+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 418 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast
Like Tree1590Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Saw another story where Big Poppa not only did real-estate, owns several strip clubs.Maybe that's where he met Kim.

Then read that Kandi may be leaving the show, due to a conflict with Nene, something to do with her fiance' AJ. Seems like (and this is so jumbled in my mind) AJ has 6 kids, two of them are with rapper TI's girlfriend Tiny, she and Kandi made most the money with their group Xscape (?). Now where NeNe fits in this I'm not sure, but somehow she fits. (barely)
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

[QUOTE=chitex3;3655827;]Saw another story where Big Poppa not only did real-estate, owns several strip clubs.Maybe that's where he met Kim.

Makes sense but I'd pay Kim to put clothes ON! It would be nice if she topped it off with a nice knit ski mask and a gag!

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=tvaholic;3656022;]
    Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3655827;
    Saw another story where Big Poppa not only did real-estate, owns several strip clubs.Maybe that's where he met Kim.

Makes sense but I'd pay Kim to put clothes ON! It would be nice if she topped it off with a nice knit ski mask and a gag!
    LOL....too funny.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Regular

What does being married to Keith have to do with the License? She had to pass the test for the thing and I highly doubt the much whining keith Sweat earned it for her.
    No one is arguing otherwise. Jexter's argument was that most cast members didn't have successful careers &/or hadn't achieved their current socioeconomic status prior to marriage. You disagreed, citing Lisa's real estate license obtained before marrying her current dh, Ed Hartwell, as evidence that she had gained success prior to marriage. I was refuting your point, noting the fact she was married to her now ex-dh, wealthy musician Keith Sweat, at the time she obtained her real estate license. She didn't achieve high society by selling multi-million dollar estates, rather by the success & wealth of her then dh.

Maybe I missed something somewhere but I too don't understand why being married to an influential/wealthy person makes you a flatbacker.
    I'm not in any way, shape, or form implying that a married woman & a "high-class" prostitute are the same. Rather, supporting Jexter's argument that these women, with the exception of Kandi, didn't achieve their socioeconomic status via their own success; it was derived from their partner.
    Last edited by *angela; 08-12-2009 at 01:17 AM.

FORT Regular

Heard this morning that it is, indeed, a foreclosure, but they have several other properties to move in to, so they are not "up a tree", so to speak.
    IMHO this scenario epitomizes much of what's wrong with our economy. If the Hartwells owned other property, why not sell it (or a couple cars, jewelry, or other luxuries) to pay the mortgage on their primary residence. Because the home lost value & they were presumably upside-down in the mortgage doesn't erase the obligation they committed to when executing the documents at closing!
    Last edited by *angela; 08-12-2009 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by *angela;3656390;
    No one is arguing otherwise. Jexter's argument was that most cast members didn't have successful careers &/or hadn't achieved their current socioeconomic status prior to marriage. You disagreed, citing Lisa's real estate license obtained before marrying her current dh, Ed Hartwell, as evidence that she had gained success prior to marriage. I was refuting your point, noting the fact she was married to her now ex-dh, wealthy musician Keith Sweat, at the time she obtained her real estate license. She didn't achieve high society by selling multi-million dollar estates, rather by the success & wealth of her then dh.

I'm not in any way, shape, or form implying that a married woman & a "high-class" prostitute are the same. Rather, supporting Jexter's argument that these women, with the exception of Kandi, didn't achieve their socioeconomic status via their own success; it was derived from their partner.
    Really? Then explain it to me....cuz evidently I don't understand why using contacts you made after marriage to get ahead is wrong. Who hasn't? If you made your way in life before you got married...good for you. If because you got married it put you in touch with people that could make you more successful...that's even better. If after you got married, you found a job/vocation/avocation that fits in with your schedule and your family's and it was because of your husband's/wife's contact's/fame that helped you to become what you wanted to be.....well then in my book you are VEGAS BABY....Isn't that what we all want....someway to make our own mark on the world and if someone can give us a leg up in that journey...I don't see a problem with it. I do see a problem with messing with married men to get ahead...whether they are still actually married or separated ...however you want to paint it.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf 5;3656458;
    Really? Then explain it to me....cuz evidently I don't understand why using contacts you made after marriage to get ahead is wrong. Who hasn't? If you made your way in life before you got married...good for you. If because you got married it put you in touch with people that could make you more successful...that's even better. If after you got married, you found a job/vocation/avocation that fits in with your schedule and your family's and it was because of your husband's/wife's contact's/fame that helped you to become what you wanted to be.....well then in my book you are VEGAS BABY....Isn't that what we all want....someway to make our own mark on the world and if someone can give us a leg up in that journey...I don't see a problem with it. I do see a problem with messing with married men to get ahead...whether they are still actually married or separated ...however you want to paint it.
    Yes, its called networking. I am an Insurance Agent and I do it all the time. Kim on the other hand is doing old fashioned Adultery. Adultery in some states is still on the books as a crime, Is it enforced not always but it has been in the past. So consenting Adultery is just as heinous as cheating on the sly.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hmmmmm....

Housewives’s Lisa Wu Hartwell: We Were Not Evicted - PEOPLE TV Watch

The drama continues with the Real Housewives of Atlanta, both on camera and off. Despite reports that Lisa Wu Hartwell and husband, Ed, were evicted from their Atlanta home, the housewife tells PEOPLE.com, “We chose to move, we were not evicted.”

Adds Hartwell, 38, “It was decision that we made and not one that was made for us. But we were not put out.” As for the TMZ report that the couple defaulted on their bank loan, she re-affirms that an attempt to restructure the loan “didn’t work out,” but her family was “not evicted, it was a short-sell. It was not a foreclosure.”

Admitting she has felt the pressure of the recession, she says the couple and their children have moved into a new “downsized” home in a neighboring community. Scrutiny and blog buzz “make me laugh,” adds Hartwell, but it’s nothing compared to the catfights on the show.

“I’m watching like, ‘this is crazy,’ ” she says of the first two episodes. And Thursday’s follow up to the fight between Kim Zolciak, Sheree Whitfield and NeNe Leaks promises to be hair-raising. “You haven’t seen nothing yet!”

--------------------

The bolded part stuck out for me. Where it says "their children." They only have the one little toddler boy, correct? And she is trying for another baby. Could her children from her first marriage actually live with her but are just not filmed?

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3656706;
    Hmmmmm....

Housewives’s Lisa Wu Hartwell: We Were Not Evicted - PEOPLE TV Watch

The drama continues with the Real Housewives of Atlanta, both on camera and off. Despite reports that Lisa Wu Hartwell and husband, Ed, were evicted from their Atlanta home, the housewife tells PEOPLE.com, “We chose to move, we were not evicted.”

Adds Hartwell, 38, “It was decision that we made and not one that was made for us. But we were not put out.” As for the TMZ report that the couple defaulted on their bank loan, she re-affirms that an attempt to restructure the loan “didn’t work out,” but her family was “not evicted, it was a short-sell. It was not a foreclosure.”

Admitting she has felt the pressure of the recession, she says the couple and their children have moved into a new “downsized” home in a neighboring community. Scrutiny and blog buzz “make me laugh,” adds Hartwell, but it’s nothing compared to the catfights on the show.

“I’m watching like, ‘this is crazy,’ ” she says of the first two episodes. And Thursday’s follow up to the fight between Kim Zolciak, Sheree Whitfield and NeNe Leaks promises to be hair-raising. “You haven’t seen nothing yet!”

--------------------

The bolded part stuck out for me. Where it says "their children." They only have the one little toddler boy, correct? And she is trying for another baby. Could her children from her first marriage actually live with her but are just not filmed?
    Keith Sweat has custody. I just saw an article yesterday that says Lisa is suing for custody.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thanks, Diva. It just seems weird to me that the article mentioned "children" when they clearly only film the little one.

Does Ed have children from a previous marriage, or is this his first marriage and the little guy is his only child? Hmmmm, will have to pay more attention when I watch this show.

+ Reply to Thread