lead, why should anyone care? Men are big on showing that they can provide for their women and their families; it's a part of who they are. If it works for them, it works for me. I think that there is jealousy/envy in complaining about people who are able to do things that not everybody can do. Being married and raising children is a serious job within itself.

LOL, my bad. that abbreviation was the nerdy social science major in me coming out.

i actually am pretty amused because i really don't get the impression that there is even a clear understanding of socioeconomic status and what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3660448;
    shorthand for "socioeconomicstatus". I didn't know what it was at first either....I had to stop and think about...I'm such a

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When you've got big money, you don't have to be good-looking to land women/men.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

i don't think it's a lace front because of that lock of real hair she always has pulled out in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3662527;
    My guess is its a lace front wig that is attached with glue.

+ Reply to Thread