+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 379 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree987Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;3216940;
    So you think they're REAL nasty, insecure snobs?
    And what does being loud have to do with having a stank attitude?
    I don't see the "stank" attitude some people see. I see women being women. We women tend to be Catty by nature. So what they like to flaunt the things they have? I don't see them as being insecure. I see them just being who they are women. People all over the country no matter what race, creed or color are about "Keeping up with the Jonese's"

I don't take issue with them spending excessively its their money to do with what they will while they have it. These ladies binge shopping benefits the economy so let them do their worse and they probably will. I plan to watch with my girls and lmao at the drama of it all.

This really is good gossip at the beauty salon let me tell ya,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3208115;
    I don't think you can assume that. It's possible, but you can't make broad assumptions w/o really knowing more details.

He could be a well-known politician or local personality who isn't married, but doesn't want to be involved in a low-class reality show. Not everyone wants to have their lives & faces plastered on tv like that.

Look what happened to Bethany's boyfriend. He got fired, though I don't think it was related to the show.
    Kim lives down the street from a friend. Big Pappa is married. He is Mid-Eastern and is in commercial real estate. She receives $350K a year from him, and receives fresh flowers every week. When she puts out her trash, there are Gucci and Prada bags left outside the bins and her discarded flowers are on top for the world to see. When Atlanta was in the midst of a severe drought, she had workers at her townhome washing her cars.
    Kocktail Kat

FORT Newbie

nene took the high road. even though she's a hot mess waiting to happen, i love me some nene.

FORT Fan

If you thought Quinn from Orange County had nasty cleavage, look at Kim! Gross.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Kim is so busy trying to be her daughter's friend. I can see that the daughter would prefer a mother to a friend; Kim is sending some really messed up messages to her daughter. Everything Kim (and Nene) do is about them....not their children. Felt sorry for Nene's son. She's loud and needs to call attention to herself. When do they get it that it's the kids' time...not the mothers'? I thought that Nene made a fool of herself at the college.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3217561;
    I thought that Nene made a fool of herself at the college.
    I completely agree--I felt vicariously embarrassed for her son! Imagine having to live down her antics on the day he moves into the dorm. Kim (that's the blonde one, right?) is a hot mess. She makes Lauri look like the epitome of classiness. No eleven year old should have a purse worth $1600 (or whatever that LV bag costs), even if you have money to burn. For now (and my opinion shifts throughout these RH seasons) I'm liking the real estate lady. She has a lot going on, but seems to have a real business perspective. I'm just still disgusted by the money spent on the birthday party. But then, I was disgusted by a co-worker's description of a 4 year old's b-day party with a professional face-painter, photographer, bouncy castle, and magician. Maybe I'm just out of touch and think that all kiddie b-day parties should be like they were back in my day, when we were content with cupcakes and games and home by the end of the afternoon.
    Kids these days!

Ilike the one in Real Estate also. Nene reminds me of a really great friend I have from school, Loud but has your back in a cat fight,lol. I doubt Nene' son is the first one embarassed by his parents and he won't be the last. Most kids embarrass them just for being. I spend money on expensive bags, shoes so that is normal to me.

A Real Housewife Headed for Hollywood? - E! Online

A Real Housewife Headed for Hollywood?
    Today 6:34 PM PDT by Marc Malkin

Watch out, Hollywood: NeNe Leakes is coming your way!

Leakes, one of the five woman featured on Bravo's The Real Housewives of Atlanta, tells me she wants to be in show business.

"I would love to just act. I would love to have my own show," she says. "Yes, honey, The NeNe Show. I want to be like a black Lucille Ball."

Leakes is serious. She's even looking for an agent.

"Honey, I'm coming out for pilot season," she says. "They're not going to hold me back. I'm not waiting a minute!"

For now, Leakes is staying put in Atlanta with her businessman husband, Gregg, and their two sons.

The not-very-soft-spoken Leakes says Gregg has had no problems with cameras following her and her friends 24/7. "My husband is my cheerleader," she says. "He really is. I'm his trophy wife, honey. He lets me do whatever I want to do."

It's that sassy self-assurance that fueled one of the shows first dramaramas when Leakes' name wasn't on the list for fellow Housewife Sheree Whitfield's birthday party. Leakes stormed off after security wouldn't let her in. I won't tell you what happens, but Leakes now hisses, "I just know that she better not ever leave my damn name off of her list again. She better make sure no matter what party she has, that my name needs to be at the top of the list, because I will cause some drama at yo party."

And there's more brewing for Leakes. Bravo is promoting the heck out of a letter she received from a family member questioning if her father really is her father. "You have to tune in to see what happens," Leakes says with a laugh. "But it really could help somebody. I'm sure there are lots of women and men in the world that are in my situation."

---------------------------

Real Housewives of Atlanta Family Drama - E! Online

Real Housewives of Atlanta Family Drama
    Wed., Oct. 8, 2008 2:39 PM PDT by Marc Malkin

The drama on Bravo's new The Real Housewives of Atlanta series began long before the cameras ever started rolling.

Lisa Wu Hartwell, one of the five women showcased in Bravo's latest Real Housewives incarnation, tells me she was hoping to have all three of her children on the show, but her ex-husband, late-'80s R&B hitmaker Keith Sweat, has gotten in the way.

Hartwell and Sweat have two sons together, 13-year-old Jordan and 11-year-old Justin. "He didn't sign a waiver," Hartwell complains. "He's like, 'Lisa, it's nothing personal. I just really don't know how they're going to edit and if they're going to make you look crazy. I just don't want the kids to be, you know, overexposed or anything.' "

Hartwell doesn't buy it. "They asked their dad if could they be involved, and he [said] no," she says. "It could have been a Disney show and I don't think he would have signed it."

An email sent to Sweat through his official website has not been returned.

For now, Hartwell appears on the show as if she only has one child, one-year-old E.J., her son with her current husband, NFL player Ed Hartwell.

So why such a strong desire to have cameras follow her 24/7? Put simply, it's business, baby.

"It was great exposure," Hartwell says.

Not only does she have her own successful real-estate firm, but she also owns children's clothing company Hart 2 Hart Baby and the jewelry line Wu Girls. And that's not all. She's an aspiring actress, painter and writer.

She credits an old friend, Tyler Perry (yes, that Tyler Perry!), with inspiring her to follow her dreams. Years ago, after they collaborated on a couple of projects (Perry directed a play that she wrote), Hartwell says Perry called her one day to say he was giving up on show business because he was done with the struggling.

But after they chatted, Perry decided to keep going. "I use that story often when I'm trying to encourage others," Hartwell said. "You have to stay passionate and just stay focused and not say, It's not going to happen."

Wonder if that determination will change her ex-husband's mind? I have a feeling not.

----------------------------
    If anyone goes to the actual pages listed here, read some of the comments! One posted that Nene actually played a part in Sheree's divorce (by sleeping with her husband) and she also used to be a stripper!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3217576;
    Ilike the one in Real Estate also. Nene reminds me of a really great friend I have from school, Loud but has your back in a cat fight,lol. I doubt Nene' son is the first one embarassed by his parents and he won't be the last. Most kids embarrass them just for being. I spend money on expensive bags, shoes so that is normal to me.
    Yes, my favorite Diva, but you're also not 11 years old!

And I, like you, have a Nene-type friend, too. I really do like her, but she's got issues that make a little of her go a long way with our friends. There are times when we have to take down-times because she is just so over-the-top ridiculous. Definitely a case of "from the sublime to the ridiculous". She's a little hard to "get", but she has a good heart. However, we do remember when she told us that she was dying....and I kid you not. She actually called me and another of our friends, and made the pronouncement. We did what good friends should do, and rallied around our "nutbag buddy"; over a short period of time, it seems that she forgot that she was dying and everything was everything. The other friend finally ripped her a new one for doing that; I haven't really had a lot to do with her since then. Well, she got married (for the 3rd or 4th time)...finally....and no one really hears from her anymore. I guess she doesn't need us anymore. I, for one, am relieved!! But, as a friend, I guess I'd be there for the old hag if she needed me, in the future.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

The identity of Kim Zolciak's Big Poppa/Papa/Popa was uncovered online over the weekend, however, if you try to search if now... his name seems to have disappeared!!! He is a married real estate developer of middle eastern decent who has a son who hangs with Brody Jenner et al. There are/were even a few pics of him (and his wife) online, he's 50+ and still looking good, his wife is very pretty too. Kim must be doing something right
    I seriously doubt he will ever show his face on this show... oddly, he was not mentioned in episode 2! This debacle has to have had some effect on his business and home life. These people must be so dumb to even think they could put the intrigue of the mystery man out there without us internet sleuths figuring it out. Hello???

+ Reply to Thread