+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 379 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree987Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Newbie

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I had wonderful parents and grandparents who taught me the basics-1) You are no better than anyone else 2) Be kind.

I am trying so hard to teach MY children the same and it is very hard to do in this crazy world. I see very little kindness in this show (except for, maybe, DeShawn) and I see a ton of a collective sense of "entitlement" so I think I may stop watching this idiotic show because it's driving me CRAZY!

Quote Originally Posted by LWD1957;3243554;
    So my whole family is sitting at the table at Thanksgiving and we are trying to explain to my 77-year-old parents what the Housewives of Atlanta is all about and they don't get it because....who would/could? Then we stopped talking about it because we all realize that the only ones who are more stupid than this collective nightmare are the people who watch it and talk about it! But, of course, some of us love the show just because it IS so stupid and we all had our "favorite" moments. Mine is when NeNe (whom I actually kind of like) is trying to help her son with his homework and neither of them can figure out what which is "bigger"-1/2 or 1/3 so they have to call in Gregg (isn't he a great guy?) who has to actually draw 2 pictures of pizzas-one divided in half and one in 1/3's and he's saying something like, "If John eats 1/3 of the pizza and Cole eats another 1/3 of the pizza, how much is left?" AND THEY DON'T GET IT!!!
    Kim is the worst. No way did this woman go to nursing school-she can't spell "CAT". She has a personal assistant whose job consists of returning clothing to Neiman Marcus and Barney's. She has a personal chef. And she drinks and smokes all the time. Does she have the "right" to do any of these things? Of course she does IF she didn't have children but she does and she is raising 2 daughters who can only see how the world works by how their mother lives. If you spend $18k on your daughter's 11th birthday, what comes next? What is going to happen at her 12th birthday? If you buy a car by calling the dealership ahead of time and say that you want to be in and out of the place in 5 minutes and you write a personal check for an expensive car without any negotiating and your children are watching this whole transaction take place, what in God's name are you teaching them? It must be obvious to these children where the $$ that supports this kind of lifestyle comes from. God help these children. Or call Child Protective Services!
    Kim definitely went to nursing school. If you are talking sex then Kim is spelling Kat correctly. I have a feeling besides sex and shopping those are the only skills she has kept up of late.

I rewatched the reunion show tonight with my daughter, and still feel that DeShawn was trying to distance herself from all the high school drama. Lisa's "crickets" comment was rude in my opinion.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I don't think Lisa was saying crickets to insult DeShawn but rather to emphasize that she wouldn't say anything positive about Kim. I don't see why Lisa would insult DeShawn the two don't seem to have any beef during the show. They were cooking together and talking about their husbands careers together at one point i think.

FORT Newbie

With regard to whoever mentioned Nene's eviction in October ... I live in the neighborhood, less than 100 yards from her old house. The whole thing was fabricated. There are 250 homes in the community and fewer than 5 are rented, the rest are lived in by the owners. She moved in a little over a year ago and never really had enough money to pay the rent. The goal was to survive through the end of the show. These are nice homes, but not mansions. They go for $450K to $750K on the high end. Hers was 5BR, 3.5Bath. She never met anyone in the neighborhood at all, her only relationship were from the show. Nene is not wealthy at all (nor are any of the other "wives"). Their only common bond is that they were trashy enough to appear on this stupid show. I am sorry my neighborhood was part of the setting, no matter how briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Carnivore;3244445;
    With regard to whoever mentioned Nene's eviction in October ... I live in the neighborhood, less than 100 yards from her old house. The whole thing was fabricated. There are 250 homes in the community and fewer than 5 are rented, the rest are lived in by the owners. She moved in a little over a year ago and never really had enough money to pay the rent. The goal was to survive through the end of the show. These are nice homes, but not mansions. They go for $450K to $750K on the high end. Hers was 5BR, 3.5Bath. She never met anyone in the neighborhood at all, her only relationship were from the show. Nene is not wealthy at all (nor are any of the other "wives"). Their only common bond is that they were trashy enough to appear on this stupid show. I am sorry my neighborhood was part of the setting, no matter how briefly.
    No offense, but I find it hard to belive that you know that girl's financial status.

FORT Fogey

Princess, you make a good point. If Nene never talked to anyone in the neighborhood, how would they know her financial status? My neighbors don't know my financial status, and I DO talk to them!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just seems like that kind of negative talk about somebody's financial status would be slanderous, but I don't really know.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3244413;
    I rewatched the reunion show tonight with my daughter, and still feel that DeShawn was trying to distance herself from all the high school drama. Lisa's "crickets" comment was rude in my opinion.
    I think DeShawn stayed silent because her speech is too slow to keep up with the other women. Seems like it takes her awhile to formulate a thought then speak it. Not to mention she is going to school to become a minister- she can't be seen acting a fool like NeNe.

I think Lisa's comment was an insult and that it flew out of her mouth before she had time to put on her 'peace maker- I love everybody' persona. That was real Lisa that just slipped out for a second.

As far as NeNe's finances, I doubt she is the only housewife whose lifestyle has been exagerrated for the show (and that applies to every season of the show, esp the New York season).
    Everyday is a Blessing!

NeNe evicted from her 'Housewives' home

Is one of the Housewives homeless?

NeNe Leakes, breakout star -- and Anderson Cooper favorite -- from Bravo's reality show The Real Housewives of Atlanta, is no longer living at the five-bedroom residence shown on the series, reports AccessAtlanta.com. According to the broker for the 5,000-square-foot home in Duluth, Ga., NeNe and her husband, Gregory Leakes, left in November after Winwood Properties filed an eviction notice in September.

Apparently, Greg Leakes owed $6,240 in past due rent. NeNe, in a series of e-mails Tuesday with AccessAtlanta, would not say where she is living now. “It’s none of your business,” she wrote. But she said they “are financial able [sic] and stable to live where ever we feel fits.”

NeNe, 41, also noted that the eviction notice does not have her name on it, adding “you don’t know my relationship with Greg so be careful what you report!”
    Link

+ Reply to Thread