+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 384 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree1061Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Hello Kitty Fanatic krazysexxykool's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;3150738;
    NeNe is a bit too "I Love New York" for my tastes.

Yes she is, I can't stand her, lol. She's so LOUD and over the top.

FORT Regular

The more I see of the blonde Big Poppa lovin' prostitute the more I think she may have started out in life as a man. Quite a deep voice and large man hands. She is even more trannytasic than Lauri from OC.

Starts Tonight

Maybe it's just me, but Kim's personal stylist guy sounds like Napolean Dynamite.

FORT Fan

Does anyone else think NeNe was set up at the party? It's just too much of a coincedence that the former martal enemy was the one person causing a scene at the door. And why didn't Sheree tell NeNe to stay? I think Sheree was being a biznatch by sending her assistant to invite NeNe, rather than apologizing for herself. Getting turned away at the door of a hot party is embarrassing, but NeNe made it more embarrassing by her nasty attitude.

I like Nene and Kim's relationship. I am going to love the fireworks between Sheree and Nene. Nene looks like a friend I had in high school. I think my fav of the ladies is the one who is the real estate broker.

FORT Fan

Agreed. Kim proved that she was really NeNe's friend. Some catty ass women would have stayed at the party without NeNe.

Kim is in my cool-book now, but I'm afraid she can't sing. I also want to know if Kim wears a lace front?

Quote Originally Posted by katie/lynn;3211849;
    The more I see of the blonde Big Poppa lovin' prostitute the more I think she may have started out in life as a man. Quite a deep voice and large man hands. She is even more trannytasic than Lauri from OC.
    Darn!!!! Ya beat me to it! I kept thinking, tranny, tranny , tranny!!!!! What did she say about herself? Was it "Damn, I look good"? Were her eyes shut? I also have to ask......... WHAT UP WITH HER HAIR????????????? Extensions AND a hairpiece!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It was like she had all of the OC gals on her head at once!!!!! Great first episode! Wheeeeeeeeeeee! Can't wait until next week!

Since we saw the whole Big Papa bought me a Cadillac Escalade scene, why did she go to the party in a Range Rover???

Two articles I found out there on the 'net......

Lifestyles of the rich and boring - Yahoo! News

Lifestyles of the rich and boring By Barry Garron
    Tue Oct 7, 9:16 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" expands the Bravo reality brand that has already taken viewers to Orange County, Calif., and New York.

It also demonstrates, in a perverse way, real progress in racial equality. We have clear, incontrovertible evidence that newly rich black women in Atlanta can be every bit as shallow, self-centered and profligate as white women in similar circumstances.

One woman in this series calls Atlanta the "black Hollywood," a reference to the number of wealthy black families that have moved there. The five "real housewives" live in different sections of the metro area but share a desire to spend lavishly. They are linked to one another through past or current friendships.

Some of the women operate businesses, but, with one possible exception, their affluent lifestyles are the result of marrying well. So if you're looking for tips on how you, too, can become wealthy, the top suggestion would be to start dating professional athletes. Or, in the case of Kim, the lone white woman in the group, find yourself a semi-anonymous "Big Papa," which is her name for sugar daddy.

In the first episode, we are treated to seemingly limitless spending by DeShawn, who moves into a new 15,000-square-foot mansion after spending all of three hours with her designer, and Sheree, who hires security to keep the riffraff from her 38th birthday party. Says Sheree: "Budget. What's that?" Don't ask Kim. She buys a Cadillac for nearly $70,000 on the spur of the moment, with only a call for Big Papa's OK.

Good for her and good for the others. The Founding Fathers intended for us to be free to spend our money on any legal products. But why anyone would waste time watching others do little more than exercise their Visa cards is a puzzle. Sure, there's always been a certain fascination with the lives of the rich. However, these women are not just rich, they're self-indulgent to the point of boredom.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Bravo's `Housewives' franchise spreads to Atlanta - Yahoo! News

Bravo's `Housewives' franchise spreads to Atlanta By ERIN CARLSON, Associated Press Writer
    Tue Oct 7, 5:33 PM ET

NEW YORK - How do the ladies of "Real Housewives" measure success? In New York co-ops, gated McMansions, fairy-tale weddings, Rolex watches and shameless social climbing.

The act of living large or aspiring to that much-cherished goal transcends area codes in Bravo's "Real Housewives" reality franchise, where having money is a high priority for the upscale women and wannabes of Orange County, Calif., New York City and Atlanta.

Exhibit A, "O.C." edition: Tamra Barney, freshly Botoxed, celebrates her 40th birthday on a yacht. Upon receiving a $40,000 Rolex from her husband, she exclaims, "I'm a little taken back by this! But I'm 40 I so deserve it!"

Exhibit B, "New York" edition: Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, wife of a Frenchman whose ancestor presented the Statue of Liberty to the United States, admonishes friend Bethenny when she introduces her to a driver as "LuAnn" instead of "Mrs. de Lesseps."

And Exhibit C, "Atlanta" edition: Sheree Whitfield, divorced mother of three, throws herself a glamorous birthday bash in her million dollar home. Not on the list: nemesis NeNe Leakes, who is publicly humiliated after being denied entrance despite winning style points for her slinky designer dress and shoes.

They are friends and rivals, frequently ridiculous, sometimes relatable and, above all, pure viewing pleasure. "The Real Housewives of Orange County" was first to premiere, in March 2006. Viewership has more than doubled over three seasons of the show. Season one averaged 471,000 viewers; last season averaged 1.16 million viewers an episode.

The show's popularity led the cable channel to spin off "New York" and "Atlanta." Filming is now under way for season two of "New York," which garnered averaged 928,000 viewers an episode in its first season.

The debut season of "Atlanta," which premiered this week, will overlap with the fourth season of "Orange County," beginning next month. And coming down the turnpike: "Real Housewives of New Jersey."

Andy Cohen, Bravo's senior vice president of programming and development, said the franchise has successfully wooed viewers who would otherwise balk at the over-the-top subjects.

"You start watching for one reason and then you keep watching and you realize, `Wait a minute, I either relate to these women or I love these women, or I can't get enough of them.' Whereas, you maybe started (watching) because you were like, `Wait a minute, what is this?'"

Whitfield, the Southern belle who keeps an entourage of personal assistants and stylists, said the drama is real. Yes, she really did leave Leakes' name off her party guest list but not on purpose.

"That was a horrible horrible mishap," said Whitfield, ex-wife of former NFL player Bob Whitfield. "No, I NEVER would have left her name off the list. ... It was a horrible situation that we tried to fix but it was too late."

In the episode, Whitfield busy celebrating at her party sends her apologetic publicist outside to persuade Leakes to return to the party. A distressed Leakes, waiting for her car, refuses, steaming with anger and shame.

Bethenny Frankel, the no-nonsense businesswoman of "Real Housewives of New York City," said the entertainment value of the "Atlanta" spin-off has raised the game for the other shows.

"In this economy right now, it is the show of conspicuous consumption," Frankel said. "I felt like it was an episode of `Cribs' meets `Jerry Springer.' ... I like that they're unapologetic. I think it's going to be wildly entertaining. ... After watching this, if we're going to keep up our ratings, I'm going to go stand outside one of my cast mates' houses and wait for them outside and slap someone ... just because those women bring it to another level."

Some other standout moments: Kim Zolciak, the lone white woman on the "Atlanta" show, coaxes her secret sugar daddy to buy a new SUV for her; she later changes her outfit in a gas station parking lot as Leakes and a stylist try to form a protective wall. DeShawn Snow, bubbly wife of NBA star Eric Snow, a guard for the Cleveland Cavaliers, giggles while meeting the humorless estate manager for her new mansion. The steely Whitfield lets down her guard, wiping away real tears, as she is serenaded at her birthday party.

"I'm so excited that these are women of color and they are just living their lives in a real integrated society where it's not an issue," Bravo's Cohen said.

Their coastal counterparts are no less dramatic. Last season on "Orange County," real estate super-agent Jeana Keough finds herself back in the dating game after splitting from her husband Matt Keough, a former pro baseball player with whom she has three children. Keogh's best friend, Vicki Gunvalson, a married mom with a goofy side, tries to be a good wife while nurturing her growing insurance business. Meanwhile, Lauri Waring a well-groomed divorcee with financial problems snagged a rich husband and lived out her dream with a lavish wedding.

"We hate her," Keough joked. "She's so happy we all just hate her."

The "New York" edition has gained a cult following for its cast of highly competitive oddballs: Frankel, who has man problems; de Lesseps, who leaves her kids at home to hit the town with her 23-year-old niece; Alex McCord, who insists her toddler learns to speak French; Jill Zarin, who wears suede bell bottoms to a construction site; and social outcast Ramona Singer, who lashes out at McCord for bringing her husband to a ladies' dinner.

Frankel, who knew only Zarin before being cast on the show, said they represent "an older 'Sex and the City' married life." Frankel, 37 and single, called herself "the poor one."

She said that part of the show's appeal was its ability to polarize.

"Some people are angry because they say, `This is not really New York,' and, of course, it's not entirely New York," she said. "There are people at poetry readings in the Village and people doing drugs in Washington Square Park which has nothing to do with our lives but it's just a slice of New York and truth is stranger than fiction."

Keough, a former Playboy Playmate who now sells multimillion-dollar properties, said she would never live in New York and send her kids to school in a taxi. After meeting Frankel and company, she thought, "They all have publicists, and we're like, `Why bother? It's not our real job.'"

"You live in large houses, but I don't think any of us you know, we don't have yachts and boats and airplanes and stuff," Keough said. "I don't think we live large. I think I'm middle class."

She said the Atlanta women, three of whom married athletes, may suffer from "new money syndrome."

"That goes fast, you get over that," she said. "There's only so much jewelry and cars you can have and then you start saying, 'OK, this is stupid.'"

Has she ever suffered from the condition?

"Yes, well I still do. I still have six cars. It's just stupid. There's always one in the shop and a pain in the butt."

I love this snark fest! These women are really over the top. I kind of like Nene, she reminds me of a friend I have, I like her friendship with Kim. I wish I knew who Big Papa was. I think the whole party fiasco was a set up for some good TV drama. The only one I really admire is Lisa because she has a career and seems to work her butt off, she isn't just sitting around her mcMansion ordering the servants around.
    I LMAO when that guy was singing to Sheree at her party and her and two friends were crying, I was thinking they were crying because that guys' singing was so terrible!

+ Reply to Thread