+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 379 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188 ... LastLast
Like Tree987Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3656863;
    Thanks, Diva. It just seems weird to me that the article mentioned "children" when they clearly only film the little one.

Does Ed have children from a previous marriage, or is this his first marriage and the little guy is his only child? Hmmmm, will have to pay more attention when I watch this show.
    I'm thinking Lisa is anticipating when her sons come to visit. I don't think Ed has any more children. I think that is why he is pressing so hard to have another child. I wonder if Keith has sole custody or do they share?

Kandi too successful to be dealing with Tiny's leftovers. I understand her man is not paying any child support for those 6 kids.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I had already posted in the thread earlier that Lisa's other two kids live with Dad. He has custody and refused to sign off on them being on the show as they are still minors. But Lisa was still hoping to have them on at some point during this season.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by *angela;3656390;

I'm not in any way, shape, or form implying that a married woman & a "high-class" prostitute are the same. Rather, supporting Jexter's argument that these women, with the exception of Kandi, didn't achieve their socioeconomic status via their own success; it was derived from their partner.
    But Jexter's original statement, before he was told differently by people who have actually watched a few episodes of this show, was that the rest of them are 'no different than Kim'

are you for real? how do you know what these women's SES was before they met their husbands?

and wtf does her getting a real estate license while married to sweat have to do with the price of tea in china? do you think he bought it for hewr or something?

tho their behavior may be "less-than affluent/classless", i def think that it is more of a reflection of the kind of person who would be on reality tv more than the origins of their SES.

Quote Originally Posted by *angela;3654944;
    I agree. Excluding the new housewife, who's a respected songwriter in the music industry & a former member of the group Xscape, the other castmembers achieved their socioeconomic status via their SO/DHs. IMHO this explains their less-than-affluent/classless behavior.

...but while she was married to her now ex-DH, Keith Sweat, whom she divorced in 2003.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3654356;

But yes, you are right. Adultery without permission is wrong.
    I mean, I guess I understand what you're trying to say - some couples do have 'an arrangement' that 'works for them.'

But for many people 'privately acceptable' does not mean 'right.'

And for me, it's still wrong. If you want to take up with Sarah Second, divorce Frieda First beforehand.

I don't know but I bet if Big Poppa's wife had a male Kim himbo on the side he might not be so accomodating of adultery. Somebody younger than him, better looking, maybe better gifted that his wife was lavishing vast sums on? Can you see the average male putting up with that?

right!!!!!!!!

lol @ whining keith sweat. i've never been able to stomach him. he is the begging-est whiniest singer ever.

lol, i'm still trying to figure out why he was singing "there you go telling me no again" at the wedding in new jack city. uhhhhh, safe to assume that if it's a wedding she said yes, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3655074;
    What does being married to Keith have to do with the License? She had to pass the test for the thing and I highly doubt the much whining keith Sweat earned it for her.

lol, apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3655285;
    so let me see if I have this right.

If you marry a man who happens to earn a good living, that automatically makes you a gold digger and you are no different from the little wh*** who gets all of her money on her back with other women's husbands?

perhaps you aren't a christian, but for those that are, adultery is a sin. end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3655787;
    Thanks for getting my pont, Angela!

And in response to others, "adultery without permission" sounded wierd as I typed it, but ... as long as it is mutually agreed upon, if two people agree to be husband and wife in name only and sleep around on the side, then who cares? It might not match what my morals lean to, but as long as they are in agreement and no one is getting hurt, then I don't see the problem.

For Big Poppa to remain in the middle of all this for as long as he has despite breaking up with Kim, I wouldn't be suprised if he and his wife have an arrangment along these lines. Otherwise, I imagine he would have been out of the fray the moment he was revealed as Big Poppa. Pure speculation, of course.

i'm still trying to figure out how you are determining what any of their SES was prior to marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by *angela;3656390;
    No one is arguing otherwise. Jexter's argument was that most cast members didn't have successful careers &/or hadn't achieved their current socioeconomic status prior to marriage. You disagreed, citing Lisa's real estate license obtained before marrying her current dh, Ed Hartwell, as evidence that she had gained success prior to marriage. I was refuting your point, noting the fact she was married to her now ex-dh, wealthy musician Keith Sweat, at the time she obtained her real estate license. She didn't achieve high society by selling multi-million dollar estates, rather by the success & wealth of her then dh.

I'm not in any way, shape, or form implying that a married woman & a "high-class" prostitute are the same. Rather, supporting Jexter's argument that these women, with the exception of Kandi, didn't achieve their socioeconomic status via their own success; it was derived from their partner.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3655083;
    Too funny, I remember everyone always saying he [Keith Sweat] was either whining or begging in all of his songs.
    I do note that Mr. Sweat has custody of his children, including the two sons he had with Lisa....Lost redirect

+ Reply to Thread