+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 404 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190 ... LastLast
Like Tree1357Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Then explain it to me....cuz evidently I don't understand why using contacts you made after marriage to get ahead is wrong...

...and wtf does her getting a real estate license while married to sweat have to do with the price of tea in china? do you think he bought it for hewr or something?
    As I previously stated, I merely noted that Lisa was married when she became a licensed real estate agent, thus supporting Jexter's argument (as I quoted) that these women found success while/after married to men of (& thus achieving by association) high socioeconomic status. I was not making a judgement about these women. I've never stated that professional networking or success is morally or legally wrong & certainly never implied that Lisa's success was bought by her ex-dh.

are you for real? how do you know what these women's SES was before they met their husbands?
    Again, I was merely noting that Lisa's real estate license was obtained while married which seemed to support Jexter's assertion (as I quoted).

i'm still trying to figure out how you are determining what any of their SES was prior to marriage.
    Again, in regard to Lisa & her real estate license, it's a fact that she was wealthy artist Keith Sweat's wife (married in 1992) before becoming a real estate agent (1998). Thus, she was considered high class based on his success before selling real estate herself.

tho their behavior may be "less-than affluent/classless", i def think that it is more of a reflection of the kind of person who would be on reality tv more than the origins of their SES.
    IMHO it's likely one-in-the-same. In my experience, if people are raised with uber-wealth/inherited money, it's a way of life, not something they must announce.

But Jexter's original statement, before he was told differently by people who have actually watched a few episodes of this show, was that the rest of them are 'no different than Kim'
    Thanks for the clarification; perhaps this is the reason for our disconnect. As previously quoted & specifically stated, I was responding to Jexter's assertion that it appeared cast members' socioeconomic success (with the exception of Kandi) was derived from that of their partners.
    Last edited by *angela; 08-12-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Ok I found this interesting. I wondered who Kim's ex was so I googled him!

And this was the first site I came upon:

The Real Lives of the Real Housewives of Hotlanta « Words Without Sound

(DISCLAIMER: This post is not of my doing. I found this on another blog and found it quite interesting and wanted to re-post it. How true it is, I don’t know. This post is a replacement of the original one I had here which, after reading this, I found the other to probably be more contrived and thus, replaced it.)

Kimberleigh Zolciak (White Girl on RHA): Divorced husband Daniel Toce on 2/11/03. Daniel is a 70 (seventy) multi-millionair from CT. Child Support for both children exceed $30k per month. Her alimony is $250k a year. She has no interest in remarrying…. because it cuts off her alimony. Those are facts… speculation is “Big Papa” is a black athlete who is married.

Lisa Wu (Lisa Hartwell Chinese/Black): Was Keith Sweat’s ex-wife. They have two kids (13 year old Jordan and 10 year old Justin). Keith Sweat went to court in Altanta and was given custody of both kids after Lisa was found to be an unfit mother. She NEVER appealed the ruling. She borrowed $150k from Keith Sweat to start a film a movie she never made. He sued her in court and won.

NeNe: NeNe is a former stripper who came across Greg and rocked his world in the bedroom. He gives her everything because he thinks he would have a hard time trying to find someone to freak him out the way she does. She is tacky and the other ladies really don’t care to much for her. She is reallly not their cup of tea, which is obvious. So her being real, is just really her being her tacky, ghetto fabulous self.

Sheree: Sheree is indeed a has been and trying to rest on what she once was, GORGEOUS. She is obviously on a slight case of steroids and needs to back off a little bit. She seems bitter about her divorce and feels the need to be a bitch to try in relish in what she once had with her husband. He is the nicest man and that divorce was due to her bad attitude, and yes, some of his cheating ways….Therefore, she is desperately seeking a settlement of 7 figures. Face it, he is no longer playing anymore so I doubt that will happen. So I pray her career takes off with her clothing line. Bob Whitfield currently makes $250k a year…. and does NOT have 7 figures anywhere.!

Deshawn Snow: Seems okay… college sweetheart of Eric… and not into tomfoolery.

That was fun reading! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3659750;
    Kimberleigh Zolciak (White Girl on RHA): Divorced husband Daniel Toce on 2/11/03. Daniel is a 70 (seventy) multi-millionair from CT. Child Support for both children exceed $30k per month. Her alimony is $250k a year. She has no interest in remarrying…. because it cuts off her alimony.
    That's the right name but the wrong guy. Kim was married to that man's son.

I hate gold diggers

how old is Kim really?

what is Sheree's occupation (pre clothing line)?

is NeNe's husband her daddy's childhood friend...how old is that cat?

Lisa has an actual job at least, isn't the real estate thing basically the only income right now... i don't think the football player has an actual job at the moment (could be wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by *angela;3659176;
    As I previously stated, I merely noted that Lisa was married when she became a licensed real estate agent, thus supporting Jexter's argument (as I quoted) that these women found success while/after married to men of (& thus achieving by association) high socioeconomic status. I was not making a judgement about these women. I've never stated that professional networking or success is morally or legally wrong & certainly never implied that Lisa's success was bought by her ex-dh.

Again, I was merely noting that Lisa's real estate license was obtained while married which seemed to support Jexter's assertion (as I quoted).

Again, in regard to Lisa & her real estate license, it's a fact that she was wealthy artist Keith Sweat's wife (married in 1992) before becoming a real estate agent (1998). Thus, she was considered high class based on his success before selling real estate herself.

IMHO it's likely one-in-the-same. In my experience, if people are raised with uber-wealth/inherited money, it's a way of life, not something they must announce.

Thanks for the clarification; perhaps this is the reason for our disconnect. As previously quoted & specifically stated, I was responding to Jexter's assertion that it appeared cast members' socioeconomic success (with the exception of Kandi) was derived from that of their partners.
    Evidently there is a huge disconnect on all that you agreed with ......
    By agreeing with Jexter's post, it reads as though you think it's a bad thing that some of these women achieved their success after they were married.
    It's possible that isn't what he/she meant either but it is the way the majority of us read it otherwise there would not have been so much backlash on it. Bottom line who really cares at what point in their lives they got to be successful....we wouldn't be watching if they had minimal wage jobs and were living the way that most of us do. It is their over-the-top lifestyle and attitudes that draw us in and make the show(s) the success that they are.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

People do change and grow and develop as they get older, you know. They make decisions to do things in their lives that they may not have been doing before they were married...like go back to school and try to get that degree...they make all kinds of life decisions...just like we all do. It would be a sad, sad state if we stayed in one place for our entire lives and did nothing differently.

And if these women's husbands aren't complaining about their wives leading the lives they lead, why should anyone care? Men are big on showing that they can provide for their women and their families; it's a part of who they are. If it works for them, it works for me. I think that there is jealousy/envy in complaining about people who are able to do things that not everybody can do. Being married and raising children is a serious job within itself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

I think in my original post Kim was married to Daniel Jr. The father is a multi-millionaire. We know that Lee is not a black athlete, but a real-estate developer/strip club owner. Sheree has been married to 2 athletes (mathis & whitfield) I think they both played on the same team (different times). Lisa does have a jewelry line Wu Girls on top of her real-estate.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

What is "SES"? Thanx
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha;3660436;
    What is "SES"? Thanx
    shorthand for "socioeconomicstatus". I didn't know what it was at first either....I had to stop and think about...I'm such a
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

+ Reply to Thread