+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 413 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree1477Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I don't think Lisa's rant had anything to do with the NeNe/Kim song. It was totally edited to make it look like that. When she made the comment about throwing Kim over the couch, you could tell that something was cut before that.

All I have to say is "Crickets". lol

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

NeNe was a little too over the top for me last nite. Seems like she thinks she can do or say whatever about Kim and Kim should just accept it. She came of as hateful when talking about Kim's singing and how she won't get a record deal. Sure, she can't sing but no need to shoot down someone's goals and just come out of left field talking about dating married men.

NeNe's hair isn't real so it baffles me that she continues to talk about Kim's wig. Don't get me wrong- I like NeNe but I also like Kim and think NeNe is being a bit unfair.

Lisa sitting on NeNe's lap was just ridiculous. I'm sure the producers or even the host would have stepped in had it come to that. I think that was for attention. Even all her peace talk is probably for attention.

DeShawn was smart to stay out of the fighting but she still comes off as a dummy. Sorry.

Thought the show was overhyped. Didn't do much for me. But I'm looking forward to a 2nd season.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

FORT Newbie

The Reunion in Atlanta

Like, does anyone believe that Kim had cancer? She came across SO badly.
    These women are such a collective nightmare except DeShawn. She is so sweet and really appreciates her lifestyle. I loved the scene where she and her husband (what a nice guy) were sitting in the back yard and looking at their house and saying something like"Wow, did you ever believe we'd have all this?"

FORT Fan

Re: The Reunion in Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by LWD1957;3241777;
    Like, does anyone believe that Kim had cancer?
    Does Kim realize that cancer itself DOES NOT cause people to go bald, that it's the chemotherapy? And does she think we'll actually believe that a DOCTOR of all people said "I think you have cancer." WTF? I don't think any professional doctor would scare a friend like that, especially without any medical examinations or tests. Come on!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;3241783;
    Does Kim realize that cancer itself DOES NOT cause people to go bald, that it's the chemotherapy? And does she think we'll actually believe that a DOCTOR of all people said "I think you have cancer." WTF? I don't think any professional doctor would scare a friend like that, especially without any medical examinations or tests. Come on!!
    I don't think she realizes that. She's just that slow.
    Yet she was a RN????

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;3241784;
    I don't think she realizes that. She's just that slow.
    Yet she was a RN????
    She said she was a "nurse" but I don't know if she claimed to be an RN. I just assumed what she meant by being a "nurse" was that she had at some point:

1. dressed up in a naughty nurses outfit for a man (for diamonds, cash, etc.)
    2. may or may not have at some point "nursed" one of her daughters with a cold, or runny nose
    3. has worn white

Hehe

The women on this show were all a hot mess, to me...

Kim and Sheree - Both seemed pretty phony. Sheree made it seem like she was so classy, yet her actions were juvenile. I believe in supporting my friends too but she was over the top with Kim. At the same time Kim was the same way with her - thus they make a great couple. Sheree and NeNe, on the other hand, probably never will, they are too different and that's fine - everyone doesn't need to be friends.

DeShawn - My first impression of her was "snob". I understand having a chef (would love that) and an housekeeper (dream!!!) I questioned the make-up artist and stylist at the house. Okay I admit a little nick picky on my part but that was my impression. By the end, however, I liked her. She seems honest and more grateful than I gave her credit.

NeNe - Loud, crazy and a little fun. She's a person I could take in doses. She loud and agressive and she doesn't make any apologies. I feel like I know what to expect from her and she would tell me the truth if I asked. I like this type of person far better than someone who smiles in my face and really hates my guts!

Lisa - Sneaky, and fun. She was portrayed as the peacemaker yet she stirred some of the drama. Telling Sheree about NeNe drunken antics would only lead to more drama. And threatening Kim by phone was extreme. I'm sure there's something else to their tension - I wish I knew what it was (???)

This is the first 'housewives' show I've seen. Are they all this crazy??
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I've never seen any of these housewives shows and only caught a few moments of this one (not the reunion show but the one where they were celebrating somebodies birthday and her husband got her a blue face rolex?) because I was hunting around for something to watch while I wait for the next slew of shows to start. I wasn't very impressed. I am from the South and I did not like AT ALL how these "women" made us look. I thought they were all annoying and even if they had money? They were too trashy for my tastes.

Are the other housewives shows better?

Anyways, could only handle about 10 minutes and I was gone to find something else to while away the time till the winter shows start up.

I too was wanting a little more meat than just what we saw in the previews.

At first I thought Dwight had the wig on to mock Kim and Sheree. He cracks me up. I think it was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by LWD1957;3241777;
    Like, does anyone believe that Kim had cancer? She came across SO badly.
    These women are such a collective nightmare except DeShawn. She is so sweet and really appreciates her lifestyle. I loved the scene where she and her husband (what a nice guy) were sitting in the back yard and looking at their house and saying something like"Wow, did you ever believe we'd have all this?"

She said several times she did NOT have cancer. The host asked more than once to clarify..."So you did not have cancer?" "No, I did not."

Then she said that she didn't want to discuss what caused her to lose her hair. Whole thing seems weird to me regardless.

But what puzzles me is that she kept saying she would never choose to wear the wig or extensions if she didn't have to, which is very understandable, but for a woman who showed no hesitation at writing a check for almost $70 grand for a new Escalade, why wouldn't she get a wig or extentions that were the best that money could buy?
    Last edited by MargaritaHour; 11-26-2008 at 06:41 PM. Reason: wanted to add something

+ Reply to Thread