+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 407 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Like Tree1407Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Oh God! I was afraid that Lisa and Nene were going to get into a fight with the woman at the housewarming party. Even I couldn't take ANOTHER spat! These "wives" are walking around with big old chips on their shoulders. You can take the girls out of the strip clubs but you can't take the strip clubs out of the girls! I like Kandi even more after this show. The fact that she watches what she drinks because she doesn't want to lose control is admirable. She seems pretty sweet and surprisingly innocent considering that she's in the entertainment industry. She just has bad taste in men. BRAVO must stock ALL of the housewives homes with liquor just to keep them all "juiced up" for the cameras. It sure makes for good TV.

I haven't seen all of the episodes so I'm wondering, what is Kandi's mom's issue with her fiance? Is it because he has a slew of kids?

I keep watching the old ones(since I missed them) and now the new ones....so I am behind a little bit. I watched the reunion show and SKim said something about she had cancer but then the other women called her out on it and it seemed like she backed off of that. So was that a sympathy play or did she really have it? If she was using it for sympathy, that is the lowest form of pond scum(cleaned that up) that I could possibly think of. Sorry for not keeping better track of this.
    ITA about the chips on their shoulders. All of the housewives shows they seem to think they are entitled whether from being wealthy or being on t.v. not sure but these gals are
    really playing that angle up. NYC especially seem to think that they deserve more whenever something comes up and I won't even start on the Dimwit(kelly). She is just clueless in N>Y.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3663186;
    I haven't seen all of the episodes so I'm wondering, what is Kandi's mom's issue with her fiance? Is it because he has a slew of kids?
    Bunny555, yes, Kandi's mom doesn't like that her fiancee has so many children. She said she's worried that it will cause a lot of drama for Kandi to have to deal with other baby mamas. I believe they said her fiance has 6 children, but I don't know that they've said how many baby mamas are involved.

There are 4 baby mama's involved

Kandi's mom has every right to be concerned, since her fiance has 6 kids and 4 baby mamas. But Kandi is a grown woman and her mom should allow her to make her own choices and be there for her should this choice blow up in her face

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3663450;
    I keep watching the old ones(since I missed them) and now the new ones....so I am behind a little bit. I watched the reunion show and SKim said something about she had cancer but then the other women called her out on it and it seemed like she backed off of that. So was that a sympathy play or did she really have it? If she was using it for sympathy, that is the lowest form of pond scum(cleaned that up) that I could possibly think of. Sorry for not keeping better track of this.
    ITA about the chips on their shoulders. All of the housewives shows they seem to think they are entitled whether from being wealthy or being on t.v. not sure but these gals are
    really playing that angle up. NYC especially seem to think that they deserve more whenever something comes up and I won't even start on the Dimwit(kelly). She is just clueless in N>Y.
    Yeah, Gandolf, she was alluding to having cancer....but it was not cancer. Just some mystery illness. I wonder if she didn't develop alopecia. I know a woman that developed it after giving birth to her first child. She came home from the hospital and her hair started falling out! Another woman I know developed it when under stress from a nasty divorce/child custody deal.

With SKim....who knows!

About the "I deserve" attitude....I have noticed that said on EVERY one of the RH franchises. At least one of them will sit there and state that they deserve something. Drives me nuts, but I do crack up now whenever I hear anyone say that they deserve something because it really does remind me to the housewives!

FORT Fogey

Well, whether you meant it to or not, throwing that fact about Lisa in at the time you did could easily come off as you using that to support Jexter's point that the women don't really support themselves, which, IMO is inaccurate. I'm not judging or anything, but can you see how that could be misinterpreted pretty easily?

Kandi's mom has every right to be concerned, and Kandi has every right to be disappointed with that. It seemed to me that her mother, as mothers so often do, didn't want to hear what Kandi had to say about him and made up her own mind based solely on the circumstances surrounding his other kids. Seems to me the important thing is, does he support his kids? Does he try to be a good father to them? Do the children's mothers have drama between each other, or with him? Is there history of the situation(s) being volatile? That's probably where Kandi is coming from, but a mother's job is to go beyond that, and see the potential for trouble. It's just a hard situation, and I feel for them both. I really hope they can work it out.

Somehow, I feel that Sheree is orchestrating all of this drama between Nene and Kim. Not that I think Kim is innocent, nor is Nene, but I think Sheree definitely is manipulating who gets what information. Maybe she saw that public opinion really didn't swing her way after Season 1 and thought dropping Kim would be the best way to remedy that.

I think they are mostly just all ridiculously childish and mean, with the exception of Lisa (maybe) and Kandi.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3664409;
    Yeah, Gandolf, she was alluding to having cancer....but it was not cancer. Just some mystery illness. I wonder if she didn't develop alopecia. I know a woman that developed it after giving birth to her first child. She came home from the hospital and her hair started falling out! Another woman I know developed it when under stress from a nasty divorce/child custody deal.
    With SKim....who knows!

About the "I deserve" attitude....I have noticed that said on EVERY one of the RH franchises. At least one of them will sit there and state that they deserve something. Drives me nuts, but I do crack up now whenever I hear anyone say that they deserve something because it really does remind me to the housewives!
    I am one of the people who develops alopecia areata when under stress. I when I first had a really horrible case when my mother was dying and I was in a really crappy marriage. After she was gone, my hair fell out to the point where I looked like I was undergoing chemotherapy. I went to a full wig. I began seeing a dermatologist and under going multiple scalp injections every month...no fun. My hair eventually grew back in...fully...but it is a recurring problem, though not to the extent of the first time. My son is driving me crazy right now, and I'm off to get shots on Friday. What a drag...but at least it is reversible.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3660448;
    shorthand for "socioeconomicstatus". I didn't know what it was at first either....I had to stop and think about...I'm such a
    thank you
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

+ Reply to Thread