+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 413 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree1478Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Sheree is really making herself out to be quite the fool. To put on such appearances / airs on the show, and then have her lawyer publicly (in a court) announce she has a high school diploma and no skills? Seriously? I would rather try to make it on the hundred grand a year (plus child support over 2 grand/month) and invest the settlement $. I'm not big into public humiliation - but that's just me.

I watched a few reruns today with my eyes closed (huge headache) and can Lisa say "for real" any more? Lisa "for real" Wu gets so excited over the fact that DA-SHAUN's chef tells her that he has been cooking for 10 years. Lisa screams, "Oh My God, For Real?", what's the big deal?

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I thought he said DeShaun hadn't cooked in 10 years!?!? At least thats how I remember it....I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3272902;
    I thought he said DeShaun hadn't cooked in 10 years!?!? At least thats how I remember it....I don't know.
    For real?? LOL! I was wondering why she made such a big deal out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3269984;
    Sheree is really making herself out to be quite the fool. To put on such appearances / airs on the show, and then have her lawyer publicly (in a court) announce she has a high school diploma and no skills? Seriously? I would rather try to make it on the hundred grand a year (plus child support over 2 grand/month) and invest the settlement $. I'm not big into public humiliation - but that's just me.
    It's really ironic that she made either statements on the show or in her Bravo blogs that people were intimidated by her success, and now she's crying poor, pitiful, uneducated me.
    Kocktail Kat

Real Housewives’ Sheree dismisses divorce appeal
    Lawyers claim Bob Whitfield has squandered his NFL fortune
    By BY BILL RANKIN

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Monday, January 12, 2009

Former Atlanta Falcon Bob Whitfield has squandered his fortune and failed to pay child support for his two children for 15 months, his ex-wife’s lawyer said Monday.

For this reason, Sheree Whitfield, a star of the TV reality show “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” dismissed her appeal of the couple’s divorce case that sought alimony from the former football star, her lawyer, Michael Weinstock, said.

Elissa Eubanks / AJC

Sheree Whitfield says Bob Whitfield hasn’t paid child support since the final divorce judgment was signed in October 2007.

Metro Atlanta News“The man hasn’t paid a dime” in child support, Weinstock said. “Mr. Whitfield’s going to have to figure out how to pay the money.”

Weinstock made the claims during arguments before the Georgia Supreme Court in which he and Bob Whitfield’s lawyer, Christopher Olmstead, leveled accusations at one another.

Olmstead argued that Sheree Whitfield, 38, or her lawyers, should pay up to $2,500 in penalties for bringing a frivolous appeal.

“This is an affront to the court,” Olmstead said. “The icing on the cake, the cherry on the sundae” arrived Monday morning when Sheree Whitfield’s lawyers filed a motion to dismiss the appeal, he said.

Weinstock countered that the appeal was filed for legitimate reasons but the issue is now moot because Whitfield is broke.

Whitfield, 37, played for the Falcons for 12 years. He and Sheree Whitfield married in June 2000. Six months later, the Falcons gave their star offensive lineman a then-franchise record $8 million signing bonus.

The couple separated three years later and Sheree Whitfield filed for divorce in 2005.

After a trial, a Fulton County judge awarded Sheree Whitfield custody of the couple’s two children. The judge also ordered Bob Whitfield to pay $2,142 a month in child support, give his ex-wife $775,000 in cash and turn over shares of four NFL retirement accounts.

Bob Whitfield was awarded the family’s $2.4 million, 5,900-square-foot home in Sandy Springs and four other properties, including his “world-class” recording studio.

Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc. is now advertising that it plans to foreclose and sell the spacious Sandy Springs home on the courthouse steps.

Sheree Whitfield initially filed her appeal to the Georgia Supreme Court on grounds she was wrongly denied alimony. While Olmstead wants to “take shots” at her lawyers, his client may ultimately be found in contempt of court, Weinstock said.

To date, Bob Whitfield has paid $425,000 of the court-ordered $775,000 to his ex-wife. But he has not paid any child support since the final divorce judgment was signed in October 2007, Weinstock said.
    Kocktail Kat

Wow! How does someone go through so much money? What a waste! What is SheREE going to do now that she has to rely on her own so called talents. Does anyone know if there is a season two and if so, who is in/out?

Did anyone catch Kim on EXTRA interviewing stars after the Golden Globe Awards? Seems she thought this gig meant she could get into the after-parties but apparently she was turned away at the door.

Goin' to the Globes | NBC Los Angeles
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by KocktailKat;3275594;
    Real Housewives’ Sheree dismisses divorce appeal
    Lawyers claim Bob Whitfield has squandered his NFL fortune
    By BY BILL RANKIN

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Monday, January 12, 2009

Former Atlanta Falcon Bob Whitfield has squandered his fortune and failed to pay child support for his two children for 15 months, his ex-wife’s lawyer said Monday.

For this reason, Sheree Whitfield, a star of the TV reality show “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” dismissed her appeal of the couple’s divorce case that sought alimony from the former football star, her lawyer, Michael Weinstock, said.

Elissa Eubanks / AJC

Sheree Whitfield says Bob Whitfield hasn’t paid child support since the final divorce judgment was signed in October 2007.

Metro Atlanta News“The man hasn’t paid a dime” in child support, Weinstock said. “Mr. Whitfield’s going to have to figure out how to pay the money.”

Weinstock made the claims during arguments before the Georgia Supreme Court in which he and Bob Whitfield’s lawyer, Christopher Olmstead, leveled accusations at one another.

Olmstead argued that Sheree Whitfield, 38, or her lawyers, should pay up to $2,500 in penalties for bringing a frivolous appeal.

“This is an affront to the court,” Olmstead said. “The icing on the cake, the cherry on the sundae” arrived Monday morning when Sheree Whitfield’s lawyers filed a motion to dismiss the appeal, he said.

Weinstock countered that the appeal was filed for legitimate reasons but the issue is now moot because Whitfield is broke.

Whitfield, 37, played for the Falcons for 12 years. He and Sheree Whitfield married in June 2000. Six months later, the Falcons gave their star offensive lineman a then-franchise record $8 million signing bonus.

The couple separated three years later and Sheree Whitfield filed for divorce in 2005.

After a trial, a Fulton County judge awarded Sheree Whitfield custody of the couple’s two children. The judge also ordered Bob Whitfield to pay $2,142 a month in child support, give his ex-wife $775,000 in cash and turn over shares of four NFL retirement accounts.

Bob Whitfield was awarded the family’s $2.4 million, 5,900-square-foot home in Sandy Springs and four other properties, including his “world-class” recording studio.

Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc. is now advertising that it plans to foreclose and sell the spacious Sandy Springs home on the courthouse steps.

Sheree Whitfield initially filed her appeal to the Georgia Supreme Court on grounds she was wrongly denied alimony. While Olmstead wants to “take shots” at her lawyers, his client may ultimately be found in contempt of court, Weinstock said.

To date, Bob Whitfield has paid $425,000 of the court-ordered $775,000 to his ex-wife. But he has not paid any child support since the final divorce judgment was signed in October 2007, Weinstock said.
    Bummer...Guess no more $6000 plus shopping sprees on shoes? Time to get acquainted with the dreaded "B" word (Budget)
    Last edited by beesknees; 01-13-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Previews for season 2 ... The BROKE Housewives of Altanta.

Watch your favorite housewife going back to school shopping at Goodwill and finding out that you can't use food stamps for cigarettes and chardonnay.
    Kocktail Kat

+ Reply to Thread