+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 407 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast
Like Tree1406Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3376172;
    NeNe, Kim, Sheree, and Lisa, make room for one more! EW.com has learned exclusively that DeShawn Snow’s replacement on Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Atlanta is Kandi Burruss, a singer-songwriter from the platinum-selling ’90s R&B girl group Xscape (which also included sistersLaTocha and Tamika Scott, as well as Burruss’ best friend Tameka “Tiny” Cottle). Burruss is undeniably the most notable member from Xscape. Since the group parted ways in the late ’90s, she had a somewhat successful solo singing career (her biggest hit: “Don’t Think I’m Not”) but has seen ever greater successes with songwriting. Along with Cottle (who’s married to rap superstar T.I.), she wrote TLC’s 1999 smash hit “No Scrubs.” Burruss has also penned jams for Mariah Carey, Destiny’s Child, Boyz II Men, Alicia Keys, and Faith Evans. The singer-songwriter has a daughter, 6-year-old Riley, from a previous relationship, and a boyfriend. Burruss fills the spot vacated by DeShawn Snow, who is the wife of Cleveland Cavaliers NBA player and NBA TV announcer Eric Snow.

I'd like to see her tell Kimmy that she can not and should not ever ever try to sing again!

sorry to find humor when someone has probs but she irritated the heck out of me. anywho, i thought she did end up with close to the 7 figure payout she was looking for. she went all the way to the supreme court to get it. granted they didn't feel she deserved alimony on top of everything else she was awarded. if the article is real, why would you need a lawyer for a speeding ticket? is that a requirement in georgia? how could she have run through all the money (over $130k a yr according to the settlement) already. it doesn't make sense.

Usually when one gets a speeding ticket and pleads guilty, they will be fined, have points put on their license and see an increase in their insurance rate. One is allowed so many points on their license before they lose the license.

Using the services of a lawyer, rather than going it alone and pleading guilty to those charges, often helps people get the speeding ticket reduced to a lesser charge, such as parking on the pavement. No points, no increase in insurance, minimal fine to the courts. Some people would rather pay a lawyer to do this rather than mess up their license and/or insurance.

So I don't find her getting her lawyer involved in a speeding ticket all that unusual.

I thought I read on here that she was expecting a lot of $$$ in her divorce settlement, like in the high seven figure range and was mighty PO'd when her settlement was only in the low seven figure range.

Oh well, I am sure divorce settlement will look like small chump change compared to the mega millions she makes off her clothing line.....we all know that will be a smashing success.

NOT!

Well, whaddya know - I go away for awhile, and look at all this. You mean to say that the entire watching public is no longer jealous of Ms. ShaBoom Whitfield? Imagine That!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Which reminds me- If NeNe really has fallen on hard times, I wish the best for her and her husband. She has a kind heart and has had her world turned upside down with the father business; that must be heartbreaking.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Does anyone know when Season 2 will begin. It should be more than a little interesting.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha;3383168;
    Does anyone know when Season 2 will begin. It should be more than a little interesting.
    It should probably start in time for May or November sweeps. I know season 2 has been filming for a few weeks now.

I feel for Sheree, I wonder if the cameras were there during the time of her legal troubles?

I also wish they'd keep tabs on DeShawn. I liked her, she may not have been exciting but she did try to keep out of the petty stuff.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3383747;
    I feel for Sheree, I wonder if the cameras were there during the time of her legal troubles?
    I'd like to think of Sheree's situation as karma. She was way full of herself to the point that I was shocked to hear that she has no education beyond high school.

This season will be very interesting to watch, as Sheree had to sell her home and lost her divorce battle BIG TIME. Mediatakeout.com reported that her ex-husband threw a big divorce party over the weekend. My spidey senses tell me he moved his money out of the country to hide it from Sheree. I really can't believe that he's as broke as he claimed in court.

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;3383894;
    I'd like to think of Sheree's situation as karma. She was way full of herself to the point that I was shocked to hear that she has no education beyond high school.

I agree with you there. Sheree was a legend in her own mind, and I'm thinking this is karma coming around to bite her in the butt...

+ Reply to Thread